Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Who has heard TooL's "10,000 Days"?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.22.2006, 01:25 AM   #41
FRACTUREDSUNSHINE
little trouble girl

FRACTUREDSUNSHINE has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
cold and ugly (live) opens with what fraze from who??
FRACTUREDSUNSHINE is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.22.2006, 01:31 AM   #42
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

terminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's asses
nice one fractured, the tool shows in my state when they tour australia are really calm and a great shared experience to be a part of. And yes Jerk Off which is the song you refer to is an angry song but we can't blame the band for people not understanding their lyrics and interpretting them in a negative way. But hey that's what interpretation is all about. Also maynard makes things somewhat difficult sometime when trying to understand his lyrics because he writes from many different perspectives. Have a look at the perfect circle dvd and watch with the commentary, this will be enlightening i would think, it was for me.
terminal pharmacy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.22.2006, 01:35 AM   #43
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
FRACTUREDSUNSHINE:

& don't worry about what us TooL fans say. If you didn't like it, say so.
We think we're so hardcore when it comes to this subject. The fact of life is that not everyone is going to agree on something, so we might as well learn from each other's opinions.

Happy Listening!

"You must have been, High!"
-TooL- "10.000 Days"
-George Carlin
marleypumpkin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.22.2006, 01:40 AM   #44
FRACTUREDSUNSHINE
little trouble girl

FRACTUREDSUNSHINE has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
thanx i'll have to see some live interview stuff on the dude. SOme people could say tool's book recomendation link is abit spooky but then agin i an't chrtian sooo..... Any way i'll be listing to more tool dammmmmmmmm!
FRACTUREDSUNSHINE is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.22.2006, 01:42 AM   #45
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
That's great to hear. But, always keep your musical ethics in mind when listening to TooL, or any group for that matter.
-George Carlin
Old 04.22.2006, 02:11 AM   #46
luckynumber9
bad moon rising

luckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard sucka
I've only listened to Vicarious once. I'm waiting until I have the CD to listen to the rest. I did the same thing before Lateralus came out - refusing to listen to anything except Schism. Remember all the anticipation that led up to the release, with the band posting all the studio pictures and fake song titles? It was definitely a breakthrough album for them, because I noticed a sharp increase in people wearing Tool shirts after it came out. If Vicarious is any indication of what to expect on the rest of the new album, I'm looking forward to it.

and we looked
and we passed
through the hallway of shatterproof glass
luckynumber9 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.22.2006, 02:39 AM   #47
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

Oh trust me, you will NOT be disappointed w/ this record. It's just alot different than the TooL we know & love. & "Lateralus" is an amazing record.
The atwork is absolutely ashtonishing. Adam Jones is a wonderful artist.
-George Carlin
Old 04.22.2006, 03:27 AM   #48
shentov
expwy. to yr skull

shentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's asses
i'm listening to it right now. actually i came back to the board to post a thread about it, but marley [you have no life dude] did it before me. i like the album, my bandmates are huge tool fans and so i like them too. not like a religion, but still they have good riffs.
Old 04.22.2006, 03:48 AM   #49
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

Danny Carey is a fucking genious in every fasciite of the word.
Adam Jones is a brilliant artist & guitar player.
Justin Chancellor gets better on bass on every album.
& Maynard is the delicate of voices, when he wants to be. & he can scream the ears of a rabbit.
I fucking love TooL, & will always love TooL. Including this new album,
"10,000 Days".

-shentov-
You are correct. I have no life. I'm pitiful
-George Carlin
Old 04.22.2006, 11:22 AM   #50
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

terminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's asses
just to clarify marley, Adam Jones is a great artist but the lateralus cover art was done by alex grey who is an incredible artist.

http://www.alexgrey.com/
terminal pharmacy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.22.2006, 02:50 PM   #51
ozZuB-ginK
little trouble girl

ozZuB-ginK is a splendid one to beholdozZuB-ginK is a splendid one to beholdozZuB-ginK is a splendid one to beholdozZuB-ginK is a splendid one to beholdozZuB-ginK is a splendid one to beholdozZuB-ginK is a splendid one to behold
yea i was gonna make the alex grey correction.

Anyway no i have not heard the new tool record except the 1 released "single" I never download records, but i'm VERY Much looking forward to May 2nd. Tool is an amazing band, people who say they suck based on their popularity are just ignorant. Why deny yrself the pleasure of listening to a band that has passion and cares about the art they put out just because they are popular? Tool even refused to do interviews for a long time, they just want it to be about the music and not them as ppl which is really kool. Can't wait for may 2nd!
ozZuB-ginK is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.22.2006, 06:51 PM   #52
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by terminal pharmacy
just to clarify marley, Adam Jones is a great artist but the lateralus cover art was done by alex grey who is an incredible artist.

http://www.alexgrey.com/

Woops, sorry for the mistake. I just thought I remembered reading that Adam did the artwork. I know he did the artwork for one of their albums. My fault.
Forgive Me.
(thanks for the link terminal pharmacy)
-George Carlin
Old 04.22.2006, 06:59 PM   #53
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

"10,000 Days" Artwork

-George Carlin
Old 04.22.2006, 07:18 PM   #54
Massenvernichtungswaffen
stalker

Massenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's assesMassenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's assesMassenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's assesMassenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's assesMassenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's assesMassenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's assesMassenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's assesMassenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's assesMassenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's assesMassenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's assesMassenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by marleypumpkin
"10,000 Days" Artwork

what the hell? quote and reply? i didn't mean to do that. something wrong with me or the board?

anyhow, the new Tool album is great, as is the new Sonic Youth, I can't wait for them to be available for sale. Gotta own 'em.

Jeg kysser katastrofer.

Massenvernichtungswaffen is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.22.2006, 07:21 PM   #55
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

Yeah, just looking at the layout makes me want to go to Disc Exchange & go buy the thing right now. But, "10,000 Days" is an amazing record.
I'm really concidering if it's one of their best albums or not. I'll have to give it a little more time.
-George Carlin
Old 04.22.2006, 08:45 PM   #56
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
You know, of all the times I would like a band to have one of those myspace pages so I can hear their new single it is now for Tool, but they don't have one.....fuck.
Old 04.22.2006, 11:28 PM   #57
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

Krastian: Would you like a little "assistance" in hearing those tracks?
& did you noticed the cd layout for "10,000 Days"?

BTW, I tried looking for the TooL myspace, & got a profile of a guy using the screenname TooL, & his profile pic was Master Shake from ATHF.
I asked him to add my solo group Dislodgement to his friend list. He seems like a funny guy.
-George Carlin
Old 04.22.2006, 11:35 PM   #58
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
No I'm good.....ha ha. Yeah the packaging looks pretty cool.
Old 04.22.2006, 11:40 PM   #59
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Tons of weird vocals.

Weird Indian shit.

Awesome riffs as usual.

Never manages to get good.

Gimme Aenima.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.22.2006, 11:49 PM   #60
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

I can say that the one problem w/ this record is repetitive riffs. But they're great riffs none the less. I don't know why, but I just like how the album is constructed & put together. Maybe it's just me. Ahh, I don't care what anyone thinks, I love this album. A little rating by yours truly;

1.Vicarious *** out of 3
2.Jambi ***
3.Wings For Marie (Part 1) **
4.10,000 Days (Wings Part 2) **
5.The Pot ***
6.Lipan Conjuring *
7.Lost Keys **
8.Rosetta Stoned ***
9.Intension ***
10.Right In Two **************************
11.Viginti Tres **
-George Carlin