Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page How do I become more confident?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old Yesterday, 01:47 AM   #1
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
---
Old Yesterday, 02:44 AM   #2
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Fuck, man, you're attractive!

I'm bald too and I'm self confident. It's all in your head.

You're 28 - the life is just beginning, man. I've had my best years from age 30 to maybe 35 ... so much good stuff happened it's crazy.
I advice you to seek professional help - therapist, maybe. These guys can help you boost your self confidence, if you're struggling.

But honestly, forget about your looks. You look too good to be bothering about that.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old Yesterday, 05:24 AM   #3
Bytor Peltor
invito al cielo

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Dude, I agree with Slavo......life is just beginning for you! I didn’t get married until I was 30 and 20 years of marriage has been fantastic!

I would like to recommend volunteering for your consideration, even if it’s for just a couple of hours per week/month......placing yourself outside your comfort zone can go a long way to boosting self morale.

All the best!

אש זרה

A Friend Of The Devil Is A Friend Of Mine
If I Get Home Before Daylight
I Just Might Get Some Sleep Tonight - GD

Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old Yesterday, 06:08 AM   #4
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Thanks guys, that means a lot to me.

Felt kinda weird posting all that so I deleted the post.

Thanks for the support.
Old Yesterday, 06:28 AM   #5
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
you didn't need to delete the post. It was very nice to see some honesty and fragililty in this cold blue place.

if you need a chat or something, just hit me up via PM. I'm here to help.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old Yesterday, 09:22 AM   #6
GravitySlips
children of satan

GravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's assesGravitySlips kicks all y'all's asses
What worked for me...

Join a gym, or exercise a lot. I don't have a clue what you look like or anything but it isn't really about looks. You just feel better and more confident when you're in good shape/fit - or at least, I do. However you look at the moment, you'll probably look better after exercise.

Henry Rollins had a decent piece about how weightlifting gave him confidence. I'm not talking about weightlifting as such, but lifting weights, exercising regularly and eating the right foods made a massive difference to my confidence and my outlook on things in general. I do believe the benefits of exercise are more than just physical -- I'm in a better place mentally too now.

Good luck, anyway!
GravitySlips is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old Yesterday, 09:28 AM   #7
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
From my experience it’s been a process of identifying what you like doing and getting good at that. At least professionally.

Personally it’s more difficult, but being honest with yourself and setting and meeting realistic goals helps. Also, I think in your thirties you start to care less about what people think of you. That helps a ton. Not that you suddenly get to piss people off, but you come to terms with the fact that not everyone likes everything or everybody, and you can only do your best.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old Yesterday, 10:00 AM   #8
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
was listening to jordan peterson the other day and he sez in our society it all boils down to competence, which raises your place in the social hierarchy, which raises your serotonin, which makes you feel better, etc.

im not a jordanian (lol) and dont agree with all his social/political extrapolations which are i think oversimplistic extrapolations, but his pyschology of the individual (he talks about “seeing clients”) seems spot on.

lemme find you a jootoob...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6c9Uu5eILZ8

much of it makes a lot of sense—put some order in your life, get a job, friends, etc.

if you got all that i missed your original post so i dont know exactly.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old Yesterday, 08:08 PM   #9
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
ps- felix means happy

felikdon = son of happy

SO

you used to work in movies! i remember.

you still do? how dat goes?
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old Today, 03:27 AM   #10
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Seeing a therapist had done me a lot of good., If you have a job that grinds you down throw caution to the wind and leave it, i have seen it work wonders for many people, myself included.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth