Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Kim Gordon: The way I see it
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.02.2009, 10:15 AM   #21
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
The one thing I disagree w/ Kim is this, she is opposed to mainstream, which I fully agree w/, but yet she supports Obama. When he is the most mainstream, Madison Ave. produced President in history. He's one giant PR stunt.

That goes against everything anti-establishment, & anti-mainstream.

Quote:
Do you love your country?
Yes, of course, it’s the only country I have. But I’m not a big flag flyer.

I do love this response though.
-George Carlin
marleypumpkin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.02.2009, 10:33 AM   #22
RanaldoNecro
expwy. to yr skull

RanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's asses
I think Politics is different because there are only two choices. I am sure there is wild variation on issues in the Democratic and Republican camps.

What I find annoying about her feminist issues (and most feminisim) is that it seems she can't distinguish between men who are privileged...

Most feminists seem to only attack the rich, wealthy guys with power.
Not that 98% who aren't. They don't seem to bother with us...
Old 05.02.2009, 10:40 AM   #23
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by RanaldoNecro
I think Politics is different because there are only two choices. I am sure there is wild variation on issues in the Democratic and Republican camps.

There is always a third choice, or even fourth choice. Vote for an Independent party (Libertarians, Green Party). You don't always have to settle for a certain candidate if it's obvious to someone that they are out for more power than to change things for the betterment of the general public.

Or, just don't vote. Which is what I did.
-George Carlin
marleypumpkin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.02.2009, 11:20 AM   #24
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
yeah, like there would be not any nonpolitical, independent educated and qualified people into that matter. Democrat, Republican, Independent it's all same these days, no? maybe Republicans are less evil, but either them or Republicans, always having in view concerns of certain groups behind it all on the first place. I'm surprised she mentioned O. I didn't like Bush either and it must be much better atmosphere not having him around, but if it is going to change something. I think JFK was last real president......I don't know....hope I'm wrong and he'll actually change things towards better times....we'll see. I think that Obama's Deception documentary had a big impact on me, hahaha. after seeing it I'm skeptical him being a good adviser. hope I'm wrong and it is all conspiracy theories.

nice interview.

cheers Moshe!

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.02.2009, 02:56 PM   #25
l'voyeur
bad moon rising

l'voyeur kicks all y'all's assesl'voyeur kicks all y'all's assesl'voyeur kicks all y'all's assesl'voyeur kicks all y'all's assesl'voyeur kicks all y'all's assesl'voyeur kicks all y'all's assesl'voyeur kicks all y'all's assesl'voyeur kicks all y'all's assesl'voyeur kicks all y'all's assesl'voyeur kicks all y'all's assesl'voyeur kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by marleypumpkin
The one thing I disagree w/ Kim is this, she is opposed to mainstream

she isn't opposed to mainstream...
...she told "we are an alternative to mainstream" ...She enjoy many mainstream things...
l'voyeur is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.02.2009, 03:12 PM   #26
ihateyouth
children of satan

ihateyouth kicks all y'all's assesihateyouth kicks all y'all's assesihateyouth kicks all y'all's assesihateyouth kicks all y'all's assesihateyouth kicks all y'all's assesihateyouth kicks all y'all's assesihateyouth kicks all y'all's assesihateyouth kicks all y'all's assesihateyouth kicks all y'all's assesihateyouth kicks all y'all's assesihateyouth kicks all y'all's asses
Thank you so much! Great interview. I admire Kim's ability to express her thoughts, she's great.

ihateyouth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.05.2009, 09:58 AM   #27
negative8ball
bad moon rising

negative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decayed Rhapsody
I think hating Damien Hirst is an American thing. I'm indifferent. Do any Brits hate him?

Maybe Canadian too... I was ambivalent to him until he tried to sue that teenage kid who appropriated the skull into a collage he was working on - that's just a screwjob. Forced the kid to pay back £200-300 - like it mattered to Hirst... thankfully some other artists took up the cause to raise the money and help the kid out... but it was a brutal story... so petty.
negative8ball is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.05.2009, 03:18 PM   #28
RanaldoNecro
expwy. to yr skull

RanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's asses
Like much of Brit Art he seems to be a 'look at me making art' kind of artist rather than a creator of art.

I would agree with this statement. It is like someone gives them the nod and they start to act arty. It is just a token cover up to guise their Englishness...

Damien Hirst could also get to a point of little or no censorship in his creations. Acting the role of artist might certainly bring out some great art. In fact it is probably half the battle...

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth