Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Kurt Cobain Death Investigation Reopened
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.07.2014, 08:21 PM   #61
foreverasskiss
Banned

foreverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_battery
if you listen to the very last bits of music he did - the unreleased jams and live fragments - he had got to a weird place where he was oscillating between EXTREME noise jams with garbled nonsense yelp vocals and really sweet happy light songs like do ri me.

this is the saddest of all. they could've been so much more while still having fun.

youngins: there are some deviant bitches out there so please stay away. Courtney was/is horrible but im guessing she had some good pussy( at least then). fucks with a man everytime. does anyone else thinks he married her because of drug relations and because he thought she was so "punk rock"? a non punk rock girl was out of the question to anyone into such things back then i guess.
foreverasskiss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.07.2014, 08:31 PM   #62
foreverasskiss
Banned

foreverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I like how Bleach rides the bass, how Krist's bass is the propulsion for all the songs, with Kurt's guitar as the shredder.

can't listen to Bleach no more. with Youtube around now i'd rather listen to raw 89, 90 performances.

i got Bleach from a friend when i was 13 on my birthday. my parents gave me Aerosmith's Get a Grip the same day and i smashed it the next. i quickly reimbursed them the money when i could. i was living on the edge.
Old 04.07.2014, 10:03 PM   #63
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverasskiss
can't listen to Bleach no more. with Youtube around now i'd rather listen to raw 89, 90 performances.

i got Bleach from a friend when i was 13 on my birthday. my parents gave me Aerosmith's Get a Grip the same day and i smashed it the next. i quickly reimbursed them the money when i could. i was living on the edge.

The live disc that came with the Bleach reissue is fantastic. Those tours really demonstrate why people caught on to Nirvana in the first place.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.07.2014, 10:09 PM   #64
foreverasskiss
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
The live disc that came with the Bleach reissue is fantastic. Those tours really demonstrate why people caught on to Nirvana in the first place.

dude!! what amazes me was that they were recorded more than any other hype band at the time( and they really weren't that hyped). check Youtube!!!! just about every Nirvana performance was recorded from 89 to 91. more than Pavement, Pixies or...... ohhh i don't know...Dinosaur jr, or any shoegaze england act.

they were bound for success no matter what.
Old 04.07.2014, 10:17 PM   #65
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverasskiss
dude!! what amazes me was that they were recorded more than any other hype band at the time( and they really weren't that hyped). check Youtube!!!! just about every Nirvana performance was recorded from 89 to 91. more than Pavement, Pixies or...... ohhh i don't know...Dinosaur jr, or any shoegaze england act.

they were bound for success no matter what.

Oh, Nirvana bootlegs were quite the collectable peaking in 1994-1997, a mix of "lost" b-sides and concert recordings. Live Nirvana was ALWAYS better than the albums, I think its why From the Muddy Banks of The Wishkah is actually the best all around Nirvana release.. What was interesting about Nirvana is the mainstream music media caught on to this quickly and from 1992-1994 Nirvana live performances where EVERYWHERE on music TV, including several prominent full concerts.

Old 04.07.2014, 10:27 PM   #66
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
the reason is because of the livenirvana.com community, they've hunted down nearly every recording that was ever made of the band. a lot of it has been put on youtube in lossy formats, (not by the livenirvana.com people) who hate lossy sharing.

you'd be surprised how many other and more obscure bands were recorded just as much. the recordings just circulate among the bootleg scene cos there's less of a demand for them than there is for nirvana stuff.
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.08.2014, 08:48 PM   #67
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

On this 20th commemoration I think honestly for the first time I don't feel even a tinge of sadness or sense of loss, rather, it entirely feels like a celebration of how much fucking FUN Nirvana was.. THAT is almost more a tragedy then Kurt's death, that somehow one of the most sincerely fun mainstream bands ever instantly became a symbol for depression, sadness, and dying as if they were ever about that!

Old 04.09.2014, 08:31 AM   #68
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Back in da day bootlegs trades were all 90 min cassettes!
Old 04.30.2014, 06:33 AM   #69
Screaming Skull
children of satan

Screaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's asses
More fuel to the fire...

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/kurt-cob...courtney-love/
Screaming Skull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.30.2014, 07:18 AM   #70
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
holy shit.

that's legitimately the biggest thing to happen in that story in years.

hahahahaha.
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.30.2014, 07:56 AM   #71
Anngella
expwy. to yr skull

Anngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
and that is the worst sculpted guitar I have ever seen.
One of the worst sculptures I have ever seen. Damn.

http://slouchingsunflowers.tumblr.com/
Anngella is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.30.2014, 08:21 AM   #72
Anngella
expwy. to yr skull

Anngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's assesAnngella kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screaming Skull
Is it just me or does it look like there is more to that note that is cut off by the scan?

http://slouchingsunflowers.tumblr.com/
Anngella is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.30.2014, 07:25 PM   #73
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

I think its interesting that this note was never mentioned in 20 years.. I also was saddened by the 3 or 4 "newly" released pictures which show Kurt's body, it really makes it much realer than the previous single picture which was previously released which showed his body laid out on the floor

Old 05.01.2014, 02:43 PM   #74
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
They deserved each other.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.01.2014, 03:06 PM   #75
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
They deserved each other.

Wasn't that much totally obvious?

Old 05.01.2014, 03:11 PM   #76
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Nirvana were a cool band and rocked when they were around but they brought a sort of creative dysmorphia to rock music which always irritated me.
Old 05.01.2014, 03:18 PM   #77
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Wasn't that much totally obvious?

To be honest I felt like pointing that out because after reading some of your posts about troubled Kurt you left me with the impression that you're always trying to build up consensus to slag off Courtney Love whenever you can. She's often an idiot, sure, but so was Saint Kurt. I still love his music though. And hers, occasionally.
Old 05.01.2014, 03:58 PM   #78
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
To be honest I felt like pointing that out because after reading some of your posts about troubled Kurt you left me with the impression that you're always trying to build up consensus to slag off Courtney Love whenever you can. She's often an idiot, sure, but so was Saint Kurt. I still love his music though. And hers, occasionally.

Courtney Love proved much more evil AFTER his death than before. I'm not one of those "kurt was a martyr and courtney was the villain" kind of people, I don't think she had him killed, or anything crazy like that, shit I don't even think she drove him to suicide like some argue, his demons were his own.

But simply put, what she has done with Nirvana since, commercially and legally, and to the blatantly neurotic and almost OCD level vindictiveness to attack writers, bands, media, and even fans is unconscionable. So really, my beef with her has nothing to do with Kurt at all, but rather my experience the past 20 years as a Nirvana fan and really most fans have been held hostage to her bullshit. Just release the shit yo! Fuck, how much more money should there be? What is saddest is that a huge part of it is how she continuously worked the angles to fuck out Dave and Krist of anything. The With the Lights out the the Black Album were almost 90% music that she owned, and purposely released this way to fuck them out of anything. The slow release of DVDs and bootlegs was really part of that same process, as she worked her magic to take the lion share of moneys from those live performances based on her exclusive ownership of the material being performed, even while those on tape performing are getting fucked. She is essentially a demonic incarnation of all that was wrong with the 1950s music industry goons.

To be sure, I have even more beef with Rita Marley for similar shit. Money is a root of all kinds of evils ;(

Old 05.01.2014, 08:28 PM   #79
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirttail
Dave and the other guy did not write any of the songs. I don't think they deserved any more than they got. They wanted to call the boxset "Sappy" for Christ's sake. I think the hits compilation was a good idea; the boxset was in fact quite generous and indulgent and worth the wait.

So Kurt played the bass and drums on the records then? Oh yeah, that is Dave's voice you hear on the backing vocals pretty much on the every track for Nevermind

Old 05.01.2014, 08:48 PM   #80
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

So he wrote the bass and drum parts then?

"With the lights out.. its less dangerous!"

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth