Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page The Jesus Lizard
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.03.2011, 05:37 PM   #1
foreverasskiss
invito al cielo

foreverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's asses
are fucking legends

agree?

and don't forget about the fifth member: Mr. Steve Albini.
foreverasskiss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.03.2011, 05:39 PM   #2
foreverasskiss
invito al cielo

foreverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's asses
Ok, I'll start>

"Down" is my favorite
Old 11.03.2011, 05:47 PM   #3
Decayed Rhapsody
the destroyed room

Decayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's asses
The Lizard did stuff without Albini too, yanno. Hard to choose a favorite album, but Liar and Down are up there.

Duane Denison changed my attitude toward guitar playing. When I saw them in '09 they were so fucking TIGHT. Tighter than what I'd seen of them in their 'heyday' via youtube. Probably one of the best shows I've ever been to.
Decayed Rhapsody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.03.2011, 05:53 PM   #4
foreverasskiss
invito al cielo

[quote=Decayed Rhapsody]The Lizard did stuff without Albini too, yanno. Hard to choose a favorite album, but Liar and Down are up there.

yeah, but i thought they kinda sucked, and nobody could 'record' them like Steve Albini.

Yes, and Duane is very awesome.
Old 11.03.2011, 06:00 PM   #5
foreverasskiss
invito al cielo

Came home from work the other day and went through a lot of records to listen to, but nothing satisfied me like the Lizard.

Totally psycho and tight at the same time. David Yow is a big Gang of Four fan.

Yes, and "Liar" is too good. Makes me want to bust a nut.
Old 11.03.2011, 06:17 PM   #6
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

E. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's asses
Classic. Not one of my personal faves anymore, but definitely one of the first in that genre that I was exposed to.
E. Noisefield is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.03.2011, 06:21 PM   #7
foreverasskiss
invito al cielo

I don't know, they're just one of those bands that get me amped. Like a drunken redneck at a strip club.

and one of the best drummers of all time.

"well fuck this rain"
Old 11.03.2011, 06:53 PM   #8
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

E. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverasskiss
I don't know, they're just one of those bands that get me amped. Like a drunken redneck at a strip club.

and one of the best drummers of all time.

"well fuck this rain"

Yeah, they're an old school pump my shit-up kind of band.
Old 11.03.2011, 07:07 PM   #9
foreverasskiss
invito al cielo

OLD SCHOOL PUMPED UP? Like Public Enemy, right? Because I still like them. I'm an old school punk,
The only SWAG I have is in my DICK. The same amount that's in Mick Jagger's fourhead.
Old 11.03.2011, 07:13 PM   #10
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah I love this band and this is one of my fav songs by them
stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.03.2011, 07:39 PM   #11
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

Quote:
OLD SCHOOL PUMPED UP? Like Public Enemy, right? Because I still like them. I'm an old school punk,
The only SWAG I have is in my DICK. The same amount that's in Mick Jagger's fourhead.

It was a tongue in cheek comment. I don't really talk like that... but everyone else does. I don't necessarily think it warrants such animosity, especially because I was agreeing with you.
Old 11.03.2011, 07:40 PM   #12
foreverasskiss
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Noisefield
It was a tongue in cheek comment. I don't really talk like that... but everyone else does. I don't necessarily think it warrants such animosity, especially because I was agreeing with you.

OH, that's cool. No animosity. Not a whole lot of music amps me up anymore.
Old 11.03.2011, 07:41 PM   #13
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

I guess what I should have said is:

"In the past, when I was younger, I found their music pleasing and exciting"

Would I have escaped the barrage of sarcasm and CAPITAL LETTERS then?
Old 11.03.2011, 07:42 PM   #14
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

Just kidding.

What's everyone's favorite JL album?
Old 11.03.2011, 07:43 PM   #15
foreverasskiss
invito al cielo

Quote:
I guess what I should have said is:

"In the past, when I was younger, I found their music pleasing and exciting"

Would I have escaped the barrage of sarcasm and CAPITAL LETTERS then?

Well, I ran out of things to listen to a long time ago.
Old 11.03.2011, 07:49 PM   #16
foreverasskiss
invito al cielo

Quote:
Just kidding.

What's everyone's favorite JL album?

Mick Jagger and Lil B buttfucking would create a tsunami so big it would crush America and invent true SWAG.
Old 11.03.2011, 07:53 PM   #17
foreverasskiss
invito al cielo

Or true Bling Bling

Or what ever suits that tingling in your dick.
Old 11.03.2011, 08:10 PM   #18
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

Quote:
Mick Jagger and Lil B buttfucking would create a tsunami so big it would crush America and invent true SWAG.

I don't know who Lil B is, and I don't know what swag is (in this context), but this is still entertaining.
Old 11.03.2011, 08:14 PM   #19
foreverasskiss
invito al cielo

Quote:
I don't know who Lil B is, and I don't know what swag is (in this context), but this is still entertaining.

Lil B is just a saying, and SWAG is a rapper who's no good. It's the new pitchfork hipster lil b. Check out SWAG, he'll change your life. Like TU FUCK.

Mr. SWAG has an album called I"m Gay. It's very Lil B. As the kids would say.

REALLY????

i still stand by this.
Old 11.03.2011, 08:25 PM   #20
foreverasskiss
invito al cielo

Nah, in all honesty, LIL B is cool, but don't dare talk about their precious ODD FUTURE, or they'll kick you off the board.

All content 2006 Sonic Youth