Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page SXSW 2009 Performers
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.15.2009, 07:46 AM   #1
Bytor Peltor
invito al cielo

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
It's A Long List Of Performers:

http://www.austin360.com/music/conte...wbandlist.html

אש זרה

Robin Hood is more real than Jesus - Rob Instigator

Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.15.2009, 08:50 AM   #2
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
1153 bands there. The best band on that list that I've heard is probably Robedoor. Though looking at bands I've seen live before, Japanther is worth seeing for anyone going.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.15.2009, 05:16 PM   #3
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
i want to go but its $650. plus the $300 it would take me to fly into austin

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.15.2009, 05:45 PM   #4
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Turbo Fruits. Huh.

New album better be on the way.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.15.2009, 06:29 PM   #5
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by davenotdead
i want to go but its $650. plus the $300 it would take me to fly into austin

$650 for a music festival?

that's ridiculous, regardless of how many bands may be playing. aren't there any single show/day tickets at all?
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.15.2009, 07:11 PM   #6
viewtiful_alan
invito al cielo

viewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's asses
SHit.. I need to start saving for next year's..

viewtiful_alan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.15.2009, 07:12 PM   #7
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokkeherrie
$650 for a music festival?

that's ridiculous, regardless of how many bands may be playing. aren't there any single show/day tickets at all?

it doesn't look like it.

but i hear there are tons of free shows all over town since there are that many bands hanging out. probably only worth it if yr local tho

Old 01.15.2009, 07:47 PM   #8
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
The reason I asked is because I don't think I know anyone who would pay so much money for a music festival, but I also imagine SXSW must be well attended. Maybe that's just those free shows then.

The most expensive one I've been to was ATP and that was half the price and included accomodation, just 2 days less than SXSW.
Old 01.15.2009, 07:52 PM   #9
davenotdead
invito al cielo

and thats only for the music portion. i'm sure the film shows would be quite cool too. but a music+film pass is over $1k

Old 01.15.2009, 07:56 PM   #10
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

that's over $200 a day.

.... and you'd be spending a lot of time just getting in and out of all the different venues all over town.
Old 01.15.2009, 08:02 PM   #11
davenotdead
invito al cielo

tell me about it. i was seriously considering going to this. i saw the huge lineup and figured $200-250 for just the music, and I was going to consider that... but its just not doable at that price.

although, it was a steal at $550 if you purchase last september
http://sxsw.com/attend

Old 01.16.2009, 12:10 AM   #12
davenotdead
invito al cielo

ok i got the lowdown form some locals on another board:
the price to get into each show varies
you pay like $5-$15 bucks to get into shows if you dont have a pass.
and once you pay that price, you're able to get into that venue again for any other shows there.
the price to get into each show varies
i mean, thats what i did last year

there are a small number of shows that you can only get into with the badge, but these tend to be the bigger acts on the bill.

and to all the non-texans or those who haven't been to SXSW, it works like this: the shows are scattered around different venues in south austin/mostly downtown. when i got to meet and hang out with akron/family, they happened to be a playing a free show at a furniture store.

not every band does free shows at the festival. but judging by the bands that people are psyched about on here, i think you'd be able to get into any of those shows WITHOUT a badge. just my 2 cents.

Old 01.16.2009, 01:13 AM   #13
dntrecords
children of satan

dntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's asses
Not Not Fun showcase this year
dntrecords is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.16.2009, 02:38 AM   #14
davenotdead
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dntrecords
Not Not Fun showcase this year

one of the main reasons i would go... this is concerning, because its a "showcase", does that mean it will require the badge?

Old 01.16.2009, 03:09 AM   #15
dntrecords
children of satan

dntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's assesdntrecords kicks all y'all's asses
I'm not sure. because I don't know if it's an official SXSW showcase or not
dntrecords is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.16.2009, 03:20 AM   #16
hat and bread
children of satan

hat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asses
Badges are not necessary at all. Just about any show worth going to you can get in for a pretty normal entry fee ($10-15), including most label showcases. If you really must get into one of them fancy badge shows it's pretty easy to sneak in. Plus there are more free shows than you can imagine. I only ended up paying for two out of about ten shows the last time I was around for SXSW.

Cheers,
ex-Austinite
hat and bread is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.16.2009, 08:49 PM   #17
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

ah, thanks for clearing that up. it did seem hard to believe.
good news for the people who are thinking about going.
Old 01.17.2009, 03:24 AM   #18
davenotdead
invito al cielo

yes thanks for the knowledge.

Old 01.17.2009, 09:58 PM   #19
hat and bread
children of satan

hat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asses
For those of you thinking about going this is helpful: http://showlistaustin.com/

Lists only non-SXSW affiliated shows. Come March the list for the week of SXSW will be a mile long.
hat and bread is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.20.2009, 08:39 AM   #20
Bytor Peltor
invito al cielo

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
MARCH 15 - THURSTON MOORE GROOP
AUSTIN, TX GROUND CONTROL TOURING EVENT AT FRENCH LEGATION4:30PM

אש זרה

Robin Hood is more real than Jesus - Rob Instigator

Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content 2006 Sonic Youth