Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page can someone give me a critique on my yugoslavia political cartoon?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.20.2014, 06:29 PM   #1
PLips
bad moon rising

PLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's asses
hey guys i started making this over 3 years ago. i got two thank yous yet nearly no discussion. almost nothing. i did not enjoy making this, it was made out of fear of the balkan war in the 90s and what went down psychologically and subconsciously

NOBODY SEYZ NUTTIN ABOUT IT and i worked like fucking crazy on it. its like an artists political thesis. im at a point where i cant stand to work on it and i still have to draft an imaginnary constitution. you guys are pretty sharp on politics and more mature than the ween forum so i hope youll help

itd probably take half a day to get through 5 parts the last is unfinished
you probably need to watch these two yugo movies written by dušan kovačević
first to get the story and structure

ko to tamo peva

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAx6w_1cBpU

kusturica's 'underground'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzfjyqN1l40

any critique large or small might give me motivation to keep going. i know its a lot to go through so thanks for trying. take your time

so heres yugo park (yugo means south)
http://mudlicktionary.angelfire.com/YugoPark.html

hvala lepa
danny
PLips is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.20.2014, 07:30 PM   #2
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLips
so heres yugo park (yugo means south)
http://mudlicktionary.angelfire.com/YugoPark.html

hvala lepa
danny

Angelfire sites remind me of GeoCities sites and since it is both renowned and maligned my obsession with all things 1990s you had me at the Courtney Love diss..

Genteel Death will probably be a fan just for this too!

I don't have any time right now (as !@#$%! sympathetically mentioned on another thread) and possibly won't have any time for several years to come BUT I will definitely steal some and provide a more in-depth analysis of your shit, because I totally understand the frustration of putting together something that takes a lot of work and getting minimal feedback..

Also, have you tried trolling I mean advertising links and banners to your site on Twitter and Facebook? Its an easy way to snag up some traffic and I dare say you could attract some interest, but also I'm sure you know Serbians and Bosniacs aren't known for being terribly nice and congenial peoples so you've been warned

"Men's perspectives become flat, comprehending only the light-reflecting, tangible surfaces of existence; the vista into depth closes over. " Joseph Campbell
SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.20.2014, 07:36 PM   #3
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses

ስለዚህ .. ይሄን እኔን የገለፀ ነው??

እናት በጂ!!

"Men's perspectives become flat, comprehending only the light-reflecting, tangible surfaces of existence; the vista into depth closes over. " Joseph Campbell
Old 08.20.2014, 08:52 PM   #4
PLips
bad moon rising

PLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's asses
im going to take things nice and slow ...
those guys on the ween forum tortured me for 2 years for trying too hard and whining about it. when im ready i'll go on facebook or twitter. right now it feels like my mind is deeply wounded and i cant take too many more cruel comments.

the courtney love sLovenia LJUBljana the village of fuckovci. you grabbed the one that caused this damned comic.

i couldnt fucking take it anymore let courtney love be in charge of slovenia.
i dont want to be in charge of this propaganda anymore. its a fucking nightmare and i want to die everyday. thats what brought me here the evol album. its not over till the constitution is written but i am ready to quit
i can never ever live up to love in slovenia fučkovci means 'whistlers'. should i whistle while i work? i want to die. nothing more. this comic was my way out

mt. triglav on the slovene flag and coat of arms looks like its giving the middle finger i tripped out on that
Old 08.20.2014, 08:56 PM   #5
PLips
bad moon rising

April 30th 2011 somewhere in yugoparkia

that was walpurgis night i started this. on purpose because i was using mystic occult and historical schedule to make this, a day after the royals wedding who appear in this comic.

"whose that there driving?"
"where are the parents of these kids?"
"Why are there animals with them?"
"i want to see every person and animals ticket!"
Old 08.20.2014, 10:50 PM   #6
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLips
im going to take things nice and slow ...
those guys on the ween forum tortured me for 2 years for trying too hard and whining about it. when im ready i'll go on facebook or twitter. right now it feels like my mind is deeply wounded and i cant take too many more cruel comments.

The thing about being an artist is its not about how much positive feedback or fanfare you receive, its simply about getting exposure. If people see your art and don't like it, you've still done your job as an artist because they have experienced your art. Not everybody will like it, but at least they've seen it. If some like it even better, but first things first before anybody can love or hate or in between, they have to be exposed to your art to even make their assessment. So put it out there.. You don't even have to read the comments, just post the links and let the art speak for itself.

Quote:
i couldnt fucking take it anymore let courtney love be in charge of slovenia.

God help Slovenia then!

Old 08.21.2014, 02:13 AM   #7
PLips
bad moon rising

thanks. i remember reading somewhere on here reward or puniishment in a relationship is no way to be, to be exposed for who you really are honestly and openly and be accepted for it for better or worse than to wait for your doggy treat when youre good.

i have a problem with people attacking my character when they should just attack my art. my cuckoo art like in my screenplay. ii gotta get over it if im going to show it to some hardcore serbs bosnians or croatians. my comic is lighthearted and i already put myself down in it. it shouldnt be a problem.

honestly my worst fear is that racist old men are running slovenia, nothing out of the ordinary just politically incorrect, they dont care about blacks jews gypsies. something courtney love wouldnt get pissy about like the nazis do

all my work is cited so even if it looks like crap its got a solid foundation
Old 08.26.2014, 01:13 PM   #8
Johnny "Magic Fingers"
children of satan

Johnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's asses
Ko to tamo peva - how the hell did it come to pass that this movie would ever be mentioned on a SY fan board.....

My dad got a copy of this film on VHS way, way back (around 1981) so I must have seen it dozens of times and pretty much grew up with it.

I can appreciate it a lot more now having studied literature and the dramatists. If you know about Bertolt Brecht, then you would see his influence on 'Ko To Tamo Peva'. This film is an excellent artistic reference point (especially politically)..

I've only seen 'Underground' a couple of times and that was years ago. I remember it was quite the epic and covered a lot of historical balkan politics...

Anyways, I've had a squizz at your cartoon. It's pretty funny. That red 'autobus' is just like the movie...

I'll slowly make my way through and read the whole thing, but I'm never one to comment on balkan politics.That shit is scarier than spending the night in a cemetery by yourself on LSD....
Johnny "Magic Fingers" is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.26.2014, 01:32 PM   #9
Johnny "Magic Fingers"
children of satan

Johnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
....but also I'm sure you know Serbians and Bosniacs aren't known for being terribly nice and congenial peoples so you've been warned

Why, that's an unwarranted attack on my person...

I'm Serbian, and I'm very nice and ultra congenial.

("Bosniacs"....?)
Johnny "Magic Fingers" is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.26.2014, 02:47 PM   #10
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny "Magic Fingers"
Why, that's an unwarranted attack on my person...

I'm Serbian, and I'm very nice and ultra congenial.

("Bosniacs"....?)
Im just teasing.. all the serbs I know are great people, indeed its them who taught me the "serbs are rude" as a kind of insider joke also some of the less than congenial bosniaks are the ones who corrected me, I used to wrongly call such bosnians but apparently that is a politically loaded term in the balkans

Old 08.26.2014, 03:18 PM   #11
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I do not read Swedish....

I'm on TEAM KIM
Rob Instigator is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.27.2014, 10:18 AM   #12
PLips
bad moon rising

Hvala Johnny. i know what underground was talking about. it was like there was a ceasefire but the war was still going on deep inside peoples heads. i felt that. i know the fear. the fear of revenge. slovenia prospered croatia too while the rest suffered.

if i can finish the constitution i can end it and put it into stone and parker's hands. theyre the ones who are fucked up enough to understand. they dont care though. thres been no response on their forum about it. they didnt buy my dean ween les claypool fishing cartoon that they were going to produce a fishing show. they are expecting a peasant, a kmet, to wear a kings crown when its crushing me from lack of support.

i got to do a cuba comic before the next season of south park starts and then im over the hump. get castro in on this before he dies and hope for help.

schizo war preparing for the worst in a decade or two. i want out so bad. the war never ended its been going on for a 100 years. i blasphemed about love in slovenia thats why i made it. it has to be true theres no other way.

instigator svenska ali slovenska?

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth