Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page "Trees Outside The Academy Tour" billyburg
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.25.2007, 12:40 AM   #41
triggercutter
empty page

triggercutter is a name known to alltriggercutter is a name known to alltriggercutter is a name known to alltriggercutter is a name known to alltriggercutter is a name known to alltriggercutter is a name known to all
i just got back from the maxwells concert, and it was mind blowing.
he played a lot of songs off of trees, and then played an encore of psychic hearts songs.
my memory is a little rusty, but i think he played ono soul, patti smith math scratch, and queen bee and her pals

Quote:
Originally Posted by top 40 squeeze
He'll probably play all the songs off the new record, but I wonder what other tunes they'll drag out... 40 minutes makes not too impressive of a live show...
I Wonder if he'll do some acoustic Empty Page, Disconnection notice, Rain on Tin (ala Alter Boy Church Basement), or the songs from Rather Ripped he played solo before the band dressed them up. Some Psychic Hearts too maybe, hopefully... or other random Sonic Youth songs (seems kind of unlikely for some reason.)

Anyway I just bought tickets for the show on the 26th. Can't wait, and thankfully its not too long.
triggercutter is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.25.2007, 01:29 AM   #42
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggercutter
i just got back from the maxwells concert, and it was mind blowing.
he played a lot of songs off of trees, and then played an encore of psychic hearts songs.
my memory is a little rusty, but i think he played ono soul, patti smith math scratch, and queen bee and her pals

This makes me all giddy inside with so many emotions.
SynthethicalY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.25.2007, 05:58 AM   #43
Ripchord
the destroyed room

Ripchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's assesRipchord kicks all y'all's asses
he played patti smith math scratch, queen bee and her pals, and psychic hearts and another one but i don't think it was ono soul.

Ripchord is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.25.2007, 06:01 AM   #44
triggercutter
empty page

triggercutter is a name known to alltriggercutter is a name known to alltriggercutter is a name known to alltriggercutter is a name known to alltriggercutter is a name known to alltriggercutter is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripchord
he played patti smith math scratch, queen bee and her pals, and psychic hearts and another one but i don't think it was ono soul.

woops... youre right about that one
triggercutter is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.26.2007, 01:23 AM   #45
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
October 28th @ Amoeba records store:
http://www.amoeba.com/live-shows/per...re/artist.html
Moshe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.26.2007, 11:57 PM   #46
silverfreepress (sdasher)
the destroyed room

silverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's asses
nyce show tonight

Thurston: "And I think some of you know Lucifer."

-in reference to Matt Heyner (bass playa)
silverfreepress (sdasher) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.27.2007, 12:32 AM   #47
Georgekrz
stalker

Georgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's asses
I think the set closed with Trees Outside the Academy. Other than that I dont remember. I just got the cd at this show. and the sampler. Also they were giving away free posters, looks like 8 by 14, one side is album cover art, back side is Thurstons letter about Suicide, NYC etc (which is also in the cd booklet)
http://bp3.blogger.com/_-Ji5_E3m9Ps/...h/IMG_1278.JPG
http://bp3.blogger.com/_-Ji5_E3m9Ps/...atic+Peach.jpg
http://bp3.blogger.com/_-Ji5_E3m9Ps/...each-+Back.jpg

Girl right in front of me told me she was shooting for spinner, so keep an eye out for photos/article there. Also I must say this was my 2nd gig at Music Hall and the sound by the stage is atrocious. Christina Carter had major problems with feedback / echo (sounded like she was singing into a tin can), granted it was better for thurston, but it was one of the worst mixed/sounding gigs Ive seen in a long time.

Ok listening to the album now, "Honest James" is the one where Christina Carter came out and sang on it. One of the better songs on the night. During Trees... some black kid jumped on stage and danced ecstatic for like 2 minutes? No one moved to get him off which I thought was very cool. And the crowd was VERY young. Also Thurston made a joke about some dudes screaming his name, "Sorry Guys, Im taken".
Georgekrz is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.27.2007, 12:41 AM   #48
silverfreepress (sdasher)
the destroyed room

silverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's assessilverfreepress (sdasher) kicks all y'all's asses
Frzn Gtr opened the set

Psychic Hearts was the Final song of the night

3 gtrs 3 pedals
silverfreepress (sdasher) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.03.2007, 11:25 AM   #49
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Forthcoming dates according to Chris Brokaw's website - includes many previously mentioned, but also some new ones (I think?)

oct 17 -- thurston moore band
new york, ny, at the apple store (soho)
(not mentioned on their website though, nor on SY's myspace)

oct 18 -- thurston moore band
philadelphia, pa, at the world cafe
(not mentioned on their website either, nor on SY's myspace)

oct 24 -- thurston moore band
seattle, wa, at neumo's

oct 25 -- thurston moore band
portland, or, at doug fir

oct 26 -- thurston moore band
arcata, ca, at humbolt state

oct 28 -- thurston moore band
san francisco, ca, at amoeba records

oct 29 -- thurston moore band
san francisco, ca, at the great american music hall

oct 30 -- thurston moore band
los angeles, ca, at echoplex

oct 31 -- thurston moore band
visalia, ca, at howie and sons

nov 1 -- thurston moore band
jimmy kimmel live tv show

www.chrisbrokaw.com
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.03.2007, 12:22 PM   #50
pantophobia
expwy. to yr skull

pantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's asses
whoa, that is the first anybody has mentioned of a tv appearance
pantophobia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.03.2007, 02:46 PM   #51
k-krack
invito al cielo

k-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's asses
I got it last night, (it was only released in Canada yesterday!!!) and had a helluva adventure getting it. If you don't feel like listening, skip this!

So, I totally didn't realized it was October 2... Trees day... until about 6:30, when my friend Adam (mushmanski) reminded me... SO I HAD TO FIND A WAY TO GET TO A RECORD STORE AND GET THAT SHIT, ASAP! My mom arrived home shortly after, but we didn't have the car, my dad and brother had 'em...
We bused it downtown to the mall, and my friend Paddy was working at Music World... I asked him, and he was "positive" they don't have it. He checked anyways, and a couple of minutes later, I was talking to another friend (so many friends mentioned... but this one was a girl I like a lot haha) and he came up and gave me the album, WOOO!!!
I hugged him, and got a couple of other cds, and went and hung out with the girl. I think my mom walked home (not far).

Shit! This is the wrong thread, I didn't realize! SORRY!

Danny is a C.H.U.D.
k-krack is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.08.2007, 10:07 AM   #52
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Just appeared out of nowhere:

19 Nov 2007 20:00
Thurston Solo Show (supporting Bright Eyes)
Radio City Music Hall, New York
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.08.2007, 10:18 AM   #53
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
Supporting Bright Eyes?????
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.08.2007, 10:30 AM   #54
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
no live recording on dime yet? let's hope.
greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content 2006 Sonic Youth