Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page BOSTON Tickets sale date?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.24.2009, 01:01 PM   #61
chicka
expwy. to yr skull

chicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asses
What a show. The sound was fantastic. You could here the vocals every bit as well as the guitars. Enjoyed the addition of a full time bass player which left to play more ryuthm and some lead. Everybody was point on from the minute they hit the stage till they left. I was off right from the get-go but the first song that got me out of my seat was Antenna. Most amazing thing was History of the Message the last minute or so as they let the guitars just wined down you could have heard a pin drop not one person in the place was making a peep. Because of the sound and their playing be dead on it was the best show I've seen by them. Maybe not the best playlist but the rest of it spot on even the lights were simple but effective and enhancing.
Old 11.24.2009, 01:39 PM   #62
hooligan37
little trouble girl

hooligan37 kicks all y'all's asseshooligan37 kicks all y'all's asseshooligan37 kicks all y'all's asseshooligan37 kicks all y'all's asseshooligan37 kicks all y'all's asseshooligan37 kicks all y'all's asseshooligan37 kicks all y'all's asseshooligan37 kicks all y'all's asseshooligan37 kicks all y'all's asseshooligan37 kicks all y'all's asseshooligan37 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicka
What a show. The sound was fantastic. You could here the vocals every bit as well as the guitars. Enjoyed the addition of a full time bass player which left to play more ryuthm and some lead. Everybody was point on from the minute they hit the stage till they left. I was off right from the get-go but the first song that got me out of my seat was Antenna. Most amazing thing was History of the Message the last minute or so as they let the guitars just wined down you could have heard a pin drop not one person in the place was making a peep. Because of the sound and their playing be dead on it was the best show I've seen by them. Maybe not the best playlist but the rest of it spot on even the lights were simple but effective and enhancing.

Sound on the floor was different. Vocals not clear most the time. But I guess you cant have your cake and eat it too. I was there both nights front center, but maybe I should of sat in mezz 1 of those nights. Next time.
hooligan37 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.24.2009, 01:41 PM   #63
rike101
empty page

rike101 has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Most amazing thing was History of the Message the last minute or so as they let the guitars just wined down you could have heard a pin drop not one person in the place was making a peep.

Don't know which night you went. I went Monday night, and had the same experience with the pin drop thing. It was especially transcendant on "Shadow of a Doubt". It was beautifully done.
rike101 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.26.2009, 10:03 AM   #64
Clegg
empty page

Clegg has much to be proud ofClegg has much to be proud ofClegg has much to be proud ofClegg has much to be proud ofClegg has much to be proud ofClegg has much to be proud ofClegg has much to be proud ofClegg has much to be proud of
What a great show.... Drove down from Montreal to see their Sunday show, and it was worth every penny! My first Sonic Youth show, and it was everything I expected. Loud, the sound was fantastic, the feel was great... I had GA tickets.

Too bad I can't drive down to NY for their next show...

For those of you that were there on the Sunday, what did you think of the feelies? I wasn't too impressed.
Old 11.26.2009, 11:18 AM   #65
narlus
100%

narlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
What a show. The sound was fantastic. You could here the vocals every bit as well as the guitars. Enjoyed the addition of a full time bass player which left to play more ryuthm and some lead.

the guy doing sound for The Feelies hated it:
http://srforums.prosoundweb.com/inde...g/51347/0/0/0/

btw, i thought The Feelies were great. if you like that sort of music, you will dig it (jittery guitar riffs). they sounded just as good as in the early 90s.
narlus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.08.2009, 01:01 PM   #66
dazedcola
the end of the ugly

dazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's asses
I went to the second night with the pups and it was a great show. Meat Puppets come off as more psychedelic live and sound tighter than they ever had before. SY played a raucous set with personal favs Antenna, anti-orgasm and walkin bue (more lee please). After hearing Massage the History live I know appreciate it more than I ever did on the record. The nods back to Evol were cool but as i look at the previous night's setlist with Cross the breeze, the sprawl and death valley 69! goddamn man i should have bought tix for both shows!

Are there any copies of either of the show from Boston floating around yet?
Ill meet ya on the next one
And dont be late "
-Jimi Hendrix

...And me just another dream theory, lost inside your eye

"when my mind's uncertain my body decides
what it will do to get through the hell of the night
as I trip on the ocean that leads through your eyes
well my eyes can't wait til they finally see through you"
dazedcola is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.08.2009, 02:40 PM   #67
oneofakind
empty page

oneofakind has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
quite possiby the best show of my entire life!!
oneofakind is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth