Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page keiji haino playing w. tony conrad in glasgow
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.19.2006, 08:38 AM   #21
whorefrost
invito al cielo

whorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asses
haha, i know where you're coming from...
i saw him at subcurrent. an hour and a half of drone. first half hour was okay and then it was like... okay... we get it...
Old 10.19.2006, 08:41 AM   #22
whorefrost
invito al cielo

whorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asses
then wolf eyes played after him and after their set finished, everyone was yelling for an encore and I shouted
"come on, we hadda sit thru fucking tony conrad!"
i'm sure i saw john olsen smirk
Old 10.19.2006, 08:44 AM   #23
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
I would rep you, but, well, you know...
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.19.2006, 08:49 AM   #24
whorefrost
invito al cielo

it's okay, i understand
Old 10.19.2006, 09:18 AM   #25
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by whorefrost
were you there glice?

Nope. I saw him in Newcastle last year doing the four-hour monster show, which was the best show I've ever seen. I contend that there is no-one else in the world who could play for that length of time and still merit an encore. I also saw the two London shows this year, which were also awesome, but not quite as monolithic. If I had a criticism of the London shows, it would be that they were too short, which is the best kind of criticism methinks.

I'm quite enjoying this live show, I'm about 20 minutes in. Conrad's starting to come to the forefront a bit more. To be fair though, it could quite easily be Haino with his loops... it's very much Haino's gig so far. Then again, he played with one of the most dominating drummers playing at the moment (Corsano) and left him for dead. He's just phenomenal this man. In ancient times they'd start religions for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.19.2006, 10:30 AM   #26
whorefrost
invito al cielo

there were moments when Conrad seemed a bit unsure of what to do... at least that's how it seemed... Haino was very much at the forefront throughout...

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth