Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page classic albums, atsonicpark edition # 34: descendents - milo goes to college
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.13.2011, 12:12 AM   #21
exploding plastic candle
children of satan

exploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard sucka
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Jy8SIVQ_ac
Let's bathe in a cup of dreams and share in a saucy toast
exploding plastic candle is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.16.2011, 12:35 AM   #22
CHOUT
invito al cielo

CHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's asses
I wanna have sex with you.

CHOUT is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.07.2014, 03:21 PM   #23
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark

DESCENDENTS "MILO GOES TO COLLEGE"
1982, New Alliance

If I were a professional music critic, I'd say, "Perfect pop punk portrait of pure teenage angst." But since I'm not, I'll just say this album makes me really happy. It's a perfect blend of poppy vocal hooks and speedy hardcore guitar thrashing. Says more in 22 minutes than most bands say in a whole discography -- and it's all delightfully fun and a bit lame, of course, which makes it even more fun. A very intelligent band making brilliant and complex punk with 15 songs, only one of which is over 2 minutes. Essential!!

Milo Goes to College is the epitome of pop punk. It also has some of the finest drum work in the history of the genre. Descendents were so underrated because quite honestly, they didn't write serious punk records about serious shit. In this way, they are a great precursor to Nirvana, who seemed to have more fun in music than any band in the past 30 years. Songs like "I am not a loser" and "I wanna be a bear" as well as "Suburban Home" and the epic street punk ballad "Hope" are all-time great tunes. Descendents were one of the first true punk bands I got into when I was a kid, and they heavily influenced what I like about punk (speed, drumwork, gutteral growls and shouting, a "who the fuck cares" attitude and approach) music...

We'll miss you atsonicpark, and all the great discussions about actual music you started.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2014, 01:20 PM   #24
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
the last four tracks or so on this album are the best shit ever.
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth