Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.20.2014, 02:49 PM   #4121
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Ah, OK. Cheers. They're both definitely press/neutrals' favourites so there's probably some truth to the claim but the question then is why they're so adored?

because they DO shit flowers!
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.20.2014, 02:57 PM   #4122
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I agree but the extent of their popularity seems rooted in something more than just footballing talent - which is obviously without question. Pirlo especially seems to represent a kind of ideal off the pitch as much as on it. In other words I have a bit of a man crush on him.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.21.2014, 02:28 AM   #4123
SonicBebs
expwy. to yr skull

SonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's asses
I think that's it.
They're fucking good at what they do and we all fancy them a little bit
SonicBebs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.21.2014, 02:29 AM   #4124
SonicBebs
expwy. to yr skull

SonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's asses
See also Thiery Henry
Old 04.21.2014, 08:27 AM   #4125
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
they're our modern day warrior heroes, like achilles or hector or odysseus or agamemnon. some are awesome, some are assholes, some are clever, they're all human, but of course we idealize them a little. we need them just like we need books or movies.
Old 04.21.2014, 10:36 AM   #4126
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Looks like Moyes has finally run out of time.

Still just a rumour but the papers seem pretty certain about it.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...chester-united

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...ly-owners.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...e-failure.html
Old 04.22.2014, 03:24 PM   #4127
Bytor Peltor
invito al cielo

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Things getting a little heated in the 75th minute between Alt Madrid and Chelsea.

I may or may not need Alt Madrid

אש זרה

And John Cage isn't a "mondern noise artist." - atsonicpark

Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.22.2014, 03:33 PM   #4128
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

shit, i just read some blog updates. i have no dog in this fight but it looks like a mess.

tomorrow, galácticos vs galácticos!

i'll have to find a sports bar or i'll kill myself
Old 04.23.2014, 12:35 AM   #4129
SonicBebs
expwy. to yr skull

I'm surprised and not surprised about moyes
Utd have been shit this year but I thought they'd give him at leadt a season and a half
especially after the start fergie had
Old 04.23.2014, 05:24 AM   #4130
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBebs
I'm surprised and not surprised about moyes
Utd have been shit this year but I thought they'd give him at leadt a season and a half
especially after the start fergie had

Yeah, surprised but not surprised, although I do think the board was right to act now rather than risk him with a £150m transfer budget in the summer. Man U's problems are bigger than just their manager but it did look increasingly like he was never gonna be the right man for them. Fingers should point at Fergie for choosing someone whose personality and tactical approach was so at odds with what the club were associated with. Nobody expected the transition to be easy but Moyes showed nothing to suggest he had what was needed to take them forward long term. It doesn't suddenly make Moyes a bad manager but this has highlighted his shortcomings - not helped by Martinez's excellent start at Everton - so it'll be interesting seeing where he goes from this. The vogue, even in the mid table, seems to be for young, tactically progressive and quite attack-minded managers. Whatever Moyes is, he's not that.
Old 04.23.2014, 05:42 AM   #4131
Bertrand
the end of the ugly

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
I'd have expected a sack after they were granted their 7th or 8th position, at the end of the season. A human factor.
Being given the Spanish archer right after losing to his former club must be really hard to swallow - such a bad timing...

Mourinho is fiddling with the idea of lining up a weakened team against Liverpool becuz nobody loves him.
Because his players wouldn't have enough time to recover from that game for their second leg against Madrid (but wasn't the Chelsea squad that parked the bus already a weak team yesterday?).

So... Mr Special One is so pissed at the idea that he's not won the PL that he's decided he'll be the one who chooses who wins it?
What an ego...

PS:
Damn, this is my 1000th post, he's even spoiled that too!
Bertrand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.23.2014, 06:15 AM   #4132
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertrand
Mourinho is fiddling with the idea of lining up a weakened team against Liverpool becuz nobody loves him.
Because his players wouldn't have enough time to recover from that game for their second leg against Madrid (but wasn't the Chelsea squad that parked the bus already a weak team yesterday?).

So... Mr Special One is so pissed at the idea that he's not won the PL that he's decided he'll be the one who chooses who wins it?
What an ego...

I don't have as big a problem with him fielding a weakened side as I do with his predictably provocative need to tell us he's gonna do it in advance. He wants to discredit a title he won't win. I don't even see him as a pantomime villain anymore. He's just a nasty bastard who can't handle defeat. Although at least he makes it even easier to dislike Chelsea again.
Old 04.23.2014, 07:07 AM   #4133
SonicBebs
expwy. to yr skull

His comments on Saturday about the refs this season show a lack of class too. He used to be pretty classy. Now he comes across like a sulky teenager
Old 04.23.2014, 07:21 AM   #4134
Bertrand
the end of the ugly

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
Former sulky forward Berbatov's latest goal : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8Xr2TFkEik
No brooding, but a bright smile after a lovely lob.
Bertrand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.23.2014, 07:29 AM   #4135
Cunt
bad moon rising

Cunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's asses
What Mourinho does is fantastic.

Chelsea lost to Sunderland the other day. Mind you, there were players on the pitch.
Is anyone questioning the players' performance? No, they’re [press] talking about Mourinho, because he makes the bullets fly in one direction.

And that’s how you get a grown man like Materazzi to cry like a baby.
Cunt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.23.2014, 07:52 AM   #4136
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunt

or like this!

Old 04.23.2014, 08:04 AM   #4137
Cunt
bad moon rising

Cunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's asses
^haha, yes.

re moyes:
@piersmorgan
Sir Alex recommended Moyes over Mourinho because he feared the latter would eclipse his memory too fast. Harsh, selfish, reality.

I hate Piers but it's an interesting thought.
Cunt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.23.2014, 01:18 PM   #4138
demonrail666
invito al cielo

I'm just praying to the god of a parallel universe that Moyes' replacement is Sven. It'll never happen but pure entertainment. You know he's applying.
Old 04.23.2014, 01:40 PM   #4139
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunt
What Mourinho does is fantastic.

Chelsea lost to Sunderland the other day. Mind you, there were players on the pitch.
Is anyone questioning the players' performance? No, they’re [press] talking about Mourinho, because he makes the bullets fly in one direction.

I used to enjoy disliking Mourinho. He's not fun anymore. There's a nastiness to him now. I'm starting to understand now why he's so despised in Spain. He's gone from a manager I loved to hate to one I'm now starting just to hate.
Old 04.23.2014, 02:40 PM   #4140
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Really frustrated with Bayern right now!
157197204205206 207 208209210217257307 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth