Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Mix Tapes Round 10
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.04.2007, 04:57 PM   #161
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Himself

I have trouble looking at such images. What are those lumpy red things? Blood and guts? It doesn't bear thinking about..

That's a good photo. A bit disturbing, but good.

Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/outsidethecamp/
Hip Priest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.04.2007, 05:15 PM   #162
Пятхъдесят Шест
invito al cielo

Пятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's asses
All of Pauly's tapes feature this crash and burn artwork. I like them too.
Пятхъдесят Шест is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.04.2007, 05:20 PM   #163
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
It was a good idea, in light of his interest in motorsports, but I just find such imagery hard to deal with.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.05.2007, 10:28 AM   #164
Bytor Peltor
invito al cielo

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Las Americas Unidas Para La Victoria Y El Progreso Humano - it just arrived yesterday. A full review after I give it a few listens

אש זרה

Robin Hood is more real than Jesus - Rob Instigator

Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.05.2007, 02:20 PM   #165
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
I'm listening to Pauly's tape right now! I love this first track- 'This Used To Be The Future', if I've read correctly. It doesn't sound like LCD Soundsystem, thats for sure..

EXCELENTÉ SO FAR!
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.05.2007, 05:45 PM   #166
Пятхъдесят Шест
invito al cielo

Пятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's asses
Bytor that would be my tape, if the 'hecho en Nebraska' wasn't a red flag for you. It's entirely in Spanish. Hope you like it.
Old 09.05.2007, 07:29 PM   #167
Bytor Peltor
invito al cielo

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
So far, I'm six or seven tracks in to Side A - great stuff so far!

אש זרה

Old 09.05.2007, 07:39 PM   #168
Пятхъдесят Шест
invito al cielo

Yes, I was happy with the way it came out. And it got the approval of two Spanish speakers. The only complaint was that it wasn't Mexican enough. They were missing the point.
Old 12.06.2007, 11:35 AM   #169
Bytor Peltor
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
Las Americas Unidas Para La Victoria Y El Progreso Humano - it just arrived yesterday. A full review after I give it a few listens

As you can see, I'm dreadfully late on posting this review. This is due to a few reasons. FIRST - the tape is all Spanish. I have received hundreds of mix tapes over the years and not once have I received a tape quite like this. This by far has to be one of the top tapes ever exchanged since Mix Tape Swap began. SECOND - I was suffering great ear pain and hearing loss due to a inner / outer ear infection. A Mix Tape Creation of this nature needs full listening attention and I was unable to do so for several weeks. THIRD - my inner / outer ear infection revealed another health problem which led to waaaay toooo much lab work and testing. Thankfully everything is NORMAL, but it was somewhat of a health scare and reviewing a mix tape just wasn't all that high on my list of things to do.

Growing up as a kid, the majority of Spanish / Mexican music experience was hearing a few songs played when going out for Mexican Food eats with the family. Back then, all of the songs played at the restaurant sounded pretty much the same......and they sounded as if they could have been recorded in the 40's. My other Spanish / Mexican music experience was summer trips to San Antonio where the mariachi bands perform on the River Walk. They may have been singing the same songs, but at least the mariachi bands made them sound "crisp" and personal.

Back when I was in Jr. High, my family and my friends family would always go out to eat lunch at this Mexican food restraint after church on Sundays. We often discussed / wondered if there were any Spanish / Mexican music groups who sounded like Rush, Deep Purple or anything jazz. Back then we knew that there probably had to be someone growing up in Mexico who enjoyed that sort of music and was trying to form a band and do so. Well......there isn't anything on here that sounds like Rush, but you can hear influences from Deep Purple to My Bloody Valentine on this tape. Some are very subtle and there is a very good chance some of these groups have never heard the groups I've mentioned, but this is what some of the songs sound like. My two favorites are on Side UNO: 04. cover of "The House Of The Rising Sun" and 11. "To Rob Is Natural."

All and all, this tape is a wonderful experience. From the handmade cover to the tracks selected......Пятхъдесят Шест put in a great deal of work and it's much appreciated by this listener.

UNO

01. Alejandra Y Aeron - Murga Del Sorteo (Alejandra and Aeron - Murga Of Sorteo)
02. Jaun Pablo Torres Y Algo Neuvo - Son A Propulsion (Jaun Pablo Torres and Something Neuvo - They are To Propulsion)
03. Alazan - La Casa Del Sol Naciente (Chestnut - the House Of the Rising Sun)
04. Los Cuatro Amigos - Tracate (The Four Friends - Tracate)
05. Eliades Ochoa - Caminito De Zaza (Eliades Ochoa - Caminito De Zaza)
06. Reynols - Sosina (Reynols - Sosina)
07. Soliedos Rios - Un Soplo Dispersa Los Limitos (Soliedos Rios - a Blowing Disperses the Limitos)
08. Alejandra Y Aeron - Belinda (Alejandra and Aeron - Belinda)
09. Los Saicos - Demolicion (The Saicos - Demolition)
10. Juan Cautivo Miranda - Canuon Del Amor (Captive Juan Miranda - Canuon Of the Love)
11. Bitman Y Roban - Robar Es natural (Bitman and Roban - To rob Is natural)
12. Dave Valentin - Crotona Park (Dave Valentin - Crotona Park)
13. Imagen Del Amor - Pobre Diabla (Image Of the Love - Poor Diabla)
14. Juan Hidalgo - Prose Selavy (Juan Hidalgo - Prose Selavy)

DOS

01. Lucila Campos Y O. Aviles - Mayoral (same)
02. Los Amigos Invisible - YO SO ASI (Yo So Well)
03. Telemundo - Dificutades Tecnica (Dificutades Technique)
04. Trombolo - Triquitraca (same)
05. Javier Flores - Alfonzia Y El Mar (Alfonzia And The Sea)
06. 12 Garras - Quiero Ser Tu Perra (12 Claw - I Want To Be Your Dog)
07. Victor Jara - Las Casitas Del Barrio Alto (same)
08. Alejandra Y Aeron - LA Labradora Castanuela (same)
09. Siniestro Total - Matar Jipies En Las Cies (Dark Total-Killing Jipies Las Cies)
10. Actitud Maria Marta - Estado Resignado (same)
11. Atabal - Anaizo (same)
12. Aberlardo Vasquez y Camanana - Predemela La Vela (same)
13. Wanapro Vacho - Mi Codena (same)

I received some Savage goodness for Mix Tape Round 11. A review under that thread to follow in a few days.

אש זרה

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth