Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The comic book thread of comic books
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.31.2017, 11:57 AM   #401
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
saw it a few weeks ago. It's pretty great.

I saw it last night. Best Spider-Man movie by a mile.

I read about some "moment" where Michael Keaton "transcends" what it means — or can mean — to be a villain. I never saw that moment, and I believe it was just hot air (and yes, I watched both post-credit scenes).

Good fun though. Good Spider-Man.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.31.2017, 12:36 PM   #402
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
I don't know about a "moment." I'd say the scene w/ the car ride to the prom (and leading up to that ride) was the best Keaton part of the movie. Really well done.
noisereductions is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.26.2017, 01:22 PM   #403
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Rich Perotta is speaking tonight about a block from me. I'm not familiar with him. Should I go?
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.26.2017, 08:19 PM   #404
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
Rich Perotta is speaking tonight about a block from me. I'm not familiar with him. Should I go?

I would go if I had bothing else to do. But I can’t think of anything he’s inked that has been particularly memorable.
Old 09.26.2017, 08:24 PM   #405
Severian
invito al cielo

Just read this and it was AWESOME so I’m reading vol. 2

Also this:

And this (I don’t believe the Oz reveal is legit... real reveal yet to come, IMO)

Old 10.13.2017, 03:14 PM   #406
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Sev, have you started White Knight yet? #1 came out last week.

I stopped "The War Of Jokes & Riddles" mid-way through and then had #32 spoiled for me which was sort of annoying but whatever. Gonna jump back into mainline Batman w/ #32 though since Joelle Jones is doing art and she's one of my absolute favorites right now.
Old 10.13.2017, 06:09 PM   #407
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Sev, have you started White Knight yet? #1 came out last week.

I stopped "The War Of Jokes & Riddles" mid-way through and then had #32 spoiled for me which was sort of annoying but whatever. Gonna jump back into mainline Batman w/ #32 though since Joelle Jones is doing art and she's one of my absolute favorites right now.

White Knight! I knew I had forgotten something!

No, I haven’t but I will.

Fuck the War of Jokes and Riddles and its dumbass Kite-Man bullshit. What a whopping let-down. Didn’t finish that.

Hey if you’re not reading DARK NIGHTS METAL you are missing the fuck out.
It’s super Bat-centric (like, super Bat-centric[/i]), and it has ripped off 2000 AD/Judge Dredd’s “Deadworld” and “Judge Death” pretty blatantly, but MAN isit satisfying!!!

Here’s a quick checklist of what your ass needs to read:
• DARK DAYS: THE FORGE and THE CASTING
• Dark Nights Metal #1
• Dark Nights Metal #2
• DNM tie-in: THE RED DEATH
• DNM tie-in: MURDER MACHINE
• DNM tie-in: DAWNBREAKER
• Dark Nights Metal #3

Also Marvel Legacy looks pretty baller.

I’ve been reading a ton of comics lately
Old 10.13.2017, 09:11 PM   #408
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Read Legacy tonight actually. It was good.
Old 10.14.2017, 10:22 AM   #409
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Read Legacy tonight actually. It was good.

White Knight #1 was good. Great art.
Old Today, 02:14 PM   #410
noisereductions
invito al cielo

oh Sev, did you ever read The Vision series that Tom King did 2015-2016? There were only twelve issues total I believe. I've been reading them via the recent Director's Cut reprints, so I've read the first four issues so far and they are just, well, brilliant.

I mean it's not a superhero story - at all. The short version is that Vision decides he wants to have a family. So he synthesizes a wife and two kids and they move to the suburbs. And then it's this weird tragic story about... well. Things.

I don't really want to spoil anything. I can only say that I really can't even compare it to another comic book. It's really just incredible.
Old Today, 03:28 PM   #411
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
oh Sev, did you ever read The Vision series that Tom King did 2015-2016? There were only twelve issues total I believe. I've been reading them via the recent Director's Cut reprints, so I've read the first four issues so far and they are just, well, brilliant.

I mean it's not a superhero story - at all. The short version is that Vision decides he wants to have a family. So he synthesizes a wife and two kids and they move to the suburbs. And then it's this weird tragic story about... well. Things.

I don't really want to spoil anything. I can only say that I really can't even compare it to another comic book. It's really just incredible.

Hmm. Interesting! They have that at my local library and I’ve eyed it but never read it. Not really a Vision fan at all.

But I probably will now. Thanks!

Tom King is something special.
This Vision thing you’re talking about sounds similar in tone to his ABSOLITELY BEAUTIFUL and HILARIOUS and utterly tragic new “Mister Miracle” run. Seriously one of the most unique comics I’ve read in ages. Absolutely devastating and sad and funny, and very much NOT a superhero story.

Starts with “Mister Miracle”/Scott Free trying to complete the most epic “escape” of his career — an escape from death afteran attempted suicide. Then it gets really dark...I would recommend the living FUCK out of it.
Old Today, 03:35 PM   #412
Severian
invito al cielo

Variant cover for Mister Miracle (2017-) #3

The second issue is, like, award-worthy. I swear. It’s just about perfect, and it’s getting tons of hype. I’ve never even really paid attention to this character until now, but WOW.
Old Today, 03:42 PM   #413
noisereductions
invito al cielo

dude, when I saw Mister Miracle #1 I was like "hmm... that reminds me of the Vision comic." So yeah. I'll check it out gladly. I didn't even realize (or remember) that King was doing it so yeah it totally sounds like he's basically doing something similar for DC w/ this book that he did for Marvel a couple years back. Count me in!

If they hey Vision at your library - get it. Seriously. There are some comics where I'm like "hey you might like this." This isn't one of this. This is one where I'm saying "TRUST ME ON THIS ONE" y'know?
181920 21
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth