Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page ATP NEWS!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.28.2006, 05:34 PM   #1
No Star
little trouble girl

No Star is a splendid one to beholdNo Star is a splendid one to beholdNo Star is a splendid one to beholdNo Star is a splendid one to beholdNo Star is a splendid one to beholdNo Star is a splendid one to beholdNo Star is a splendid one to beholdNo Star is a splendid one to behold
It has happened atp mightmare before christmas is officialy the best festival ever!

Sonic Youth
Iggy and the Stooges
Deerhoof
Melvins
Magik Markers
Jackie o Motherfucker

and now news!¬!!

Dinosaur Jr and Gang of Four!!!!

fucking hell at home i feel like a tourist!! in the uk all those bands!!!!

"Whats comes first, the music or the words."
No Star is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.28.2006, 07:18 PM   #2
Gookid
children of satan

Gookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to behold
What does Jackie O sound like?
Nice lineup!

"Yes, I am a fag. Thanks for noticing!"
--HaydenAsche
Gookid is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.28.2006, 07:22 PM   #3
SubSonicPumpAction
little trouble girl

SubSonicPumpAction kicks all y'all's assesSubSonicPumpAction kicks all y'all's assesSubSonicPumpAction kicks all y'all's assesSubSonicPumpAction kicks all y'all's assesSubSonicPumpAction kicks all y'all's assesSubSonicPumpAction kicks all y'all's assesSubSonicPumpAction kicks all y'all's assesSubSonicPumpAction kicks all y'all's assesSubSonicPumpAction kicks all y'all's assesSubSonicPumpAction kicks all y'all's assesSubSonicPumpAction kicks all y'all's asses
Jackie O' Motherfucker are an amazing group of sound artists. The albums vary though. Some of them are quite abrasive and others are quite pretty. It depends. Great lineup. The mother fucking MELVINS with the guys from big business playing probably.

HAVE FUN you lucky bastards
SubSonicPumpAction is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.28.2006, 07:28 PM   #4
nomadicfollower
invito al cielo

nomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's asses
Insane lineup.
nomadicfollower is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.28.2006, 07:32 PM   #5
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Lucky English bastards.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.28.2006, 07:37 PM   #6
Gookid
children of satan

Gookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubSonicPumpAction
Jackie O' Motherfucker are an amazing group of sound artists. The albums vary though. Some of them are quite abrasive and others are quite pretty. It depends. Great lineup. The mother fucking MELVINS with the guys from big business playing probably.

HAVE FUN you lucky bastards
Very cool- thanks for the review.

Don't worry about the Melvins, though- at least you can see them later this fall. They're planning a big tour, and they usually end or start in California (near Tarzana, I assume.) Buzz's wife designed a toy they're going to be selling on the tour, among other things.

"Yes, I am a fag. Thanks for noticing!"
--HaydenAsche
Gookid is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.30.2006, 12:07 PM   #7
eatmychild
children of satan

eatmychild kicks all y'all's asseseatmychild kicks all y'all's asseseatmychild kicks all y'all's asseseatmychild kicks all y'all's asseseatmychild kicks all y'all's asseseatmychild kicks all y'all's asseseatmychild kicks all y'all's asseseatmychild kicks all y'all's asseseatmychild kicks all y'all's asseseatmychild kicks all y'all's asseseatmychild kicks all y'all's asses
Fuck Yeh I'm going, it's gonna be the best weekend of my life. When I bought my ticket (months ago) I had fantasies of Dinosaur Jr. being added, but I never imagined the Melvins would be there.
Thurston's choice is impeccable.
Old 06.30.2006, 12:09 PM   #8
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Why can't I find any Melvins records in my local stores? I'm not one to do a lot of special ordering, unless it's something I really, really want. I figure that helps control the habit a little, since there's always something in the bins to buy anyway. So I've been like looking for years, and nothing ever shows up. What's the deal? Is everything they've ever done out of print?
gmku is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.30.2006, 06:14 PM   #9
RoadkillKid
little trouble girl

RoadkillKid kicks all y'all's assesRoadkillKid kicks all y'all's assesRoadkillKid kicks all y'all's assesRoadkillKid kicks all y'all's assesRoadkillKid kicks all y'all's assesRoadkillKid kicks all y'all's assesRoadkillKid kicks all y'all's assesRoadkillKid kicks all y'all's assesRoadkillKid kicks all y'all's assesRoadkillKid kicks all y'all's assesRoadkillKid kicks all y'all's asses
I've just booked my 4 berth chalet for this mean-ass motherfucker of a festival. Not cheap.. but hey, that's the benefit of being in gainful employment.

The wait is already killing me.
RoadkillKid is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.30.2006, 06:47 PM   #10
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
oh great, dinosnore jr. hurry up and add hijokaidan and fushitsusha!
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.30.2006, 07:00 PM   #11
Iain
invito al cielo

Iain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's asses
You wish!

I think all the interesting bands have been picked now I think. Last few announcements have been yawnful stuff like Gang of Four, MC5 and Dino Jr. Not necesarrily bad bands or anything but reunions which usually means boring. I'm fairly sure I'll go and watch whatever is on one of the other stages when those 3 are on.
Iain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.01.2006, 05:36 AM   #12
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
insane lineup indeed!
cant wait to see sy, mciaa live!
greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.01.2006, 09:55 AM   #13
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
oh great, dinosnore jr. hurry up and add hijokaidan and fushitsusha!

And NNCK. You forgot NNCK.

And Arthur Doyle.

You forgot them. With your mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.01.2006, 10:09 AM   #14
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
NNCK should be playing there... last month at a gig of theirs i had two band members separate from each other telling me they would be playing there...

i want to see the boredoms being added.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.01.2006, 01:44 PM   #15
Iain
invito al cielo

Iain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's asses
I'd like Sunroof! or some other Matthew Bower type project and maybe Vibracathedral Orchestra as well.
Iain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.01.2006, 06:31 PM   #16
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
well, i say add hijokaidan & fushitsusha, but i have no idea if i'm actually going to be able to make it to ATP or not
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.02.2006, 02:02 AM   #17
Katy
the destroyed room

Katy kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's asses
I booked my chalet when the only announced artists were Thurston and Iggy (et Co.).

Everything else is gravy... noisy abrasive sledgehammer-migraine-inducing GRAVY. I love it.

God bless Thurston and all who sail in him.

As for Iggy.. I'd beg steal kill and die for Iggy. And have. I'd even go to Butlins for him. Oh yes.
Katy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.02.2006, 02:56 AM   #18
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
the markers are also on the bill as far as i know......
Old 07.02.2006, 03:41 AM   #19
wax
the destroyed room

wax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asses
im praying some japanese bands get added.
wax is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.02.2006, 05:56 AM   #20
No Star
little trouble girl

No Star is a splendid one to beholdNo Star is a splendid one to beholdNo Star is a splendid one to beholdNo Star is a splendid one to beholdNo Star is a splendid one to beholdNo Star is a splendid one to beholdNo Star is a splendid one to beholdNo Star is a splendid one to behold
BeYour Own Pet Confirm!!!

"Whats comes first, the music or the words."
No Star is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth