Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Despair by Omar Rodriguez-Lopez
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

 
Thread Tools
Old 02.15.2009, 12:37 AM   #1
Youth_Against_Facism
stalker
 
Youth_Against_Facism's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ocean Grove, Australia
Posts: 470
Youth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's assesYouth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's assesYouth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's assesYouth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's assesYouth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's assesYouth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's assesYouth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's assesYouth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's assesYouth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's assesYouth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's assesYouth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's asses
Anyone heard this album? If you have wtf seriously WTF!?! It's just noise. I've read somewhere it's meant to be played backwards, if this is true how? Inform me in one what you think.
__________________
god damn, shit the bed!
Youth_Against_Facism is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.15.2009, 12:40 AM   #2
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo
 
ZEROpumpkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sydney
Posts: 6,196
ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youth_Against_Facism
Inform me in one what you think.
...that Mars Volta suck and that OR-L is one of the most pretentious assholes in recent history.

But ATDI are great
__________________
ZEROpumpkins is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.15.2009, 12:42 AM   #3
Youth_Against_Facism
stalker
 
Youth_Against_Facism's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ocean Grove, Australia
Posts: 470
Youth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's assesYouth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's assesYouth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's assesYouth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's assesYouth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's assesYouth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's assesYouth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's assesYouth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's assesYouth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's assesYouth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's assesYouth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEROpumpkins
...that Mars Volta suck and that OR-L is one of the most pretentious assholes in recent history.

But ATDI are great

I have to neg rep you for that.





jk.
__________________
god damn, shit the bed!
Youth_Against_Facism is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.15.2009, 12:42 AM   #4
acousticrock87
invito al cielo
 
acousticrock87's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,543
acousticrock87 cold hard suckaacousticrock87 cold hard suckaacousticrock87 cold hard suckaacousticrock87 cold hard suckaacousticrock87 cold hard suckaacousticrock87 cold hard suckaacousticrock87 cold hard suckaacousticrock87 cold hard suckaacousticrock87 cold hard suckaacousticrock87 cold hard suckaacousticrock87 cold hard sucka
Didn't see that coming.

I haven't heard it but it sounds interesting.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.15.2009, 12:45 AM   #5
Youth_Against_Facism
stalker
 
Youth_Against_Facism's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ocean Grove, Australia
Posts: 470
Youth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's assesYouth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's assesYouth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's assesYouth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's assesYouth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's assesYouth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's assesYouth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's assesYouth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's assesYouth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's assesYouth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's assesYouth_Against_Facism kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by acousticrock87
Didn't see that coming.

I haven't heard it but it sounds interesting.

His other albums are good but this one is just one noise through the whole thing!
__________________
god damn, shit the bed!
Youth_Against_Facism is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.15.2009, 01:02 AM   #6
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo
 
Sonic Youth 37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Posts: 9,452
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
I haven't been able to track this one down thru stores or online yet. Minor Cuts and Scrapes...was just manipulated field recordings mostly...yeah, noise.
__________________
"One: Where's the fife? and Two: Gimme the fife."
Sonic Youth 37 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.15.2009, 01:23 AM   #7
pbradley
invito al cielo
 
pbradley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: SoKo
Posts: 10,751
pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
I'm sure this noise has been sufficiently pro-tool polished into pointlessness.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.15.2009, 03:58 AM   #8
SYRFox
invito al cielo
 
SYRFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Paris
Posts: 7,527
SYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's asses
Omar Rodriguez-Lopez certainly despairs me
SYRFox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.15.2009, 04:48 AM   #9
Kanamori Happy
little trouble girl
 
Kanamori Happy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Rotselaar, Belgium
Posts: 75
Kanamori Happy kicks all y'all's assesKanamori Happy kicks all y'all's assesKanamori Happy kicks all y'all's assesKanamori Happy kicks all y'all's assesKanamori Happy kicks all y'all's assesKanamori Happy kicks all y'all's assesKanamori Happy kicks all y'all's assesKanamori Happy kicks all y'all's assesKanamori Happy kicks all y'all's assesKanamori Happy kicks all y'all's assesKanamori Happy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEROpumpkins
But ATDI are great


If ATDI were ever great it must have been temporariliy. They were great on Jools tho. Granted, they're great for raising awareness about the Female homicides in Ciudad Juárez, Mexico.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_...ad_Ju%C3%A1rez
http://www.amnestyusa.org/document.p...0122006&lang=e

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08qk_pMJFak (One Armed Scissor live on Later with Jools Holland)

And The Mars Volta sounded amazing opening for RHCP in Antwerp Sports Palace in 2003.

my two of cents
__________________
mooi, mooier, moist
Kanamori Happy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.15.2009, 06:39 AM   #10
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo
 
ZEROpumpkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sydney
Posts: 6,196
ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanamori Happy

And The Mars Volta sounded amazing opening for RHCP in Antwerp Sports Palace in 2003.
I don't know If it's worse to be there for RCHP or Mars Volta
__________________
ZEROpumpkins is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.15.2009, 08:47 AM   #11
lechaoscestmoi
the destroyed room
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 592
lechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asses
i don't care for him anymore, but in/casino/out is still one of the best albums ever. seriously.
lechaoscestmoi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.15.2009, 11:55 AM   #12
WHOREOHSCOPE
children of satan
 
WHOREOHSCOPE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 297
WHOREOHSCOPE kicks all y'all's assesWHOREOHSCOPE kicks all y'all's assesWHOREOHSCOPE kicks all y'all's assesWHOREOHSCOPE kicks all y'all's assesWHOREOHSCOPE kicks all y'all's assesWHOREOHSCOPE kicks all y'all's assesWHOREOHSCOPE kicks all y'all's assesWHOREOHSCOPE kicks all y'all's assesWHOREOHSCOPE kicks all y'all's assesWHOREOHSCOPE kicks all y'all's assesWHOREOHSCOPE kicks all y'all's asses
All of the posters on this board whom assert themselves over anyone else's art or any other person are just lost, honestly.

Detach yourself from it, don't persistently act the way you do and maybe the other side of the fence would respect your opinion, which is never fact, simply what you can perceive as reality, for you and I are human.

The Mars Volta are certainly art, bad or good, who's to say? You deem yourself worthy? You're truly deluding reality, if so.

I've never listened to solo Omar, a friend of mine who's a large Volta fan doesn't enjoy those, and Omar openly states he expects no one to enjoy his solo albums.... I've no personal experience to give any of my own insight to particularly, and truly contribute to the topic intended by the thread creater YAF....

Sonic Youth's entire existence is valid. Music Theory gives us knowledge that its about the expression itself, so whether its ZeroPumpkins treating pretension which is a word I implore all of you to consider and get down to its roots. Pretension is in perception, a lot of pretension is truly miscommunicated ideas, or misinterpreted. How the hell is a band who acts like "assholes" in their format, pretension , that's an open challenge , and that is a valid way to make art. Sonic Youth, have done and do it. When I think of them as human beings, I just can't help but smile at how sweet they all are..... and how sweet even people my sub-conscious tells me I should despise are. The more I realize that, the greater my sub-conscious operates that way.

I hope AtSonicPark, posters along with him in the same boat so to speak(are you solely in a boat either? NO. I don't know you like that), just to generalize because I've very little time and in letting you know I am no longer generalizing.

Harkening back to my regular boardie, posting days, I know I was an asshole, half of it was how others perceived me, half of it myself. Ultimately people come here for a positive experience, and you can give it to them by being an asshole, but the way to win them over is through love. Some of you know and do this as well.

I hope I can somehow leave an imprint in how you analyze art, and I'm not saying I know any of you personally, you really don't know me either.

If I'm going to post here though, I want it to be of relevance and thats whu I've revisited though it should be awhile before I return, and hit back on anything. I might not ever read any of your responses, I can't say.

Covering vain ground to close out, I am not obsessed with the Mars Volta, however I do love them.... I also love music like Can, Thee Silver Mt Zion......, The Fall, Kayo Dot, Weezer, System of a Down, the band I've no need to mention, Tool, Television, Brian Eno, David Bowie, Stravinsky. And I feel as though all of this music is interconnected whether or not you want it to be.

Its hilarious that everyone hates Animal Collective as well, the most positive aspect of that band for me is their commentary on social life in america, and way in which we absorb art, treat eachother. How they've just done it naturally according to their life points is made laughable by the pretension accusations, what have you. I do agree bands should NOT price their tickets like that ever, but the only way to change that is not to hark on people who do but if you play music to continue to do what you do the way you go about it. I love Animal Collective and I completely agree on these price ticket discussions from one of those threads, thats bullshit, Fugazi started something in the mass communication of punk ethics, that simply cannot be dropped. They're not just punk rock, they're human and they enhance the art.

Take care, fuck Up, fall apart, and rebuild yourself.
Don't waste too much time on this message board, or do it because who is to say that you're wasting time? In my case, I grew less when I had. Personal perception.
WHOREOHSCOPE is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.15.2009, 10:38 PM   #13
batreleaser
invito al cielo
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 5,185
batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
that guy is such a twat
__________________
 


listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.15.2009, 11:26 PM   #14
deflinus
expwy. to yr skull
 
deflinus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: in the darkest part of your mind
Posts: 1,732
deflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's asses
how many times do i have to fucking say it? mars volta sucks and omar sucks. geez, people. take a fucking hint
deflinus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.16.2009, 12:07 AM   #15
uhler
invito al cielo
 
uhler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 3,635
uhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHOREOHSCOPE
All of the posters on this board whom assert themselves over anyone else's art or any other person are just lost, honestly.

Detach yourself from it, don't persistently act the way you do and maybe the other side of the fence would respect your opinion, which is never fact, simply what you can perceive as reality, for you and I are human.

The Mars Volta are certainly art, bad or good, who's to say? You deem yourself worthy? You're truly deluding reality, if so.

I've never listened to solo Omar, a friend of mine who's a large Volta fan doesn't enjoy those, and Omar openly states he expects no one to enjoy his solo albums.... I've no personal experience to give any of my own insight to particularly, and truly contribute to the topic intended by the thread creater YAF....

Sonic Youth's entire existence is valid. Music Theory gives us knowledge that its about the expression itself, so whether its ZeroPumpkins treating pretension which is a word I implore all of you to consider and get down to its roots. Pretension is in perception, a lot of pretension is truly miscommunicated ideas, or misinterpreted. How the hell is a band who acts like "assholes" in their format, pretension , that's an open challenge , and that is a valid way to make art. Sonic Youth, have done and do it. When I think of them as human beings, I just can't help but smile at how sweet they all are..... and how sweet even people my sub-conscious tells me I should despise are. The more I realize that, the greater my sub-conscious operates that way.

I hope AtSonicPark, posters along with him in the same boat so to speak(are you solely in a boat either? NO. I don't know you like that), just to generalize because I've very little time and in letting you know I am no longer generalizing.

Harkening back to my regular boardie, posting days, I know I was an asshole, half of it was how others perceived me, half of it myself. Ultimately people come here for a positive experience, and you can give it to them by being an asshole, but the way to win them over is through love. Some of you know and do this as well.

I hope I can somehow leave an imprint in how you analyze art, and I'm not saying I know any of you personally, you really don't know me either.

If I'm going to post here though, I want it to be of relevance and thats whu I've revisited though it should be awhile before I return, and hit back on anything. I might not ever read any of your responses, I can't say.

Covering vain ground to close out, I am not obsessed with the Mars Volta, however I do love them.... I also love music like Can, Thee Silver Mt Zion......, The Fall, Kayo Dot, Weezer, System of a Down, the band I've no need to mention, Tool, Television, Brian Eno, David Bowie, Stravinsky. And I feel as though all of this music is interconnected whether or not you want it to be.

Its hilarious that everyone hates Animal Collective as well, the most positive aspect of that band for me is their commentary on social life in america, and way in which we absorb art, treat eachother. How they've just done it naturally according to their life points is made laughable by the pretension accusations, what have you. I do agree bands should NOT price their tickets like that ever, but the only way to change that is not to hark on people who do but if you play music to continue to do what you do the way you go about it. I love Animal Collective and I completely agree on these price ticket discussions from one of those threads, thats bullshit, Fugazi started something in the mass communication of punk ethics, that simply cannot be dropped. They're not just punk rock, they're human and they enhance the art.

Take care, fuck Up, fall apart, and rebuild yourself.
Don't waste too much time on this message board, or do it because who is to say that you're wasting time? In my case, I grew less when I had. Personal perception.

i didn't understand anything you typed until i looked down and saw that you mentioned fugazi. then, out of the great blue sky with one cloud, i understood everything.
uhler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.16.2009, 02:02 AM   #16
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo
 
ZEROpumpkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sydney
Posts: 6,196
ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHOREOHSCOPE
All of the posters on this board whom assert themselves over anyone else's art or any other person are just lost, honestly.

Detach yourself from it, don't persistently act the way you do and maybe the other side of the fence would respect your opinion, which is never fact, simply what you can perceive as reality, for you and I are human.

The Mars Volta are certainly art, bad or good, who's to say? You deem yourself worthy? You're truly deluding reality, if so.

I've never listened to solo Omar, a friend of mine who's a large Volta fan doesn't enjoy those, and Omar openly states he expects no one to enjoy his solo albums.... I've no personal experience to give any of my own insight to particularly, and truly contribute to the topic intended by the thread creater YAF....

Sonic Youth's entire existence is valid. Music Theory gives us knowledge that its about the expression itself, so whether its ZeroPumpkins treating pretension which is a word I implore all of you to consider and get down to its roots. Pretension is in perception, a lot of pretension is truly miscommunicated ideas, or misinterpreted. How the hell is a band who acts like "assholes" in their format, pretension , that's an open challenge , and that is a valid way to make art. Sonic Youth, have done and do it. When I think of them as human beings, I just can't help but smile at how sweet they all are..... and how sweet even people my sub-conscious tells me I should despise are. The more I realize that, the greater my sub-conscious operates that way.

I hope AtSonicPark, posters along with him in the same boat so to speak(are you solely in a boat either? NO. I don't know you like that), just to generalize because I've very little time and in letting you know I am no longer generalizing.

Harkening back to my regular boardie, posting days, I know I was an asshole, half of it was how others perceived me, half of it myself. Ultimately people come here for a positive experience, and you can give it to them by being an asshole, but the way to win them over is through love. Some of you know and do this as well.

I hope I can somehow leave an imprint in how you analyze art, and I'm not saying I know any of you personally, you really don't know me either.

If I'm going to post here though, I want it to be of relevance and thats whu I've revisited though it should be awhile before I return, and hit back on anything. I might not ever read any of your responses, I can't say.

Covering vain ground to close out, I am not obsessed with the Mars Volta, however I do love them.... I also love music like Can, Thee Silver Mt Zion......, The Fall, Kayo Dot, Weezer, System of a Down, the band I've no need to mention, Tool, Television, Brian Eno, David Bowie, Stravinsky. And I feel as though all of this music is interconnected whether or not you want it to be.

Its hilarious that everyone hates Animal Collective as well, the most positive aspect of that band for me is their commentary on social life in america, and way in which we absorb art, treat eachother. How they've just done it naturally according to their life points is made laughable by the pretension accusations, what have you. I do agree bands should NOT price their tickets like that ever, but the only way to change that is not to hark on people who do but if you play music to continue to do what you do the way you go about it. I love Animal Collective and I completely agree on these price ticket discussions from one of those threads, thats bullshit, Fugazi started something in the mass communication of punk ethics, that simply cannot be dropped. They're not just punk rock, they're human and they enhance the art.

Take care, fuck Up, fall apart, and rebuild yourself.
Don't waste too much time on this message board, or do it because who is to say that you're wasting time? In my case, I grew less when I had. Personal perception.
Way too long, didn't read.
__________________
ZEROpumpkins is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.16.2009, 02:15 AM   #17
WHOREOHSCOPE
children of satan
 
WHOREOHSCOPE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 297
WHOREOHSCOPE kicks all y'all's assesWHOREOHSCOPE kicks all y'all's assesWHOREOHSCOPE kicks all y'all's assesWHOREOHSCOPE kicks all y'all's assesWHOREOHSCOPE kicks all y'all's assesWHOREOHSCOPE kicks all y'all's assesWHOREOHSCOPE kicks all y'all's assesWHOREOHSCOPE kicks all y'all's assesWHOREOHSCOPE kicks all y'all's assesWHOREOHSCOPE kicks all y'all's assesWHOREOHSCOPE kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhler
i didn't understand anything you typed until i looked down and saw that you mentioned fugazi. then, out of the great blue sky with one cloud, i understood everything.

The irony. The self-righteousness.

When I create my own art, it'll be valid.

The point is I've been a douche bag. But most of the people who delude themselves into believing whatever they do when they assert someone else's worthlessness, pretension , what have you on this message board... its damn amusing...

Simply. Those who have no patience to read me either have valid reason or are lost cunts, who I can't worry about with "preaching", which very much so anti my entire message. It was an impromptu log of sorts, and I don't care.

I did return, saw responses, nothing surprising. Sadly. Art is in a bad state when those who survey it are that which I have witnessed today, but to cite Thurston Moore....... you're not a duck... you're HUMAN! and so am I.

Goodbye SY Board, Goodbye dedicated lovelies and disillusioned old-me's. The world is a large grey area, not just this, communicating generalizations for perceptions sake.
WHOREOHSCOPE is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.16.2009, 02:25 AM   #18
WHOREOHSCOPE
children of satan
 
WHOREOHSCOPE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 297
WHOREOHSCOPE kicks all y'all's assesWHOREOHSCOPE kicks all y'all's assesWHOREOHSCOPE kicks all y'all's assesWHOREOHSCOPE kicks all y'all's assesWHOREOHSCOPE kicks all y'all's assesWHOREOHSCOPE kicks all y'all's assesWHOREOHSCOPE kicks all y'all's assesWHOREOHSCOPE kicks all y'all's assesWHOREOHSCOPE kicks all y'all's assesWHOREOHSCOPE kicks all y'all's assesWHOREOHSCOPE kicks all y'all's asses
Does anyone wonder why it is the band doesn't participate on this message board like the old one?

Can you say, ashamed ? I hope they're baffled, I know I'd be temporarily baffled by this message board if I were within their band and with the historical context that Sonic Youth has existed. They put out a message that echoes opposition to certain attitudes carried within the mass everyday SY boardie.

At the same time, the band are spiritually radical motherfuckers who can just live on, as well as express it through their own art..... and that's all I need to do.
WHOREOHSCOPE is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.16.2009, 02:38 AM   #19
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo
 
ZEROpumpkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sydney
Posts: 6,196
ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
I think suchfriendsaredangerous has a brother.
__________________
ZEROpumpkins is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.16.2009, 02:40 AM   #20
fugazifan
invito al cielo
 
fugazifan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,853
fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
i dont understand why people are dissing this album for being NOISE dont people here like noise? is it because its the guy from the mars volta? it just seems like a double standard
__________________
If there's been a way to build it,
There'll be a way to destroy it,
Things are not that out of control

www.myspace.com/dellilahtheband
www.myspace.com/lecirquedesvampiresmusic
fugazifan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|


Thread Tools

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth