Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page the driverless cashless society
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.28.2017, 07:48 PM   #121
tesla69
invito al cielo

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
The bitcoin boom is well and truly underway, and investors are constantly looking for new ways to gain an advantage in this space The best way to do this, it seems, is by cutting the energy costs of mining this precious commodity. The bitcoin mining industry consumes 22.5 TWh of energy annually, which amounts to 13,239,916 barrels of oil equivalent.
With 12.5 bitcoins being mined every 10 minutes, that means the average energy cost of one bitcoin would equate to 20 barrels of oil equivalent.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.02.2017, 10:59 PM   #122
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
The cynical conspiracy to stop us using cash: ROSS CLARK says the push for a cashless society is all about greed

I know it's the daily mail, but still interesting to see one of the major newspapers pick it up.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.03.2017, 06:01 AM   #123
tesla69
invito al cielo

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Bitcoin at $7,400 this morning.

That article does pick up many of the important points on why this is TYRANNY.

The 1% have decided that now we have to pay for our own degradation. So instead of just paying the toll, you have to PAY to Pay the toll.
Old 11.03.2017, 06:37 AM   #124
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Worst thing is I have a wallet with about half a bitcoin in. Shame I can't remember my fucking key.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.03.2017, 08:35 AM   #125
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Worst thing is I have a wallet with about half a bitcoin in. Shame I can't remember my fucking key.
oh no ha ha ha ha

https://lifehacker.com/only-buy-bitc...-it-1820006087

sorry man
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.07.2017, 05:46 PM   #126
tesla69
invito al cielo

"Of course, there will be a transition period. Everyone will have five years to get their car off the road or sell it for scrap or trade it on a module"

http://www.autonews.com/article/2017...-times-goodbye
Old 11.07.2017, 06:30 PM   #127
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
"Of course, there will be a transition period. Everyone will have five years to get their car off the road or sell it for scrap or trade it on a module"

http://www.autonews.com/article/2017...-times-goodbye

awesome!

!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.08.2017, 07:36 PM   #128
tesla69
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt

If it cracks $100K do you think you might figure it out somehow?

Speculators love this kind of market - if the Saudi princes try to safeguard their money in bitcoin it could rise very quickly - I think a lot of people are buying to hold and that will keep bit"coins" scarce. I'm not sure when tulips went back to their normal price.

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin/
Old 11.09.2017, 12:35 AM   #129
gogologogolo
little trouble girl

gogologogolo kicks all y'all's assesgogologogolo kicks all y'all's assesgogologogolo kicks all y'all's assesgogologogolo kicks all y'all's assesgogologogolo kicks all y'all's assesgogologogolo kicks all y'all's assesgogologogolo kicks all y'all's assesgogologogolo kicks all y'all's assesgogologogolo kicks all y'all's assesgogologogolo kicks all y'all's assesgogologogolo kicks all y'all's asses
I bought 5 bitcoins back when they were $10 each. Sold them at $100.

I sure bet I'll regret that move when I'm in my 60s...

With a little foresight and minimal initial investment I could have been retired by now. Ah well. Who could have guessed.
gogologogolo is online now   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.20.2017, 07:21 PM   #130
tesla69
invito al cielo

But by the time you're in your 60's, it might be worth nothing, so maybe you made the right move - from the last sentence of this article, I wonder if this is some mad, subterfuge to crash the world's electrical grid

“Sebastian-Deetman calculated in 2016 that [bitcoin] mining would require as much electricity by 2020 as the entire nation of Denmark currently consumes … Bitcoin’s algorithm requires that it get more and more difficult over time to mine, as long as mining itself becomes increasingly popular. With an approximately 132-year discovery cycle to mine all 21 million bitcoins, mining power demand will go up exponentially.”
Old Yesterday, 03:33 PM   #131
tesla69
invito al cielo

This is what they have planned in a society without cash run by FinTech. If you think it is good, wait until they come for you. And they will.
Marine Le Pen has claimed her National Front party is the victim of a "banking fatwa" after banks closed its accounts as well as her own personal account.
The leader of the far-right party told a news conference she would be lodging complaints against Société Générale and HSBC.
Under French law, banks are allowed to close accounts unilaterally.
But Ms Le Pen accused "financial oligarchies" of trying to "suffocate" the political opposition and democracy.
Old Today, 06:04 PM   #132
gogologogolo
little trouble girl

gogologogolo kicks all y'all's assesgogologogolo kicks all y'all's assesgogologogolo kicks all y'all's assesgogologogolo kicks all y'all's assesgogologogolo kicks all y'all's assesgogologogolo kicks all y'all's assesgogologogolo kicks all y'all's assesgogologogolo kicks all y'all's assesgogologogolo kicks all y'all's assesgogologogolo kicks all y'all's assesgogologogolo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
But by the time you're in your 60's, it might be worth nothing, so maybe you made the right move - from the last sentence of this article, I wonder if this is some mad, subterfuge to crash the world's electrical grid

“Sebastian-Deetman calculated in 2016 that [bitcoin] mining would require as much electricity by 2020 as the entire nation of Denmark currently consumes … Bitcoin’s algorithm requires that it get more and more difficult over time to mine, as long as mining itself becomes increasingly popular. With an approximately 132-year discovery cycle to mine all 21 million bitcoins, mining power demand will go up exponentially.”
Yeah I've read about that. It's an environmental catastrophe in the making. That's just bitcoin, what about all the other crypto-currencies out there? I've heard one of the makers of BitTorrent is working on a more environmentally friendly version of bitcoin that uses harddrive space instead of hashing for proof of work. Which sounds good, but it might introduce some new problems itself.
gogologogolo is online now   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth