Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.16.2013, 04:29 PM   #2361
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
It'll be interesting seeing what he does in the transfer window. Not just players coming in. El Symbols knows most about Bayern's individual players and how they're set up but Pep's bound to sacrifice at least one big name as he tries to stamp his identity on the club. I think Robben might go. He's the one midfielder there that I really can't see fitting into a stereotypical Guardiola set up.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.16.2013, 06:35 PM   #2362
TheMadcapLaughs
100%

TheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
It'll be interesting seeing what he does in the transfer window. Not just players coming in. El Symbols knows most about Bayern's individual players and how they're set up but Pep's bound to sacrifice at least one big name as he tries to stamp his identity on the club. I think Robben might go. He's the one midfielder there that I really can't see fitting into a stereotypical Guardiola set up.

good call. i wonder if he'll try to lure away any of his old players

TheMadcapLaughs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.16.2013, 08:55 PM   #2363
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Something that's interesting about that, I think, is that if you look at both teams over the last coupje of seasons, I'm not convinced Barcelona have necessarily been better than Bayern and where I think we've already seen the best of this Barcelona team, I still think Bayern can get better. And we shouldn't forget that under Heynckes last season they finished ahead of Pep's Barcelona in the CL. And Barcelona never even won La Liga that season. On paper, based on recent form, anyway, this is a bit of a step backwards for Bayern.
Old 01.16.2013, 11:09 PM   #2364
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
I AM FUCKING PISSED OFF

fucking comcast (cable co.) dropped goltv (channel) which carries the bundesliga

so that it could show the channel that carries la liga matches

FUCK THEM

i was looking forward to the restart of the matches this saturday
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.17.2013, 06:51 AM   #2365
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Major bummer. Although in the UK we have to make do with a weekly highlights show (and wading through the online press). There's still a stigma towards the Bundesliga here, and German football in general. At least Pep now going there will now hopefully challenge that. It shouldn't take that for it to start to be taken seriously but that's England, I suppose.
Old 01.17.2013, 02:36 PM   #2366
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21064709

Sigh. Obviously it would be below him to actually apologise for it.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.17.2013, 04:38 PM   #2367
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
I fecking love Suarez. Who else would have the nerve to actually admit to being a cheat? He's actually right about the English press as well. Gerrard and Michael Owen dived (in the game that launched him to stardom no less) and the press never gives them shit.

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.17.2013, 05:01 PM   #2368
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by the ikara cult
I fecking love Suarez. Who else would have the nerve to actually admit to being a cheat? He's actually right about the English press as well. Gerrard and Michael Owen (in the game that launched him to stardom no less) and the press never gives them shit.

This
Old 01.17.2013, 06:52 PM   #2369
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I fecking love Suarez. Who else would have the nerve to actually admit to being a cheat? He's actually right about the English press as well. Gerrard and Michael Owen dived (in the game that launched him to stardom no less) and the press never gives them shit.

Cos I'm biased Phil Neville did after his HORRENDOUS dive against Liverpool.

Old 01.17.2013, 07:09 PM   #2370
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Cos I'm biased Phil Neville did after his HORRENDOUS dive against Liverpool.

Fair enough. And did his manager come out against him afterwards? No. Cos Phil Neville may be a little rat faced boy. But at least he's English right? Apart from The Guardian and some people in The Telegraph the UK football press is useless.

Old 01.17.2013, 08:46 PM   #2371
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Major bummer.

well i cancelled my cable which is saving me some 50 bucks a months in various fees, so at least that's one good consequence of this shituation.

only problem is where to catch the games this weekend. OH FUCK. will i have to turn to piracy and shitty video streams narrated in german, interrupted at random times by commercials? fuck my life! (first world problems-- yeah)

luckily the fox website streams all the champions league matches so maybe we'll see a german team ride to victory-- w00t! (though i fear juventus & man u)

Quote:
Although in the UK we have to make do with a weekly highlights show (and wading through the online press).

yeah but you have your love of west ham to keep you entertained

Quote:
There's still a stigma towards the Bundesliga here, and German football in general. At least Pep now going there will now hopefully challenge that. It shouldn't take that for it to start to be taken seriously but that's England, I suppose.

funny thing though, bayern beat pep's ex-team in the CL last year, ha ha ha.

--

ANYWAY, SUAREZ:

it seems to me that he wasn't scolded so much for actually diving than from admitting to his hilarious crimes in a public forum. hilarious crimes which indeed ruin the game, but are nevertheless hilarious. as are his big rabbit teeth. but yea-- scolded from breaking the code of omerta, not for cheating
Old 01.18.2013, 03:21 AM   #2372
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Quote:
Fair enough. And did his manager come out against him afterwards? No. Cos Phil Neville may be a little rat faced boy. But at least he's English right? Apart from The Guardian and some people in The Telegraph the UK football press is useless.

Um yes he did. He stated how he gave him a massive bollocking about it at halftime and was embarrased by it. And again, yes he did get slated by the press by it.

Old 01.18.2013, 02:59 PM   #2373
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Um yes he did. He stated how he gave him a massive bollocking about it at halftime and was embarrased by it. And again, yes he did get slated by the press by it.

Hmm. Fair enough, maybe im just too cynical.

Anyway, people seem to think Spurs will beat Man U this weekend. But these people are wrong, because we will lose. Heavily.

Old 01.18.2013, 03:34 PM   #2374
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Chelsea are apparently due for another snub, this time by Klopp, if they try to get him. Abramovich is now supposed to be looking at Moyes as one of his 'plan B' options. I'd be seriously surprised (and disappointed) if he ends up going there. Chelsea really could be in the shit, especially as Real are also rumoured to be looking at Benitez if, as expected, Mourinho leaves at the end of the season.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...-a-plan-B.html

At this rate, there may be just one man left in the frame ...

Old 01.19.2013, 11:46 AM   #2375
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

hA! watched the bayern game in a german-language stream (looked better than the cable transmission actually). i don't understand a word of german but i kept hearing "GARdiola... GARdiola... GARdiola..."
it was a dull match against a shit team but still nice to see robben return from injury.

next, dortmund-bremen... i hear klopp said/will say no to the oligarch? if true, thank fuck for that!

---

ps-- hey, look! chelsea-man city battle it out in the seas!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-St-Barts.html

o, wait. wrong petrodollar prince...
Old 01.19.2013, 02:40 PM   #2376
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

Quote:
Chelsea are apparently due for another snub, this time by Klopp, if they try to get him. Abramovich is now supposed to be looking at Moyes as one of his 'plan B' options. I'd be seriously surprised (and disappointed) if he ends up going there. Chelsea really could be in the shit, especially as Real are also rumoured to be looking at Benitez if, as expected, Mourinho leaves at the end of the season.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...-a-plan-B.html

At this rate, there may be just one man left in the frame ...

If Sven showed up at Chelsea i would wet myself with happiness.

Old 01.19.2013, 05:26 PM   #2377
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
If Sven showed up at Chelsea i would wet myself with happiness.

Haha, totally. Abramovich should admit defeat and appoint himself as the next manager. Then he can sack himself mid season.
Old 01.20.2013, 07:14 AM   #2378
Diesel
the destroyed room

Diesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's asses
Why do the commentators on the Bundesliga highlights show always spoil it by revealing there will be a goal before it is actually scored? Pricks.
Diesel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.20.2013, 10:30 AM   #2379
demonrail666
invito al cielo

It drives me mad when they do that on the Championship highlights show. Although, speaking of pricks, Steve Claridge manages to make that show unwatchable anyway. We live in times of shit punditry.
Old 01.22.2013, 03:15 PM   #2380
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

Villa 1 -0 Bradford City

It looks like theyre gonna wipe the floor with them. I hope they win the cup, i like Lambert and imagine if Stilyan Petrov joined them at Wembley to lift the cup? That'd be REAL pathos and emotion in sport, unlike some people

69109116117118 119 120121122129169219619 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth