Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page forgotten masterpieces 4: Z-Violence Action
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.14.2009, 02:58 PM   #1
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
I absolutely love Japanese Hardcore, like most Japanese variations of Western music, it is waaay filthier, noisier, and even artier in a lot of ways than the American ad European Scenes. Records like the Violent Party Compilation and the first S.O.D. demo and G.I.S.M.'s "Detestation" absolutely blew my mind when I first heard them. As someone who aligns himself with Punk/Rock as much as I do Experimental stuff, this stuff sounded like a reveltion. None of the bands on those records can compare to the chaos that Z brews up. I mean, these are barely songs. It in a way reminds me of what the early sightings records were doing wth Art-Punk; yknow, when the band get soo loud that it resembles someone simultaneopusly ripping the chords out of about 20 sets of amps all stacked to the ceiling and then ctranked to the max, massive noise rock. But then the drum beat comes in in time to be considered a "song". I love music like this, when the music for all its purposes is straight noise but is presented in the context of a rock record, making it far more endearing than your general tape hissing stuff (even though i do love the tape hiss). Im surprised the excellent shit-fi blog hasnt done an article on this. Maybe I will, Ill have to email Stuart Schraeder on that.

You can download this beast at the amazing Cosmic Hease download blog, the dude has one of the most unique and interesting tastes ive ever seen:

http://cosmichearse.blogspot.com/200...ce-action.html

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth