Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page the thematic meaning of sonic nurse
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.25.2007, 01:46 PM   #41
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
oh no hayden you speak the truth!! even though it's negative!! prepare to be flamed!!!!!!!!

They can do whatever they want. I'm still right.
Old 07.25.2007, 04:01 PM   #42
Disgruntled Youth
the end of the ugly

Disgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's asses
To be honest SY is going to put out what ever they want alot of the people hear didn't like Sonic Nurse or Rather Ripped but I like both of these albums what would it be if all SY albums sounded the same? I like RR more than SN because it flows better & some of the tracks are a little more easy to listen to. In my honest opinion I think I like these albums more than Dirty & possibly even Goo.

"Drink Guinness & live,
Hate Guinness & die"
Lee "Scratch" Perry
Disgruntled Youth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.26.2007, 09:11 AM   #43
Armenia
empty page

Armenia is a splendid one to beholdArmenia is a splendid one to beholdArmenia is a splendid one to beholdArmenia is a splendid one to beholdArmenia is a splendid one to beholdArmenia is a splendid one to beholdArmenia is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by diane durden
Hey Armenia- I felt compelled to answer albeit incompletely. I love the music of Sonic Nurse. It's smooth, trancelike, cool guitars and love the drumming/stick playing. Kim's vocals really take you in. What does a nurse do? They care for you when you are vulnerable, sometimes control and have power/authority over you. That says a bit. I'm not sure I understand if you just don't like the music or don't like the concept of the album. Pattern Recognition is an incredible song. Anyway I'll think about it more. Diane

I don't like the music really much, because I don't know enough about the concept and just because I don't like it very much.

Usually, I can imagine an overall picture of the theme of an album by putting the album title and the lyrics of the songs together. But linking this nurse theme with the song's lyrics didn't bring any logical thoughts to me.
Only Dude Ranch Nurse seems to be the obvious link.
Anyway, I guess not everything has a connection within this album.
And I don't know if that's a shame or not.
Probably not, it makes this album interesting in a way, but I still like other albums better for this particular reason.

So don't get me wrong, I do like this album.
But I think I prefer sy's older directions better artistically than their directions around the time that sonic nurse appeared.
Armenia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.26.2007, 09:14 AM   #44
Armenia
empty page

Armenia is a splendid one to beholdArmenia is a splendid one to beholdArmenia is a splendid one to beholdArmenia is a splendid one to beholdArmenia is a splendid one to beholdArmenia is a splendid one to beholdArmenia is a splendid one to behold
Oh, and I do agree that Pattern Recognition is an amazing song.
You gotta love the William Gibson inspired songs aye.
Armenia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2007, 09:37 PM   #45
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
From the Destroyed Room liner notes:

"... the culmination of our wanting to blur the lines between composition and improvisation, which would become much more of a hybrid activity later, particularly on Sonic Nurse...."

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2007, 10:12 PM   #46
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

terminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's asses
whats with some of the juvenile i like your old stuff better than your new stuff shit as if they sold out and it isn't cool to like the new records
terminal pharmacy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2007, 11:17 PM   #47
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by terminal pharmacy
whats with some of the juvenile i like your old stuff better than your new stuff shit as if they sold out and it isn't cool to like the new records

amen.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth