Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Houston
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.24.2017, 12:46 PM   #21
ilduclo
expwy. to yr skull

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
still waiting for FEMA.

One guy in this article has already put in and painted new drywall. "Nothing to inspect if they ever get here"

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/22/u...a-delays-.html
ilduclo is online now   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.24.2017, 05:25 PM   #22
tesla69
invito al cielo

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
After years without a major storm, to have 3 devastating storms within a few weeks is going to strain even the best prepared service. My uncle in suburban New England went 13 days without electricity in January after an ice storm a few years ago, so it doesn't seem surprising to me remote PR isn't fully repaired (the wood stove saved them for heat). Its probably unfair, but I get this message from the MSM that PR is helpless, it is really weird, like in PR they don't have the trained people or equipment to do anything, they can't even clear their own roads - like when I'm hiking I've run into people and the 5 of us moved a fallen tree without having to wait for fucking FEMA. You can't just order the island's electrical system from Amazon, that volume probably needs to be actually be manufactured - I seriously doubt the parts are sitting around - maybe for the first hurricane but the next 2 would have exhausted any supply. But maybe it is an opportunity for local solar to be put into place so you don't have to have long range wires and equipment.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.31.2017, 05:07 AM   #23
Bytor Peltor
invito al cielo

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
so are you thinking of keeping the land and rebuilding? building a house on stilts like they do at the shore? selling and going somewhere else?

Happy to report our SBA loan has been approved.

General overview: the Small Business Administration is a source when FEMA is envoked for a disastrous area. They offer loans (not grants) to individuals to help rebuild / maintain a local economy. Basically, they want you back paying your utilities & taxes......back eating at your favorite restaurants and getting your haircut at the same place. The SBA wants that day in / day out money flowing again.

We requested and received permission for a “relocation loan.” We feel our foundation is too damaged to repair. We’ve found a home in Nederland we would like to purchase. This requires us to jump through a few extra hoops, but we’ve started the process hope to close by Thanksgiving. The fact we are staying within the same County helps. The home we are buying did not flood.

We are reviving a 30 year loan at 1.7% fixed. We hope to get $10-15k for our flood damaged property.

אש זרה

Robin Hood is more real than Jesus - Rob Instigator

Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.31.2017, 09:40 AM   #24
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
Happy to report our SBA loan has been approved.

General overview: the Small Business Administration is a source when FEMA is envoked for a disastrous area. They offer loans (not grants) to individuals to help rebuild / maintain a local economy. Basically, they want you back paying your utilities & taxes......back eating at your favorite restaurants and getting your haircut at the same place. The SBA wants that day in / day out money flowing again.

We requested and received permission for a relocation loan. We feel our foundation is too damaged to repair. Weve found a home in Nederland we would like to purchase. This requires us to jump through a few extra hoops, but weve started the process hope to close by Thanksgiving. The fact we are staying within the same County helps. The home we are buying did not flood.

We are reviving a 30 year loan at 1.7% fixed. We hope to get $10-15k for our flood damaged property.

oh wow... im sorry to hear that and... congratulations!

must be so much mixed feelings with such a huge loss but also a great opportunity to start fresh. that interest rate is great!

best wishes to you and your family bytor. if you come out of this stronger and wiser and kinder the overall balance will be a huge win.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.14.2017, 03:36 AM   #25
cryptowonderdruginvogue
invito al cielo

cryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's asses
yo I'm alive sup
Old 11.14.2017, 03:59 AM   #26
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptowonderdruginvogue
yo I'm alive sup

sup crypto

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content 2006 Sonic Youth