Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page top 5 "seminal bands" you despise
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.13.2008, 04:52 AM   #261
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Swearing is fucking great cunt especially if you cunt put really inappropriate cunt words in to make it ballsack seem asif you cuntballsack don't really know how to cunt write or swear cunt or even construct a willieface sentence, cunt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.13.2008, 04:53 AM   #262
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
All 3 of those bands have fucking awful vocalists.

Mark Prindle said this recently about Neutral Milk, it's pretty funny:

"A few years ago, I went to a local watering hole to view the remnants of top comedian Neil Hamburger live at one of The Onion Comedy Newspaper's fancy get-togethers. Also on the bill were Mr. Show's Paul F. Tompkins and some other entertainers whose names rang nothing to my aged ear. This being The Onion, I assumed that all the performers would be funny-focused, but suddenly as Mr. Tompkins cleared the stage, a young college boy climbed onstage with his acoustic guitar, parked in front of the mic, and sang shitty, heartfelt songs at the top of his lungs for the next half-hour. And I don't mean he screamed with rage or tore up his vocal chords with passion; he simply sang his dippy la-de-da shit songs as loud as he could get his la-de-da voice to go, as if unaware that the microphone provides an amplification service. I just stood in confusion wondering, "What on Earth would have given him the idea to sing in such an annoying way?"

Now I know. It was [In the Aeroplane over the Sea]."

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.13.2008, 04:53 AM   #263
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
i know, i know. it's a shock that most people don't want to act like you and "be into music" to me too.
Cantankerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.13.2008, 04:54 AM   #264
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
Fuck off.
Cok fuff.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.13.2008, 04:54 AM   #265
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous
neutral milk hotel are so annoying.

i know i'm not FUCKING saying anything FUCKING interesting, i'm just trying to FUCKING make whatever FUCKING point i have to FUCKING make, and i don't FUCKING care so please FUCK off.

How the fuck can you make a good fucking point if you choose every other letter in your posts to be an F a U a C and a K? Eh?
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.13.2008, 04:55 AM   #266
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
How do the fuck can you make a good fucking point if you choose every other letter in your posts to be a F a U a C and a K? Eh?
are you trying to modify my speech patterns and behaviour? i'll have none of that, thank you.

ps i never used the word "good" in that sentence between all the fucks ANYWHERE.
Old 06.13.2008, 04:56 AM   #267
sarramkrop

Quote:
i know, i know. it's a shock that most people don't want to act like you and "be into music" to me too.

I bet you didn't even finish to read his fucking post but you were gagging to make some negative comment about it. I just pwned the fuck out of you. haha.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.13.2008, 04:56 AM   #268
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Right, Glice, I am influenced by my surroundings and I can't really respond to things any other way since I haven't been everywhere in the world and individually interviewed every single person to find out if they know who the Pixies are. You make a good point...

However, even the non-rock-curious have seen Fight Club and have heard "Where is My Mind?" playing. To me, that means that, yes, TONS of people have heard the Pixies... I mean, not everyone knows A Flock of Seagulls, but we'd all agree that they were a pretty huge band, right? Everyone's heard "I Ran".

But as far as me in my home town, almost everyone I can think of actually owns or has downloaded Pixies CD's. I can't speak for the entire United States though... which I never intended to do. It just shocks me that there still exists towns where no one is into music at all, when my small NOTHING town seems to enjoy a wide variety of shit.

Ok, ultimately, I don't care, but from my perspective I cannot for the life of me ever remember hearing a note of a Flock of Seagulls. That's where I'm coming from. From the place where I might have heard of a band but that doesn't mean I can recall anything they've done. I'm glad you mentioned flock of seagulls because if you'd've said the Cure or something I wouldn't be able to say I hadn't heard of them.

People don't immediately know what they're hearing if they are exposed to it. I'm entirely certain lots of people would recognise Beethoven's Emperor Concerto, for instance, but very few outside of those into it would actually know it. I mention that because there's bits of that concerto that re-appear time and time again in backgrounds to things on telly and film, but even so I'd be surprised if more than one in ten could name it.

Quote:
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Old 06.13.2008, 04:57 AM   #269
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
I bet you didn't even finish to read his fucking post but you were gagging to make some negative comment about it. I just pwned the fuck out of you. haha.
yeah i did actually. but it just so happens that i think he's a cunt. and you're one as well if you're so inclined to know.
Old 06.13.2008, 04:57 AM   #270
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
When did I say I wanted people to act like me or be into music?

You have issues.

Old 06.13.2008, 04:58 AM   #271
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

i may have issues but you've got your head shoved very, very far up your anus.
Old 06.13.2008, 04:58 AM   #272
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Also, Glice, those are some good points, but you really don't know the song "I Ran"? "I RAN SO FAR AWAAAAAAAAAAAY."

Regarding my head: It is a very clear and level head, planted firmly on my shoulders. My fingers, however, go up my anus quite often.

Old 06.13.2008, 04:59 AM   #273
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

i will side with you that everyone should know that song, or probably would (unless they're under the age of 16 or so. either that or totally retarded)
Old 06.13.2008, 05:00 AM   #274
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Yeah.. I don't mean everyone knows who A Flock of Seagulls are but I figure almost everyone could name what that song is or sing some of it if they heard it... even younger kids nowadays have heard it thanks to it being in Grand Theft Auto games...

Old 06.13.2008, 05:01 AM   #275
sarramkrop

Quote:
yeah i did actually. but it just so happens that i think he's a cunt. and you're one as well if you're so inclined to know.

Tell me something new.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.13.2008, 05:01 AM   #276
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

.....also, it's a fucking excellent song.

Old 06.13.2008, 05:02 AM   #277
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Tell me something new.
i don't feel like it.
Old 06.13.2008, 05:02 AM   #278
sarramkrop

I don't like it.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.13.2008, 05:02 AM   #279
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

.....also, this board uses the words "cunt" and "Twat" a lot.

WHERE I'M FROM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, I never hear those words. Fuckin culture shock and shit.

Old 06.13.2008, 05:03 AM   #280
Glice
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Also, Glice, those are some good points, but you really don't know the song "I Ran"? "I RAN SO FAR AWAAAAAAAAAAAY."

Regarding my head: It is a very clear and level head, planted firmly on my shoulders. My fingers, however, go up my anus quite often.

Just youtubed it. I've honestly never heard it before. Sounds crap. Thanks for making me youtube a song that's crap.

Quote:
111213 14 15 >
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth