Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page New Lee album "In Virus Times" on Mute!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.15.2021, 03:08 AM   #1
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
The description to this YT video (and also the latest post on his site) mentions that Lee's new album In Virus Times will be released by Mute sometime soon!!
Will this be the same as what was already released on that French label? Probably not, that was only a 3" CD (which I haven't heard yet unfortunately). Regardless, that artwork looks amazing, it reminds me of Franquin's black period.

I already posted this on the Sonic 2021 thread too, but my post isn't coming through yet .... and then I started spamming there to try and make it work, didn't happen, so ignore me there ;-)

addition:
would this artwork be on the album cover? It could also actually be a 12" vinyl release with the music on one side and an etching on the other, similar to Dinosaur Jr's Just Like Heaven
Or Lee's own From Here To Infinity.

There's also a new video by Lee from a couple months back that I don't believe is mentioned here yet, not related to the new album but still worthwhile mentioning:
For Steve
it's a tribute to Steve Dalachinsky, who I've never heard about but you can clearly hear that he was a big influence on Lee.

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.16.2021, 03:34 AM   #2
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Holy Molly Parker Posey...

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.16.2021, 04:06 AM   #3
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _tunic_
I already posted this on the Sonic 2021 thread too, but my post isn't coming through yet .... and then I started spamming there to try and make it work, didn't happen, so ignore me there ;-)

I don't know what comes through and what doesn't anymore. Dunno if my posts can be seen by other people, dunno if I'm seeing everybody else's posts, and if the posts do show up, apparently they don't necessarily make a thread jump to the top of the list. And as we've mentioned, sometimes there are email notifications, most of the time there's fuckall. This is some bummer shit.

I wonder whether the former Sonic Youth members who partake on the board (mostly Lee, but also Steve, if I'm not mistaken) are aware of the sitch and can do anything about it. I'm not sayin' - I'm just sayin'.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

Old 07.14.2021, 11:41 AM   #4
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Posted by Moshe: https://www.xsnoize.com/interview-wi...res-and-ideas/

Quote:
As far as I know, you have a new LP coming out? Could you please share with our readers some of the details?

LR: My new LP is called “In Virus Times” – it’s a 22-minute instrumental acoustic piece, in 4 sections, representing my musical response to the past year of isolation. To my ears, it’s rather dark and minimal. It was recorded in evening sessions in the dark of my living room – in other words, in isolation times. The sounds of the street enter through the windows and add to the feeling that this was done at home – rather than in a studio's pristine environment. I’m very happy with the recording and the ambience it gives. I heard the test pressings recently after not hearing this work for a couple of months, and I was very happy with what I heard. I am anxious to release it. The album package will be really beautiful, with photographs by my friend Anna Bogaciovas from São Paulo, Brasil.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth