Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.09.2012, 09:19 PM   #1241
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipster_bebop_junkie
I expect Bayern München vs. Real Madrid to be epic.

YEEEESSS. and bayern-dortmund on wednesday is going to be specfuckingtacular!

demoño: if you're curious, you could catch that on "espn UK /HD," whatever the fuck that is.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.10.2012, 08:07 AM   #1242
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Looks like Balotelli is on his way out of Man City, but will Mancini follow him out the door? And how long will Liverpool persist with Dalglish? His 'legend' status at Anfield is surely in danger of being eroded due to some dreadful buys and his terrible handling of the Suarez affair, not to mention Liverpool's massive decline in the second half of the season. I can't think of anyone at Liverpool besides 'King Kenny' who'd still be in charge after such a season of controversy and collapse. Liverpool have always been a team I respected even if I never supported them, but since Dalglish took over I think that respect is starting to fade for a lot of people.

And symbols, yeah, I should really look into one of either the ESPN or Sky packages. ESPN seems especially appealing as they also show the most MLB baseball, which I've recently become quite addicted to.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.10.2012, 01:26 PM   #1243
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
mang however that "package" worx don't get into a contract that forces you to pay & pay. i get "free' espn3 with my internet and i might subscribe to foxsoccer2go (online) at the tune of only $20/month, turn on/off at will. but cable? fuck cable.

i mentioned the channel cuz i figured you could go to a bar that offers it-- which is what i'll don't get "goltv" (satellite only). but checking schedules, game is 40 minutes earlier than man city, so i doubt you'll be available ha ha.

mlb puts me to sleep! some day you'll have to explain to me what makes it entertaining for you. i know the rules and all, but i still find it ultra-dull to watch.
Old 04.10.2012, 02:35 PM   #1244
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i get "free' espn3 with my internet and i might subscribe to foxsoccer2go (online) at the tune of only $20/month, turn on/off at will. but cable? fuck cable.

i mentioned the channel cuz i figured you could go to a bar that offers it-- which is what i'll don't get "goltv" (satellite only). but checking schedules, game is 40 minutes earlier than man city, so i doubt you'll be available ha ha.

mlb puts me to sleep! some day you'll have to explain to me what makes it entertaining for you. i know the rules and all, but i still find it ultra-dull to watch.

It's a monthly package and we don't really get bars here showing anything but English football but there's plenty of ways of watching it illegally online. I just never seem to know how.

RE MLB, It took a while but I love it. Saying that, there aren't many sports I can't watch. Horse racing's about the only one I can't be arsed with. I'm in NYC at the beginning of May and I'll be going to see the Mets play the Diamondbacks. I'm used to watching baseball laying in bed with a cup of tea. It'll be interesting contrasting that with sitting in the cold night air eating hotdogs.
Old 04.10.2012, 10:32 PM   #1245
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

oh yeah, with baseball season just started you might enjoy the subscription.

about teh bundesliga there's only like 4 games left after tomorrow i think though. the german cup final is may 1st and it's bayern-dortmund again.

i already located my bar for this so looks like im gonna be having beer for lunch.

meanwhile, i hope this helps you w/ 'merican sports:

http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc...d_loc=Lond on

not sure what's what but eh.
Old 04.11.2012, 05:57 AM   #1246
demonrail666
invito al cielo

I'll be in NY on the 1st and will try to find a suitable bar to watch the German Cup final. Don't you follow any of the
Latin American leagues? There must be some great bars near you for that. And the food opportunities would likely be sublime even if the football isn't. And the hynas!!!
Old 04.11.2012, 03:53 PM   #1247
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

oh shit shit man, it was such a great game, but it was hard to see bayern lose. fuck! it was super fucking tight and then the goal and goal opportunities came in torrent. dortmund is fucking amazing though, credit given when it's due, they won fair and square. fucking bastards!
Old 04.11.2012, 04:12 PM   #1248
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
madness. maybe the league is up for grabs after all.

Hats off Wigan, we all love Roberto Martinez right?

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.11.2012, 04:28 PM   #1249
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Much love for Martinez. He almost makes me give a shit about Wigan. Fergie looks beyond livid.
Old 04.11.2012, 05:46 PM   #1250
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

you wanna see an asshole?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQmDEfueCy0

no, it's not a goatsee picture
Old 04.11.2012, 06:11 PM   #1251
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Much love for Martinez. He almost makes me give a shit about Wigan. Fergie looks beyond livid.

its weird how the wigan fans have stood by martinez, he will probably still be the manager next season too.

i love the colour fergie goes when they lose or a decision goes against them, its sort of red and flushed at the same time.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.11.2012, 06:43 PM   #1252
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon boy
its weird how the wigan fans have stood by martinez, he will probably still be the manager next season too.

i love the colour fergie goes when they lose or a decision goes against them, its sort of red and flushed at the same time.

Its the chairman who's stuck with him. Say what you like about Dave Whelan and his "DW Stadium" antics, he stuck with an admirable chap. I hope Wigan survive now

Old 04.12.2012, 06:16 AM   #1253
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:

Haha, he was obviously inspired by Martin Keown's treatment of Van Nistelrooy after his penalty miss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zst-u4hcmM0
Old 04.12.2012, 07:05 AM   #1254
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

Quote:

Arjen Robben is such a cunt, I love that man, whoever he is.

Old 04.12.2012, 11:20 AM   #1255
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by the ikara cult
Arjen Robben is such a cunt, I love that man, whoever he is.

wtf did he do to you? score against your team? he's really good!

"that man" you love (lol) is a serbian/american defender who plays for dortmund-- stupid fuckers @ american national team fucked w/ his head and now he plays for serbia. great player! fucking prick though. o well.

--

ps - here, moar luff fur joo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl-EqqYupYo
ha ha ha
Old 04.12.2012, 11:42 AM   #1256
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

Quote:
wtf did he do to you? score against your team? he's really good!

"that man" you love (lol) is a serbian/american defender who plays for dortmund-- stupid fuckers @ american national team fucked w/ his head and now he plays for serbia. great player! fucking prick though. o well.

--

ps - here, moar luff fur joo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl-EqqYupYo
ha ha ha

he's done nothing to me, he's just such a massive cunt!

Im really looking forward to Southampton Vs Reading tomorrow

Come on Heston!

Old 04.12.2012, 12:25 PM   #1257
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Haha @ Heston. I want Southampton to win that. They look less likely to drop points than Reading in the final games which gives West Ham a better (but still very slim) chance of automatic promotion. No way do I trust Allardyce's tactics if we have to go into the playoffs.
Old 04.12.2012, 01:11 PM   #1258
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

West Ham are apparently playing like an abomonation. I used to live in Reading and have a mate who's a season ticket holder so im hoping they go up. I reckon theyd go straight back down though as Madejski is desperate to sell up.

Old 04.12.2012, 01:36 PM   #1259
demonrail666
invito al cielo

We have been awful at home, though. We're very good away but for whatever reason can't buy a win at Upton Park. Worse than that, whether we go up or not, the board are saying they'll stick with Big Fat Sam.
Old 04.12.2012, 01:43 PM   #1260
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

Ive got a friend who's a season ticket holder at West Ham too and he isnt complaining, he doesnt care how you get back in the Premiership as long as you do it, but ive read/heard vastly different opinions online.

Theres this whole thing about "The West Ham way" and Robbie Savage (of all people) made a very salient point the other week - when was the last time they played "The West Ham way"?

53606162 63 64656673113163 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth