Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Mix Tapes Round 7
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.20.2007, 03:25 PM   #121
Пятхъдесят Шест
invito al cielo

Пятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's asses
Yes! Mr. Peltor has consistently made amazing tapes, at least from the last three rounds I have hosted. I remember listening to this one, and almost keeping it.
Пятхъдесят Шест is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.20.2007, 04:00 PM   #122
Bytor Peltor
invito al cielo

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
Okay, Bytor Peltor's tape:

Side One of the tape is titled the same as the tape itself, and consists, I think (but obviously correct me if I'm wrong), of a compilation of Perez Prado tracks. The first I know well - Guaglione, otherwise known as "The Tune From The Guinness Advert" - but the rest was new to me.

I'm actually quite moved that such effort has been put into a tape to be sent away to a stranger.

I'm not sure if it's the tape's original intention, it has become a regular fixture on the kitchen ghetto blaster when I'm cooking, and I can think of no greater praise from me than that.

Thank you, Bytor Peltor. You make a damn fine mixtape.

OKAY - now I'm a bit confused. I don't have a clue as to what "Guaglione aka The Tune From The Guinness Advert" sounds like? Here is the track listing for Side A:

01. Perez Prado - Patricia
02. High Llamas - Vampo Brazil
03. Jeri Southern - An Occasional Man
04. Astrud Gilberto - So Nice (summer samba)
05. Stereolab - One Note Sambe
06. Tino Puente - Kiss Of Fire
07. Stanley Turrentine - Ciao, Ciao
08. Mosquitos - One
09. Bing Crosby - Sweet Leilanz
10. Moonlighters - Cafe Life
11. Pram - Dark Island

As you can see, only one proper Perez Prado track appears on side one. However, I do feel that Mr. Prado had some sort of influence on the rest of the songs appearing on the tape......very samba sounding!

On Side B, I had three to four things playing all at the same time until the very last track. It does take a little work to plan out such an adventure, but it was fun and well worth it for me. I'm just very appreciative that it ended up with someone who was willing to give it a proper listen. I'm afraid not everyone is willing to expand their musical boundaries.

On a side note: for some unknown reason, I'm always compiling mix tape list and ideas in my head. Sometimes I feel my ideas really come together and other times I think it may be 90 minutes worth of crap. I really felt good about the tape you received Sonicl......the one from Swap 9 will be left to ears of the beholder. I thick it was a great idea, but I'm just not sure how well it came together? Someone in Swap 10, 11 or 12 will be receiving a project entitled: Boots Randolph vs. Merzbow & The Avant Noise.

Thanks again Sonicl for such a wonderful review......anyone enjoying any tape I make is high praise indeed!

אש זרה

Robin Hood is more real than Jesus - Rob Instigator

Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content 2006 Sonic Youth