Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page louder's hip-hop café V
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.21.2016, 11:14 PM   #821
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Also i checked out noisereduction website? Dude that place rocks im gonna have to hang out there when i get time a reminisce BUT how the fuck are you missing the two greatest games for dreamcast?

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.22.2016, 12:17 AM   #822
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Hey, what's the consensus here about Yo Gotti?
I gave his new album a brief Spotify listen, and it had a couple nice moments.

Something you might be into, SFAD. E-40 feature on one track. I've never fucked with this guy before and I didn't hear enough to convince me that he's worth it, but it had some moments. Deserves a few more listens for sure.

OH, also what's the deal with this beef between Young Thug and GAME? Game made some comment about beating the diva out of that girl or something. Not quoting here, just paraphrasing. Why's Thug suddenly sucking Wayne's crotchety old dick and jumping all over Future and Game?
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.22.2016, 12:18 AM   #823
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
My grandma's 91st birthday actually.

Oh. Cheers, then!
Old 02.22.2016, 07:01 AM   #824
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Dont worry suchfriends. I will write about all the games eventually haha.

I have owned both games. I had the LE of Shenmue w/ soundtrack even. But a few years back I sold a lot of my collection when building a new PC. Now I'm re-collecting a lot of stuff which has been giving me good excuse to write about the stuff I'm playing and re-playing.
Old 02.22.2016, 01:51 PM   #825
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
I think MSR remains the all time greatest racing game by every definition

Old 02.22.2016, 02:06 PM   #826
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
I think MSR remains the all time greatest racing game by every definition

it is really really impressive.

But I'm one who prefers arcade racing over realistic/sim racing.

I'm a big Daytona USA guy for instance.

But MSR is genius w/ the whole day/night cycle and all that based on historical data. (Funny enough, Shenmue does that same haha)
Old 02.22.2016, 05:42 PM   #827
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.metacritic.com/music/the-...blo/kanye-west

78 on Metacritic now.. should be way lower in my opinion but whatever.
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.22.2016, 05:49 PM   #828
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_green
Yeezus is no.1. I mean wow!!! this album. MDTF is second but I hate 'Monster". shit sucks.

on another revisited tip: The Infamous has my fav old skool ny beats.

Yeezus is crazy super awesome, it's true. And while I used to absolutely love "Monster," I tend to skip it now. Yeah, it has Nikki's all time best career verse, but it also kinda pales in comparison to "So Appalled," the other big mega banger group singalong on the album. I still like the song, but it's gone from brig one of the albums highlights to being one of the least impressive moments on the record.

My shit is MBDTF because it's the album that really made me say "ok, I can't argue against this asshole anymore. This puts everything else in the world to shame." But Yeezus and Graduation and TLOP are all potential runners up, depending on my mood.

FUCK YEAH THE INFAMOUS! I'm still pretty much a Wu-Tang guy when it comes to the '90s, but Infamous is one of the best hip-hop records of that decade. Beat wise it's up there with Illmatic.
Old 02.22.2016, 06:01 PM   #829
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
http://www.metacritic.com/music/the-...blo/kanye-west

78 on Metacritic now.. should be way lower in my opinion but whatever.

I still haven't read a bad review. After a week with the "finished" album (at least, the most finished one we have), I am still playing it daily. I stopped following Ye on Twitter, so I don't know the current status of things, but I still feel like this is a dope ass album.

Of course, I'm having little revelations about it all the time. For instance, I don't think the album or Kanye in general can be discussed within the confines of the hip-hop or rap genres anymore. There's not enough rapping on TLOP for it to be compared to more straightforward shit. As such, I don't fault Kanye for not rapping more on the record.

Also, I wonder what the he'll possessed him to plug Thugger in instead of Madonna. That's just goddamn insane.

Also, Chris Brown is a terrible human being and I can't believe he's been able to win over the public again and get so many rappers to embrace him. I don't like the fact that he's on "Waves" and I don't like the fact that Kanye is ok with working with his bitchass.

Also, another solid verse on 30 hours before riding into "last call" territory would have been nice.

So I can see how some folks would be disappointed with it. I really can. I'm just glad I like it so damn much. Wonder what's going to become of that "OG" material. And this whole "will he/won't he" release it thing has got me kinda wound up. Like, I'm in a constant state of low level anxiety. It's like a New Year's ball stopped dropping and just hovered above the pavement in Times Square... makes me feel oddly ungrounded.
Old 02.22.2016, 06:03 PM   #830
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Bleh.. Kanye felt like MBDTF was pretentious and he was trying too hard to impress others.
Old 02.22.2016, 06:06 PM   #831
louder
invito al cielo

It's been a great year for R&B with 3 great albums (Malibu, In My Mind and We Are KING).. even though I don't like TLOP, we're gonna get some new-old Dilla later this year.. Drake's album could possibly be good. Schoolboy, Isaiah, Chance, Earl..
Old 02.22.2016, 06:17 PM   #832
louder
invito al cielo

"The doctor said I had blood cloots, but I ain't Jamaican, man"

Old 02.22.2016, 06:27 PM   #833
Severian
invito al cielo

I don't understand what's happening right now. But I'm feeling the urge to bombard louder with questions about how and why he doesn't like this or that song, so imma okay it cool and shut the fuck up.

But I will say that the idea that neither Drake nor Schoolboy Q nor Isaiah have ever done anything half as interesting as Kanye's weakest shit. The idea that they might drop something that y'all like more than TLOP is both hilarious and terrifying.

Old 02.22.2016, 06:38 PM   #834
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
Bleh.. Kanye felt like MBDTF was pretentious and he was trying too hard to impress others.

He did? Does that mean he doesn't like it because so many people were so impressed by it? Man, poor guy. He could make an album that made everything before it look like dicksweat, and still there would be a contingent of people who thought it was shit. Then those people would go listen to Fettt Wap and be like "aww yeah! Totally boring normal ass shit!"

Sorry. Not talkin about you louder. I'm taking about some of the really shitty fans I've seen on Ye's Twitter feed. Some of those people are just absolute cunts. They really want to see him as more than a person. And even if they like him they're always looking for a good celebrity downfall to drool over in between jerkoff sessions at their PC. jerk off, troll, complain, jerk off, troll complain...
Old 02.22.2016, 06:40 PM   #835
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
don't trust payed record reviewers. just trust louder.

my man knows TLOP is a flop with untapped potential.

I like trusting my earholes and brainfeelies.
Old 02.22.2016, 06:47 PM   #836
louder
invito al cielo

I'm actually quite pessimistic about this upcoming Drake album. I don't know why.
Old 02.22.2016, 08:38 PM   #837
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Sighs.. pepper you keep pointing out all the reasons i didn't dig Yeezus

Old 02.22.2016, 09:08 PM   #838
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
"I can hold my liquid, but this man can't handle his weed".

sirly, Yeezus should start it's own genres.

Dude those aren't the lyrics. Unless I'm totally goddamn talking out of my morhetfucking ass here, the intro is:
"I can hold my liquor
What this man can't handle is me"

And then the verse starts:
"I can't handle no liquor
But these bitches can't handle me"

And then blah blah, "say you know me my nigga, but you really just know the old me..."

And then it's all like.. All like.. Fucking going off the chain like..
BITCH I'M BACK OUT MY COMA...

Yeah man. That song gets me so fucking pumped and pissed off and sad and then I cry and then I pinch stuff and then I think my girlfriend doesn't deserve my shit and then I think "fuck y'all! Bitch I'm back out my coma."

When I think about how deeply emotional and confessional that dog gets, part of me does wish there was something like that on TLOP. But I love all of Kanye's music, bras. Love it all. College Dropout is kinda lame as hell at this point, but I still love it. It's all so goddamn good.
Old 02.22.2016, 09:18 PM   #839
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
you can go back ahead and talk about yr boring trap lame rap shit taco shit Future and king shit loser oh shit, Young Thug crap.

I love you guys but I hate u guys for liking diarrhea shit.

never gonna be down with Atlanta ignorance.

I don't think that many of us listen to that shit.

Man I Fucking hate Young Thug. Best thing he's ever done is appear on TLOP. And I'm very touch and go with Future. As a person and an artist, I think he's bullshit. But he still makes good bangers sometimes. Or rather his producers do.

I feel less sure about Future than I do about Drake. Drake's a much bigger bitch, and he disgusts me with his face and his dancing. But at least he's made a truly good album or two. And sometimes I don't even like the albums I do like!

I feel you. I am all about being anti-bullshit samey same rap crap, but I think most of the regulars feel that way.
Old 02.22.2016, 09:26 PM   #840
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
I could have sworn I heard those lyrics as what I heard.

I'm sure it was what your heard. I'm not giving you shit, I'm just saying... y'know... What you heard is not necessarily what's actually there.

One of my favorite moments in recorded Kanye history is the "I can't handle no liquor" because what the fuck kinda rapper says that? It's so unexpected.

But the rest of the lyrics are just amazing.

When I park my Range Rover
Slightly scratch your Corolla
Okay, I smashed your Corolla
I'm hanging on a hangover
Five years we been over
Ask me why I came over
One more hit and I can own ya
One more fuck and I can own ya

I mean, come on... "Slightly scratch your Corolla / Ok I smashed your Corolla" ... I don't care what anyone says, that's brilliant songwriting. Another one of those sinner/Saint songs where Ye's internal monologue is at constant war with itself.

Might be my #2 favorite Ye song of all time. Nothing touches Runawah, but this is damn ass close.
394041 42 4344455292142 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth