Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Malcolm Youn AC/DC Dead At 64
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.18.2017, 09:25 AM   #1
Bytor Peltor
invito al cielo

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Malcolm Young died Saturday in Australia. He had been suffering from dementia the past few years.

Middle School me was all about AC/DC. No doubting the greatness of, Highway To Hell and Back In Black......Powerage and Flick Of The Switch are the two I played the most......and, Let There Be Rock.

As we grow older, more and more of the greats will keep passing away......Ride On Malcolm!!!

אש זרה

Robin Hood is more real than Jesus - Rob Instigator

Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.18.2017, 11:39 AM   #2
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Angus might get all the plaudits but it was absolutely Malcolm who was the backbone of that band.

The fact that he got dementia is heartbreaking. No one should have to go through that fucker of a disease.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.18.2017, 12:20 PM   #3
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
I have a friend who’s an AC/DC obsessive, and insists that Malcom Young was in fact a superior guitarist to Angus, and that he’s the one who actually played some of their most beloved riffs on record. I don’t know a thing about it, but I guess I’ll believe him unless corrected.

I’ve definitely not an AC/DC fan, and I’m not usually the guy to talk to about heavy metal or classic rock in general unless it’s weird stuff, but I’m still saddened by this.

RIP.

Very sad that it was dementia-related. Can’t imagine many more painful ways to go, for the individual and those around him. Very sad indeed.

“Dirty Deeds (Done Dirt Cheap)” is a legitimately bonkers song, and I admire the balls on anyone who can fit caveman grunting onto a record and not have it turn into a complete embarrassment. So I’ll listen to that today in honor of Mr. Young.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.30.2017, 10:38 PM   #4
tesla69
invito al cielo

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Matt Valentine‏ @MVEEGoldenRoad Nov 18
1st movie I ever saw alone in the theatre without parents or friends was LET THERE BE ROCK when it was released
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.04.2017, 01:44 AM   #5
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
RIP!

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.05.2017, 08:23 PM   #6
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
i’ve loved ac/dc since infancy. great fucking band. the opening of “live wire” is forever etched in my mind.

these days i use an ac/dc playlist to practice drums. true story. it’s just a practice pad but hey. great teachers.

i think that death can be a great blessing—especially when your mind is gone

ride on indeed!

thank you for everything
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content 2006 Sonic Youth