Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page weezer - Pinkerton deluxe
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.07.2010, 10:55 AM   #21
SonikJesus
the end of the ugly

SonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.punknews.org/article/39970
SonikJesus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.08.2010, 06:05 AM   #22
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
Apparently there's going to be a 4LP version of this too, ala the SY deluxe sets. I'm all over that shit.
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.08.2010, 08:46 AM   #23
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

hevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asses
I've never understood remastered and "Deluxe" versions of crap. The original album is just fine and costs half the price (if not less). Reissues are just a money making scheme to make music nerds prove their love.
hevusa is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.08.2010, 02:45 PM   #24
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
^ To collect all the b-sides on one album, I guess.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.08.2010, 02:56 PM   #25
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
I buy certain reissues... Sonic Youth obviously, Pavement, Beck, etc.. but really I always wish that instead of a reissue of the album they just release a standalone disc or set of all the b-sides from a period. Why tack a bunch of shit onto Dirty when they could just make a single standalone disc called PRETTY FUCKING DIRTY or something of all the Dirty bsides. That would be way cooler.
Old 10.08.2010, 04:18 PM   #26
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

hevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
^ To collect all the b-sides on one album, I guess.

And is it worth hearing all the shit that was cut out the first time around for a reason? Not usually.
Old 10.08.2010, 04:35 PM   #27
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Sometimes b-side tracks are better than the ones that made the album. They're not always cut 'cause they suck, often it's just to give the album a better flow. I'm sure you know that though.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.08.2010, 04:57 PM   #28
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
in the case of Weezer, the bsides from the first album are as good and maybe better than the album.
Old 10.08.2010, 04:59 PM   #29
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
Sometimes b-side tracks are better than the ones that made the album. They're not always cut 'cause they suck, often it's just to give the album a better flow. I'm sure you know that though.

I have never found this to be true. What sometimes are we talking about here?
Old 10.08.2010, 08:04 PM   #30
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
Well, considering we're on the SY board, Genetic and Lee 2, from the Dirty and Goo reissues respectively, are both as good as anything on those albums. Another great example is Radiohead, who have a BUNCH of their best songs as b-sides, such as Trans-Atlantic Drawl or Polyethalene. The Breeders and The Beatles are also great examples. I've often said that you can kind of judge a band's overall awesomeness by the quality of their B-sides, because these were the songs they could afford to throw away. If they still rock, it bodes very well for the band's creativity.
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.08.2010, 08:39 PM   #31
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Earl Of Slander
Well, considering we're on the SY board, Genetic and Lee 2, from the Dirty and Goo reissues respectively, are both as good as anything on those albums. Another great example is Radiohead, who have a BUNCH of their best songs as b-sides, such as Trans-Atlantic Drawl or Polyethalene. The Breeders and The Beatles are also great examples. I've often said that you can kind of judge a band's overall awesomeness by the quality of their B-sides, because these were the songs they could afford to throw away. If they still rock, it bodes very well for the band's creativity.

I do enjoy Radiohead's b-sides but they are probably the exception.
Old 10.08.2010, 09:07 PM   #32
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Pinkerton's b-sides are a thousand times better than Pinkerton itself...

Gonna have to agree with Transatlantic Drawl, def. my fav. Radiohead song.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.08.2010, 10:18 PM   #33
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
i dont know what were supposed to do with Pinkerton, why doesnt someone come up with an answer to this problem?

Indie band Weezer are offered $10m to split up

Online petition launched to raise money to get the US rockers to quit

By Jonathan Harwood
LAST UPDATED 3:15 PM, OCTOBER 7, 2010 Share

The American indie band Weezer is being offered $10m to split up by a disgruntled listener, who has launched an online petition to raise the money. James Burns is asking everyone who signs to cough up at least $12 to help pay off the band, fronted by Rivers Cuomo.
Burns says he was motivated to start the campaign out of concern for the wellbeing of fans who have been disappointed by the band's new material.
"If we reach at least $10m then we get a chance to possibly stop hearing about a shitty new Weezer album every goddamn year,” writes Burns at petition website The Point .
"Every year, Rivers Cuomo swears that he's changed, and that their new album is the best thing that he's done since Pinkerton, and what happens? Another pile of crap like Beverly Hills or I'm Your Daddy.
"This is an abusive relationship, and it needs to stop now. I am tired of my friends being disappointed year after year. I am tired of endless whimsical cutesy album covers and music videos. I'm sick of hearing about whatever this terrible... excuse for a band is up to these days."
Burns's chances of success appear slim, however. Two days after launching the campaign only 16 people had made a donation and Burns was still $9,999,685 short of his target.
The band is aware of the campaign. Weezer's drummer Patrick Wilson used Twitter to try to raise the stakes. "If they can make it $20m, we'll do the 'deluxe breakup'," he announced.
Weezer was formed in the early 1990s and enjoyed success with the songs Undone - The Sweater Song and Buddy Holly. The videos for both songs were directed by Spike Jonze and became popular on MTV. The clip for Buddy Holly was filmed and edited to look as though it was part of the TV show Happy Days.
The band's first album, one of three released with the title Weezer, established their reputation, but the follow-up, Pinkerton, was voted one of the worst albums of 1996 by Rolling Stone magazine. However, it attained cult status and sold almost 1 million copies

Read more: http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/69781,...#ixzz11pOwvtqL

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.14.2010, 12:26 PM   #34
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
Speakin of weezer.

Miss Sweeney is an awesome song I found on youtube from the red album.

Sounds kind of like pinkerton but alittle fresher.

Nothing amazing, but it strikes a chord with me for some reason.

I like how he sings the verses too.

I havent bought an album of theirs since maladroit but check out a song or two from each album. He finally has one good song.
DeadDiscoDildo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.14.2010, 01:04 PM   #35
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
I buy certain reissues... Sonic Youth obviously, Pavement, Beck, etc.. but really I always wish that instead of a reissue of the album they just release a standalone disc or set of all the b-sides from a period. Why tack a bunch of shit onto Dirty when they could just make a single standalone disc called PRETTY FUCKING DIRTY or something of all the Dirty bsides. That would be way cooler.

BTW, oddly Weezer apparently did exactly what I'm talking about. They released the Blue Album deluxe bonus disc on its own! As its own album!
Old 10.14.2010, 08:32 PM   #36
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
BTW, oddly Weezer apparently did exactly what I'm talking about. They released the Blue Album deluxe bonus disc on its own! As its own album!
Jesus.. That is retarded. The disc was cool and everything.. but jeez
L00kin f0rward 2 dee reissue th0.
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth