Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page THe Futurist live
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.22.2006, 10:46 AM   #1
nomadicfollower
invito al cielo

nomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's asses
Does anyone know if Shellac has ever played some songs from The Futurist live? It's probably my favorite album that Shellac has put it and hearing them perform it live would be pure joy.
nomadicfollower is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.22.2006, 02:44 PM   #2
RIPfrey05
the end of the ugly

RIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard sucka
Ive really wanting ot hear that!!
can you YSI it??
did that song "hang on work"?
http://www.myspace.com/thefloridaorangebirds
MY FUCKING BAND
RIPfrey05 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.22.2006, 02:50 PM   #3
nomadicfollower
invito al cielo

nomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's asses
You want to hear the Futurist album? I don't have them preforming it live, that's what I was asking for..

Yes I got Hang On to work. It's really great. I like spacious it sounds...
Old 04.22.2006, 02:51 PM   #4
RIPfrey05
the end of the ugly

RIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard sucka
Cool do you have the futurist album??
http://www.myspace.com/thefloridaorangebirds
MY FUCKING BAND
RIPfrey05 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.22.2006, 02:54 PM   #5
nomadicfollower
invito al cielo

Yeah...I'll up it for you in a little while...I've got two things downloading, I'm on this site, and music is playing. Shits slow. Once these things get done I'll get to it.
It's VERY good.
Old 04.22.2006, 05:24 PM   #6
nomadicfollower
invito al cielo

http://download.yousendit.com/803294246A4F070D

Movements 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 (as they're called)
Enjoy!!!
Old 04.22.2006, 07:47 PM   #7
nomadicfollower
invito al cielo

http://petdance.com/actionpark/shell...aphy/futurist/...

Info. I wonder how it got leaked?
Old 04.23.2006, 04:43 AM   #8
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
a fine recording indeed. probably one of albinis finest.... cant wait for new album. 6 years is a long time!
Old 04.23.2006, 09:15 AM   #9
Onani Nic
the end of the ugly

Onani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's asses
heck yes, i was just reading about this album the onther day
Old 04.23.2006, 03:58 PM   #11
nomadicfollower
invito al cielo

You have a copy??
Old 04.23.2006, 05:19 PM   #13
nomadicfollower
invito al cielo

Lucky son of bitch!
Did it have a name circled on the cover?
I read, in the above link, that they circled each person's name that they gave to, as to know who sold their copy.
Damn I envy you!

The band apparently wants the record to not get into the hands of anyone besides the original recipient. Each receipient's record has their name circled in silver ink (although you [intentionally] can't see it on our scan). This is so that if any of them turn up for sale, the band will know whose copy it is
Old 04.23.2006, 05:48 PM   #14
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadicfollower
Lucky son of bitch!
Did it have a name circled on the cover?
I read, in the above link, that they circled each person's name that they gave to, as to know who sold their copy.
Damn I envy you!

The band apparently wants the record to not get into the hands of anyone besides the original recipient. Each receipient's record has their name circled in silver ink (although you [intentionally] can't see it on our scan). This is so that if any of them turn up for sale, the band will know whose copy it is

if you can read on the cover at the end of the list of people, it says: "If yout name is not on the list, we haven't forgotten you, we forgotten to put your name on the list. Here it is:"

and mine says alexis fleisig, the drummer from soulside, girs against boys and bellini. so he's not on the list but his name is written on it

yeah, i was very lucky and i didn't even paid much, the people at the store had no idea what that album was.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.24.2006, 09:10 AM   #15
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
The futurist does indeed rule!

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth