Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Girls Rock! DC
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

 
Thread Tools
Old 08.17.2009, 10:58 AM   #81
terriblecanyons
invito al cielo
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: the land where large fuzzy dice still hang proudly like testicles from rear-view mirrors
Posts: 5,956
terriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's asses
Probably, but just sing the word "anticipation" a few times and you get the picture.
terriblecanyons is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.17.2009, 11:13 AM   #82
notyourfiend
expwy. to yr skull
 
notyourfiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: baltimore, murderland by way of new york city
Posts: 1,459
notyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's asses
Just one more thing…

I’ve been seemingly “lurking” and taking a long time to respond to messages (that’s right, respond, i’m getting them in my inbox and then writing back) because I’m AT WORK.

I’m not really angry or defensive…nor am i acting that way....you all are putting me in that role. I simply asked a question and then stated an opinion that wasn’t being represented. Seems like everybody is just having a fun time berating me. And there is no one thing that I could probably say to end that…even temporarily leaving the thread to do a work-related assignment didn’t do the trick…I’m glad that I’m at least providing some people amusement? It's kinda banal to send somebody inbox messages and then post their replies so that people will laugh, but whatever, I expected nothing less from people on a forum.


If you don’t like Girls Rock camps, then don’t enroll yr children. If you don’t like feminism, then don’t pay attention. If riot grrrls annoy you, don’t listen to their music. I always assumed that those were relatively simple things to grasp….

I am a feminist for a whole bunch of reasons. I think of SY as being a feminist band. But that’s not why I listen to them. And if you don't agree, fine. I’m not here to lecture anybody. I haven’t been doing any femi-nazi lecturing. I stated an opinion about why I liked a silly lil show. And if that annoys you, then skip ahead to the next thread rather than attack the sender...or attack the sender, whatever, it doesn't matter, as you all said, it's a silly lil forum.

However, I'm ready for this to end.
__________________
 

notyourfiend is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.17.2009, 11:16 AM   #83
terriblecanyons
invito al cielo
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: the land where large fuzzy dice still hang proudly like testicles from rear-view mirrors
Posts: 5,956
terriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by terriblecanyons
Let me repost this again in case you didn't see it


1) chill the fuck out. INTERNET IS NOT SRS BSNS.

here, you seem to have a vision problem
terriblecanyons is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.17.2009, 11:31 AM   #84
infinitemusic
the destroyed room
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 577
infinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's asses
She does seem pretty chill honestly. I mean, she doesn't seem to be letting it go, but everyone jumped on her as a psycho radical feminazi lesbo dyke butch bulldyke dyke dyke and I didn't really get that vibe from her. I don't agree with a lot of radical feminism, but I think feminism is a good thing and furthermore, I think a lot of people attack self-professed feminists because they think it validates their own feminism, which is a sick side affect of republican's ability to turn a positive word into a negative.
infinitemusic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.17.2009, 11:32 AM   #85
terriblecanyons
invito al cielo
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: the land where large fuzzy dice still hang proudly like testicles from rear-view mirrors
Posts: 5,956
terriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's asses
It was all a joke. Hence my re-re-reposting of internet is not srs bsns.
terriblecanyons is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.17.2009, 12:08 PM   #86
Satan
invito al cielo
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: noo yawk
Posts: 6,336
Satan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's asses
1. yeah, it's all the republicans fault. just like everything else.

dumbass.

2. i am not a feminist. i call bullshit when i see it.

3. "she does seem pretty chill" .....lol
__________________
"I love meth." - batreleaser
Satan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.17.2009, 12:56 PM   #87
infinitemusic
the destroyed room
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 577
infinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satan
1. yeah, it's all the republicans fault. just like everything else.

dumbass.

2. i am not a feminist. i call bullshit when i see it.

3. "she does seem pretty chill" .....lol

1. Bitch, there's plenty to blame democrats for as well, but that's sure as fuck not one of the things.

2. are you talking to me with this? because I never fucking said I'm not a feminist

3. The least chill person in this discussion is you. You're being a typical hysterical woman. Can't fucking stop being emotional and menstruating everywhere.

This was actually a pretty intersting thread until you fucked it up by being retardedly over emotional
infinitemusic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.17.2009, 01:13 PM   #88
Satan
invito al cielo
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: noo yawk
Posts: 6,336
Satan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's asses
yeah i'm crying right now.



can you read? i said that i am not a feminist, therefore i am not trying to "validate my own feminism", fuckass



ps calm down
__________________
"I love meth." - batreleaser
Satan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.17.2009, 01:54 PM   #89
infinitemusic
the destroyed room
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 577
infinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's assesinfinitemusic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satan
yeah i'm crying right now.



can you read? i said that i am not a feminist, therefore i am not trying to "validate my own feminism", fuckass



ps calm down

I'm calm baby I'm calm. If anyone needs to calm down it's you.

You say you're not a feminist, but I know you are. The definition of feminism is that you believe in equal rights for men and women. Therefore if you believe that, you are a feminist whether you want to admit it or not. If you don't believe that, then get the fuck out. And yeah I can read, you just can't write.
infinitemusic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.17.2009, 02:33 PM   #90
Satan
invito al cielo
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: noo yawk
Posts: 6,336
Satan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's asses
ok here's something we can all agree on then: you're a cunt
__________________
"I love meth." - batreleaser
Satan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.17.2009, 02:40 PM   #91
!@#$%!
invito al cielo
 
!@#$%!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: mars
Posts: 34,450
!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitemusic
And yeah I can read, you just can't write.

oh, burnnnn!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satan
ok here's something we can all agree on then: you're a cunt

you'll still need this though

 
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.17.2009, 02:42 PM   #92
Satan
invito al cielo
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: noo yawk
Posts: 6,336
Satan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's asses
as if.


i got a foggy notion but no calamine lotion.
__________________
"I love meth." - batreleaser
Satan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.17.2009, 02:46 PM   #93
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull
 
GeneticKiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,631
GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
$0.01: Much like the way to truly equalize blacks and whites is to stop bellyaching about the past and not be so surprised when an African American actually accomplishes something, girls/women don't need the world watered down for them. Wow, a girl/woman playing guitar! Big whoop. She's a human being, all of whom are able to express themselves if they so desire.

$0.01: Western civilization is male-dominated only on the surface. Where do you think the expression,"Behind every successful man is a woman", came from? Many guys do the things they do because they want to impress the girls, even if it's on a subconcious level.
__________________
www.myspace.com/peroxidebase <--music
GeneticKiss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.17.2009, 02:48 PM   #94
Satan
invito al cielo
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: noo yawk
Posts: 6,336
Satan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneticKiss

$0.01: Western civilization is male-dominated only on the surface. Where do you think the expression,"Behind every successful man is a woman", came from? Many guys do the things they do because they want to impress the girls, even if it's on a subconcious level.

either that or we have to do it for you.
__________________
"I love meth." - batreleaser
Satan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.17.2009, 03:53 PM   #95
kierkegaarden
children of satan
 
kierkegaarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Upper Peninsula, Michigan
Posts: 259
kierkegaarden kicks all y'all's asseskierkegaarden kicks all y'all's asseskierkegaarden kicks all y'all's asseskierkegaarden kicks all y'all's asseskierkegaarden kicks all y'all's asseskierkegaarden kicks all y'all's asseskierkegaarden kicks all y'all's asseskierkegaarden kicks all y'all's asseskierkegaarden kicks all y'all's asseskierkegaarden kicks all y'all's asseskierkegaarden kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by notyourfiend
You don't have a right to tell me how valid my feminism is. Believe it or not, people are complex with lots of overlapping interests. I am a radical feminist, I also have a fascination with queer imagery. I'm also an avid Sonic Youth fan and collector and have been so for years.


Also, I rarely if ever play the "more feminist than thou card" but didn't you identify yrself as being a feminist earlier on this post? than why would you make such an idiotic and just outright mean response? is that really all you have to say? because, you know, i didn't say anything rude to you on this board (until now) in fact, all i did was ask a question.

you might wanna stuff yr ego down yr pants.

i don't have any "agenda" on this board. i joined because i fucking love sonic youth. because i listen to their albums every day, because i dream about them in my sleep, because meeting kim and thurston was the happiest moment i can recall in recent history.

i'm seriously shocked my how quick you all are to make rude judgments of other people. you'd think that people with similar music tastes might want to just come together to discuss, to share, to trade, not to beat on each other.

tl;dr

Read Judith Butler, feminist.
kierkegaarden is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.17.2009, 04:41 PM   #96
notyourfiend
expwy. to yr skull
 
notyourfiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: baltimore, murderland by way of new york city
Posts: 1,459
notyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneticKiss
$0.01: Much like the way to truly equalize blacks and whites is to stop bellyaching about the past and not be so surprised when an African American actually accomplishes something, girls/women don't need the world watered down for them. Wow, a girl/woman playing guitar! Big whoop. She's a human being, all of whom are able to express themselves if they so desire.

$0.01: Western civilization is male-dominated only on the surface. Where do you think the expression,"Behind every successful man is a woman", came from? Many guys do the things they do because they want to impress the girls, even if it's on a subconcious level.


I don't think that feminism has anything to do with bellyaching. Feminists sometimes refer to the past because it's so dangerous to forget completely. History repeats itself. It's all too easy to shove things aside and say that we are colorblind/gender-blind etc. However problems still occur. My friends are still rape victims. Domestic violence still kills. Women are being trafficked to work as sex slaves at astounding rates. etc. etc.

Early on this thread I referred to myself as being a radical feminist and that seemed to get everybody all heated up. Radical feminism is, to me, a personal and political philosophy in which I attempt to engage with the root causes of these situations. It's about a lot more than loving your body fat and masturbating with a daisy guitar and wearing pink barrettes. To me, radical feminism is about the why?

In my opinion, Girls Rock camp helps girls at a time where they are being bombarded with negative images. It provides them with a positive way to channel things. It helps them find their voice. Also, it provides access to instruments for those who might otherwise not be able to have it. It's important to remember that parents and girls enroll willingly into the program. Nobody is forced to do it!

People should be allowed to have their own definitions of feminism. It's dangerous when you try to create a singular one because everybody has their own experiences. Let people define and explore it for themselves, if that's what they want to do. So Satan, if you don't identify that way...fine. I don't agree with you, but you are also an adult (i'm assuming) capable of making your own decisions. Right?


I really hope that I don't get more shit for "lecturing" or not being "chill" etc. etc. I really don't appreciate that. And it doesn't reflect very well on this board, the offical sonic youth message boards. I've been reading a lot of other people's personal philosophies about everything on this board. And I don't see why my opinions have turned me into the board cunt over every other individual. So yeah, please don't post another "shut up" thing because i have a right to engage in a conversation. Plus, i think it's a pretty interesting one. Or at least it was before it became a giant shit fest.
__________________
 

notyourfiend is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.17.2009, 04:43 PM   #97
Satan
invito al cielo
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: noo yawk
Posts: 6,336
Satan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's asses
wow, you managed to hold out for 5hrs before you got sucked back in.


i'm so proud of you.
__________________
"I love meth." - batreleaser
Satan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.17.2009, 04:47 PM   #98
notyourfiend
expwy. to yr skull
 
notyourfiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: baltimore, murderland by way of new york city
Posts: 1,459
notyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satan
wow, you managed to hold out for 5hrs before you got sucked back in.


i'm so proud of you.


I have a job and did a presentation. Real world stuff. My life doesn't center around a message board forum. I don't understand why you or others have been getting a kick out of berating a stranger.
__________________
 

notyourfiend is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.17.2009, 04:47 PM   #99
chrome noise tape
the end of the ugly
 
chrome noise tape's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Making The Nature Scene
Posts: 933
chrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asses
this thread is going to be a "my fagina is better than your kenis soap-opera"
chrome noise tape is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.17.2009, 04:49 PM   #100
Satan
invito al cielo
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: noo yawk
Posts: 6,336
Satan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by notyourfiend
I have a job and did a presentation.
 



notice that it spiked right around 1990....
__________________
"I love meth." - batreleaser
Satan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|


Thread Tools

All content 2006 Sonic Youth