Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page SY Gossip Fan Tribute Album
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.19.2007, 06:37 AM   #221
ted_kennedy
bad moon rising

ted_kennedy is a splendid one to beholdted_kennedy is a splendid one to beholdted_kennedy is a splendid one to beholdted_kennedy is a splendid one to beholdted_kennedy is a splendid one to beholdted_kennedy is a splendid one to behold
OK, cool. I'll do that.
ted_kennedy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.19.2007, 07:55 AM   #222
max
expwy. to yr skull

max kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's asses
Nic, awesum avatar man. Long live Purcell!!! Did you receive my pm? Chout should send one to you to, since I just listed his band's myspace to that info and probably there's more to be added (his personal page or the GOOD ENOUGH RECORDS)...
Chout also had to redo everything and I think this time we'll get the real deal done in about... 20 hours?

Keeping you posted.
Old 06.19.2007, 09:30 AM   #223
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by max
Nic, awesum avatar man. Long live Purcell!!! Did you receive my pm? Chout should send one to you to, since I just listed his band's myspace to that info and probably there's more to be added (his personal page or the GOOD ENOUGH RECORDS)...
Chout also had to redo everything and I think this time we'll get the real deal done in about... 20 hours?

Keeping you posted.
Hey, yep, I got the pm. Still tweaking things on the site, I have some ideas but I suck using html so I need to proceed through tries and errors, but it's fun. As soon as I get your track, however, I'll up all the files so you guys can (yeaaaaah!) hear the tracks, then I'll prepare those little profiles with ilnks and stuff. Using IE you won't have problems dling the mp3s directly from the blogspot page, I'm experiencing problems trying to "right click+save" with firefox (any ideas on this, guys?)...So, to sum things up, songs will be up soon, all the little nifty things will be updated step-by-step in the next few days. Ok? Or you'd like to wait more and see the "perfectly tuned page"? naaaaaaaah, I say, listen to these songs and then care for the rest.
Oh, and that's Ron Gilbert, not Purcell .
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.19.2007, 10:11 AM   #224
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

king_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's asses
okay, someone do a bass track for Mildred, doesnt matter who, just do it now!!!!
king_buzzo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.19.2007, 07:07 PM   #225
max
expwy. to yr skull

max kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's asses
hey Nic all cool! I got the file almost ready, Chout has to listen to it and tell me his impressions. Can I send it over an email address? It's mp3 on 192 kbps. I have higher res if needed. And as for Gilbert + Purcell,

"Steve contributed to the background work and animation for several LucasArts adventure games in the early 1990s. The most popular of the games he worked on were the first two Monkey Island games."

Wiki strikes again!
Old 06.20.2007, 02:36 AM   #226
CHOUT
invito al cielo

CHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by king_buzzo
okay, someone do a bass track for Mildred, doesnt matter who, just do it now!!!!
Ill do it, where is it?

CHOUT is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.20.2007, 02:42 AM   #227
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

king_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHOUT
Ill do it, where is it?
where's what? I'll give you the file with only drums that Neongod played, if you can be arsed to some noise shit at the end, and then I'll get the guitars down. I'll send it when I get home, dont have it now...
Old 06.20.2007, 03:02 AM   #228
CHOUT
invito al cielo

CHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by king_buzzo
where's what? I'll give you the file with only drums that Neongod played, if you can be arsed to some noise shit at the end, and then I'll get the guitars down. I'll send it when I get home, dont have it now...
Yeah, I can be 'arsed' to lay down some shit, punk. I just 'can't be bothered' is all.

CHOUT is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.20.2007, 03:17 AM   #229
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
move on move on! Less talks, more work !!!

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.20.2007, 03:24 AM   #230
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by max
hey Nic all cool! I got the file almost ready, Chout has to listen to it and tell me his impressions. Can I send it over an email address? It's mp3 on 192 kbps. I have higher res if needed. And as for Gilbert + Purcell,

"Steve contributed to the background work and animation for several LucasArts adventure games in the early 1990s. The most popular of the games he worked on were the first two Monkey Island games."

Wiki strikes again!
Cooool.
Send the file to nicfittest[at]gmail[dot]com

damn wiki . But come on, the creator was Ron Gilbert, no matter how much purcell "contributed to the background work and animation". I win. HA!
Chout pm me/mail me the links and maybe a pic you want me to up in your "profile".
Old 06.20.2007, 03:26 AM   #231
nicfit
invito al cielo

Ha ha, _slavo_ always complains , but he's one of the very few chosen to give me some feedback on the blogsite. I promise I'll up all the songs as soon as:
1. Danny sends me the tracklist he's thinking about.
2. Chout+max send their track.

3. Buzzo, guess you+chout+neongod will end on vol.2 , unless everything goes REALLLLLLYYYYY fast.
Old 06.20.2007, 07:33 AM   #232
nicfit
invito al cielo

Got the last song for vol one.
Question for all you guys involved:
I think I'll leave the files just like they are, no "normalization" to make the volume even on all tracks and stuff, ok?
Now I'll just put the tracklist together, tag the files and up them In a few hours you will all have the vol.1 mp3s available, for the finely tuned site it will take a bit longer, but have faith. Mkay?
Danny, if you can come on mns, thanks.
Old 06.20.2007, 08:29 AM   #233
max
expwy. to yr skull

sounds cool to me. If you need help to do a proper master / normalize session for all of the files involved, count me in.
Old 06.20.2007, 09:02 AM   #234
nicfit
invito al cielo

I'm upping the archive with all the songs on badongo, so you guys will have a link to all the things while I take my time putting together the "site", I'm adding a few links on there, for now just one for each contributor (some of you have more than one) as soon as I finish preparing the "profiles" I'll add there all the infos + image if needed. Plus, I still have to work on the "real" cover , I added a little temporary one in the zipped folder. As soon as I finish upping it to badongo, I'll up song by song on my webspace, so the files will be donwloadable directly from the blogspot page, and I will add a player to "preview" the tracks (think I'll reencode them in a more streaming-friendly format) on the site too. YEAH! . Lots of things to "tweak" , but eventually everything will be fine and GREAT, keep the faith, ha ha!

Oh, max it would be great to have all the files "properly" normalized, actually... guess I'll wait for the "definitive" version before putting them in the site or giving the archive link to the "wide audience" of the board? Any input/comments on this are welcome.
Old 06.20.2007, 09:45 AM   #235
nicfit
invito al cielo

...Well, I put the link to the archive on there, so here we go...
Sonic Youth Gossip Tribute Albums Blogspot page Grand Opening!
as I said, some more nice things will be added in the next few days, till then
comments are welcome, paypal donations are more then welcome. ha ah.
Old 06.20.2007, 10:20 AM   #236
max
expwy. to yr skull

It looks great nic! killer work! I'm down for that. It would be great to have this one turned into a sticky...

BTW if we can't get official support on this, I think we should just get together the $$$ for a .com site and put everything in there. Just my proposal.
Old 06.20.2007, 10:23 AM   #237
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah baby!

We should all give our infinite thanks to nicfit for getting the blogspot work done and uploading all of the files to the internet matrix. He's done a hell of a lot of work.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.20.2007, 10:24 AM   #238
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicfit
...Well, I put the link to the archive on there, so here we go...
Sonic Youth Gossip Tribute Albums Blogspot page Grand Opening!
as I said, some more nice things will be added in the next few days, till then
comments are welcome, paypal donations are more then welcome. ha ah.

that is awesome, its taking so long to download, btw
Old 06.20.2007, 10:27 AM   #239
jico.
expwy. to yr skull

jico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's asses
good job everyone.
jico. is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.20.2007, 10:30 AM   #240
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
I'll be taking so long to download because about 3497249752 people are eagerly downloading the sonic goodness right now.

I updated the first post of this thread, if you can all check it out.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
91011 12 131415 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth