Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Have you ever thought of quitting your job?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.29.2007, 09:49 AM   #21
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
American Beauty style. Difficult to explain, but in a way i feel underestimated and i feel like telling my bosses to shove this job up their arses. Have you ever done something similar? I don't even have any worries about telling this on the internet anymore.

many times, porkie, i've been fired, i quit, i told them to go fuck themselves, you name it, ive done it. ive quit in good terms and i've quit in bad terms. i also have been politely asked to resign because "i'm obviously not happy" (no kidding! it was a shit job!), and i've been fired with screams as well. all good. then there was shit i grudgingly accepted, but i channeled my anger into political activism-- a waste of fucking time.

so at some point i decided that i never wanna work for a boss again, so i started my business, which was a bit of a struggle, but eventually is working out. however, i still have to do business with jackasses on a regular basis.-- i fired this client the other day. she was a total bitch, and the trouble she caused was not worth what she was paying. she called at nights and on sundays to ask about her project. sorry lady but fuck off!!

about quitting: the thing about lester though (in american beauty) is that thanks to his blackmail he was able to walk out of the job with a nice severance package that had him covered for a long time-- hence the muscle car & high quality weed purchases.

start shoving your resume around & asking people to connect you with some work. it's a lot easier to find new work when you're employed, because you don't have to provide explanations for the, shall we say, gaps in your work history. chill out & relax & buy some nice 100% cotton paper & start tweaking your resume. after you've been hired for the new job you can tell your bosses whatever you want, but it's better to kiss a little ass because of the references and what not.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.29.2007, 09:58 AM   #22
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
i have wanted to shout and tell the boss of jobs i quit to go fuck themselves but i needed the reference so i had to be polite. i have been colse though on many occasions.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.29.2007, 10:07 AM   #23
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
many times, porkie, i've been fired, i quit, i told them to go fuck themselves, you name it, ive done it. ive quit in good terms and i've quit in bad terms. i also have been politely asked to resign because "i'm obviously not happy" (no kidding! it was a shit job!), and i've been fired with screams as well. all good. then there was shit i grudgingly accepted, but i channeled my anger into political activism-- a waste of fucking time.

so at some point i decided that i never wanna work for a boss again, so i started my business, which was a bit of a struggle, but eventually is working out. however, i still have to do business with jackasses on a regular basis.-- i fired this client the other day. she was a total bitch, and the trouble she caused was not worth what she was paying. she called at nights and on sundays to ask about her project. sorry lady but fuck off!!

about quitting: the thing about lester though (in american beauty) is that thanks to his blackmail he was able to walk out of the job with a nice severance package that had him covered for a long time-- hence the muscle car & high quality weed purchases.

start shoving your resume around & asking people to connect you with some work. it's a lot easier to find new work when you're employed, because you don't have to provide explanations for the, shall we say, gaps in your work history. chill out & relax & buy some nice 100% cotton paper & start tweaking your resume. after you've been hired for the new job you can tell your bosses whatever you want, but it's better to kiss a little ass because of the references and what not.
Wow, you have quite a little bit of history behind you, haven't you? I never shouted at any of my bosses but in my teens and early 20's i simply walked out on a couple of jobs without a word. Simply, put my jacket on and left. I worked for the same company for nearly 9 years, so i've never really had a gap between jobs.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.29.2007, 10:10 AM   #24
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Wow, you have quite a little bit of history behind you, haven't you? I never shouted at any of my bosses but in my teens and early 20's i simply walked out on a couple of jobs without a word. Simply, put my jacket on and left. I worked for the same company for nearly 9 years, so i've never really had a gap between jobs.

yeah. i've never had a job that i really loved doing until now, and i suck at putting up with crap. 9 years! unthinkable for me. im a bit of a hothead-- can't you tell?
Old 03.29.2007, 10:12 AM   #25
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Simply, put my jacket on and left.

how very English Gentleman.

here in Amerika, we scream, draw our weapons and smear Big Macs in each other's faces.

there have been plenty of jobs that I've wanted to quit but didn't because I'm too lazy to look for another. I tend to stay at jobs a looong time.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.29.2007, 10:16 AM   #26
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
haha yes it seems someone in an office often loses it when they get fired and come back and finish off the people they worked with.

V

_ \ / _
/ \

Old 03.29.2007, 10:18 AM   #27
sarramkrop

I'm Italian, not English. If someone annoys me enough, i'd just walk away rather than having a confrontation with them. That's not just something to do with work, though.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.29.2007, 10:21 AM   #28
sarramkrop

Quote:
yeah. i've never had a job that i really loved doing until now, and i suck at putting up with crap. 9 years! unthinkable for me. im a bit of a hothead-- can't you tell?
Did you ever end up in a physical fight because of work? Now, there's something that is unthinkable for me. I'm not good at fighting, anyway. Besides, i've never been in that sort of situation in the workplace.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.29.2007, 10:28 AM   #29
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
I'm Italian, not English. If someone annoys me enough, i'd just walk away rather than having a confrontation with them. That's not just something to do with work, though.

ha ha, if i get loud and gesticulate and move my hands a lot does that make me more italian than you? do you remember the dad in "malena"? i can be like that sometimes, ha ha ha. im definitely not anglosaxon...

funny thing, some of those people i yelled at (they yelled first, im not a dog) wanted to hire me again! ha ha!

but anyway, i should get out of here & on to work. have fun & "see you" later.
Old 03.29.2007, 10:38 AM   #30
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Did you ever end up in a physical fight because of work? Now, there's something that is unthinkable for me. I'm not good at fighting, anyway. Besides, i've never been in that sort of situation in the workplace.

god no! i yell at people because they think they are "the boss" and can bark orders at you. fuck that!

o wait yes yes yes i did but it was like this

i was a waiter & this little jackass actor had a station next to mine. he was trying to pick on me because i was new & that gave him a feeling of superiority or something.

we exchanged words, i told him to stay out of my way-- just, don't bug me. well, he needed to continue the provocations, so whe he went past me the next time & he coughed right into my face. right there like 1 inch close-- fucking gross! stinky bastard.

would i let such a slight go by unpunished? not in a million years of course. i wasn't bred to take shit from people.

so the next time we went past each other i leaned into him & elbowed him in the ribs real good-- i put in shoulder, elbow, and my full weight. mind you, im pretty solidly built. he went down on the ground with his tray in a big racket of silverware & lost air & almost cried. i had a moment of gleeful satisfaction.

of course the manager called us together, the other guy made a lot more than me for the place (i'm a terrible waiter, he was an actor), so i got fired that day.

funny thing is--- they did me a favor. i HATED waiting tables, i was making shit money, and i detested their little pecking order and pedestrian minds. so i put on a jacket & tie, and went to look for work in a temp agency-- what happened afterwards was a lot of fun.

but i really need to go make breakfast & start working.

have fun porks.
Old 03.29.2007, 11:01 AM   #31
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I'm Italian, not English..

MY BAD!

Quote:
If someone annoys me enough, i'd just walk away rather than having a confrontation with them. That's not just something to do with work, though

that's fine and all, but let's talk again after an amazon gorilla backs you into corner. whatchugonnado????
Old 03.29.2007, 11:04 AM   #32
sarramkrop

I'd throw some nuts at him., maybe a stone or two and i'd go: ''ARRRRGHHHH!!!!''.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.29.2007, 11:05 AM   #33
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
then there was shit i grudgingly accepted, but i channeled my anger into political activism-- a waste of fucking time.

Political Activisim?
SynthethicalY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.29.2007, 11:07 AM   #34
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

Quote:
I'd throw some nuts at him., maybe a stone or two and i'd go: ''ARRRRGHHHH!!!!''.

that didn't scare me one bit.

if it didn't scare me, it sure isn't going to phase an amazon gorilla.
Old 03.29.2007, 11:09 AM   #35
sarramkrop

Ok then. what about this?

''Go away! Go Away! Arrghhhhhh!!!! Go Away! You're bad!Bad!Bad!!!!Go away!!''
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.29.2007, 11:11 AM   #36
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
You must... before giving it to sarramkrop again.
SynthethicalY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.29.2007, 12:05 PM   #37
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SynthethicalY
Political Activisim?

worker's rights! worker's rights!

don't ask...
Old 03.29.2007, 12:09 PM   #38
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

Quote:
Ok then. what about this?

''Go away! Go Away! Arrghhhhhh!!!! Go Away! You're bad!Bad!Bad!!!!Go away!!''

amazon gorillas can smell yr fear!
Old 03.29.2007, 10:12 PM   #39
SonikJesus
the end of the ugly

SonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's asses
Every day I think about quitting my job. But I need money to make my car payments. I barely make enough every month.
SonikJesus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.30.2007, 05:21 AM   #40
jon boy
invito al cielo

its 11.11 and i have thought about it six times already today.

once i was nearly on the verge of doing it.

V

_ \ / _
/ \

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth