Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page MONPLAISIR the agreement LP (for fans of T Moore / SY / Pavement etc)
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.13.2019, 08:52 AM   #1
jlnpgt
little trouble girl

jlnpgt kicks all y'all's assesjlnpgt kicks all y'all's assesjlnpgt kicks all y'all's assesjlnpgt kicks all y'all's assesjlnpgt kicks all y'all's assesjlnpgt kicks all y'all's assesjlnpgt kicks all y'all's assesjlnpgt kicks all y'all's assesjlnpgt kicks all y'all's assesjlnpgt kicks all y'all's assesjlnpgt kicks all y'all's asses
hello friends

I'm posting here about a new LP that I just released on my DIY label called... Echo Canyon !
well, I just released the 1st full length of a local bad called Monplaisir that I'm sure you guys will enjoy because you have great tastes. It is obviously influenced by SY, but also by all the alt / college 90s indie scene. The guys don't play that much show but their music is mind-blowing and I'm really stoked to release this album. Do yourself a favor and check them out !

from Stereogum
Monplaisir come from the French city of Lyon, and they play a tingly, romantic form of indie rock. There’s a lot of melody to the band’s sound, but it’s shaped out of eerie, ringing, vaguely discordant guitar sounds. The band’s style reminds me a bit of Built To Spill or Unwound, and we don’t get too many new bands these days who recall names like that. Monplaisir released a demo in 2016, and they’re just about to come out with their grand, searching, gentle debut album The Agreement. It’s a lovely record, and if you’ve been missing that old guitar-centric indie rock sound, it should do the trick. And the 15-minute closing track “Hey John” is fucking epic. Check it out below.

listen to it here :
https://echocanyonrecords.bandcamp.c...-the-agreement

you'll also be able to order your physical copy on bandcamp, or on echocanyonrecords.com

it looks like this

thanks !!
jlnpgt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth