Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Seattle Link
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.01.2009, 04:30 AM   #1
Lamont Cranston
100%

Lamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's asses
So the Central Link opened in mid-July http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Link
anyone here got it? your thoughts? other peoples thought? I think I read something about Randroids trying to prevent its funding, something about some guy who is always putting forward anti-tax propositions around election time?
And how come Seattle doesn't have decent rail?
Old 08.01.2009, 12:35 PM   #2
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
lot's of places in america do not have decent rail.

do you have model trains? if there's anyone here that does, it's you. if so, please post pictures. they fascinate me.

when I was about 10, I was obsessed with making a swamp. everyone does fucking mountains.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.01.2009, 02:34 PM   #3
Lamont Cranston
100%

Lamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's asses
No model trains. Had lego trains when I was a kid :\
Why?
Old 08.01.2009, 03:58 PM   #4
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Seattle doesn't have light rail because they thought they'd be a small city without a lot of people forever when it would have been cost effective to put it in.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.02.2009, 12:54 AM   #5
Lamont Cranston
100%

Not one of you live in or around Seattle? Thats crazy.
Old 08.02.2009, 08:11 AM   #6
reginald
stalker

reginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's assesreginald kicks all y'all's asses
I hear there's lots of bicycle paths in Seattle. Usually lots of rain too though.

So....floatingslowly..if you like swamps you must've been a fan of Seattleslough back in his triple-crown racing days ! hahahaa...

reginald is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.02.2009, 12:22 PM   #7
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

hevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamont Cranston
And how come Seattle doesn't have decent rail?

One word. Republicans.
hevusa is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.02.2009, 12:28 PM   #8
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Not one of you live in or around Seattle? Thats crazy.

I lived in and immediately around Seattle for 23 years, then 10 years an hour away in Olympia, and still live in the NW. I wouldn't move back if I could avoid it under any circumstances. It was an amazing place to live in the '80s, acceptable in the early '90s, and has been overcrowded and overpriced for far too long since.
Old 08.02.2009, 12:39 PM   #9
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hevusa
One word. Republicans.

Not really. Two words actually, Republicans and Democrats.

The so called "liberals" have controlled the City Council in Seattle since at least the mid 1970s. Problem is, they are the ultimate "not in my backyard" back door conservative yuppies when things come down to practice. "Liberal" poster boy and former Democrat mayor Norm Rice penned the infamous "Teen Dance Ordinance" when he was on the City Council in the 1980s that effectively shut down All Ages shows in Seattle for decades. The so called lefties on the City Council also drafted the "No Sitting" on sidewalks ordinance and anti-flyering ordinance both of which the ACLU later helped get thrown out in court.

That same crowd has bantered around "light rail" for so long it's laughable, without ever doing a damn thing to make it happen. When the voters passed a referendum demanding they build a citywide monorail system and approved the taxes to make it happen, they managed to blow all of the money before a single thing was done and basically made the will of the people impossible. Again.

There are so few Republicans, especially with any power, in Seattle that you really can't blame them for anything aside from bad fashion sense. Even in King County (which means factoring in Bellevue and Kirkland and such) as a whole they are a vast minority.
Old 08.02.2009, 03:38 PM   #10
Lamont Cranston
100%

The Link when it is finished

Has the Central Link section and future developments - what do you think Dead-Air?

I also found yesterday there was a Waterfront Streetcar (operating Melbourne W-class trams) that had its first station and stabiling yard demolished in 2005 by 'liberals' - and I.T. executives - so they could build a...sculpture park. No stabiling yard means no streetcar, it hasn't run since 2005.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waterfront_Streetcar
time to post your rage face reaction images
Old 08.02.2009, 04:08 PM   #11
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Quote:

Has the Central Link section and future developments - what do you think Dead-Air?

I also found yesterday there was a Waterfront Streetcar (operating Melbourne W-class trams) that had its first station and stabiling yard demolished in 2005 by 'liberals' - and I.T. executives - so they could build a...sculpture park. No stabiling yard means no streetcar, it hasn't run since 2005.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waterfront_Streetcar
time to post your rage face reaction images

Well to answer your question, anything is better than nothing. Been too long since I tried to get anywhere in that city to tell you if it's a good route or not.

As for the Street Car thing, that makes me ill. The Street Car on the waterfront is another piece of my memory of the old city and it's character that those same elite idiots have now taken down. So consistent. No Waterfront Street Car, no citywide Monorail, blow up the King Dome and give every losing sports team their own gigantic arena (at massive tax payer expense) until they leave town. No wonder people like Steve Turner and Scott McCaughey have quietly moved down here. Portland is like Seattle back in the day, but better!

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth