Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page How do you act at a live gig?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.05.2008, 11:28 AM   #21
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
....................lol
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.05.2008, 11:28 AM   #22
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by whorefrost
I stand up the back, looking perturbed and excited. Then I take scissors from my pocket and cut two convenient holes in my shirt thru which I expose my nipples. Then I tweak my nipples whilst writhing around on the floor shrieking. At this point my eyeballs tend to be rolled back to their whites. Then I simultaneously piss and shit myself.
Hipster
Old 12.05.2008, 11:51 AM   #23
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
i scowl at the fucking scenesters who prefer to yak with their buddies instead of paying attention to the music-- then i come up to their faces and say SHUT THE FUCK UP-- occasionally i pelt them with beer bottles

fuck you, you loudmouth fuck. go to the bar if you're so desperate for flapping your piehole, you twat.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.05.2008, 11:55 AM   #24
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i scowl at the fucking scenesters who prefer to yak with their buddies instead of paying attention to the music-- then i come up to their faces and say SHUT THE FUCK UP-- occasionally i pelt them with beer bottles

fuck you, you loudmouth fuck. go to the bar if you're so desperate for flapping your piehole, you twat.

You are my hero.
Old 12.05.2008, 12:04 PM   #25
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
I hate those kids too. They are usually texting too, which makes no sense. ENJOY THE MUSIC, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!

They are just going so they can say they were there when they go to school the next day.
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.05.2008, 12:06 PM   #26
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
I generally get trashed and shout and throw things.
Old 12.05.2008, 12:42 PM   #27
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
People chat at gigs. It's fine. It's only annoying if it's a quiet band, and in my recent experience, bands tend to be far too loud for no apparent reason. Merzbow needs to be ear-shreddingly loud. Crap indie band does not. I only say this because I get annoyed at having to wear ear-plugs for a band that on record really shouldn't merit it.

Anyway. I tend to like a dance, or a bit of a standing with the beer at the back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.05.2008, 12:45 PM   #28
RdTv
invito al cielo

RdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's asses
I observe,listen and do the head-nod thing. If it is a real doozy of a show I'll dance or do something that slightly resembles dancing
RdTv is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.05.2008, 12:48 PM   #29
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.05.2008, 08:16 PM   #30
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
i'm either taking pictures or yelling "WHOOOO!"

or planning marriages, depending on who's performing.
Old 12.05.2008, 09:00 PM   #31
Death & the Maiden
expwy. to yr skull

Death & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard sucka
I sit or stand still and watch and listen.
Death & the Maiden is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.05.2008, 09:05 PM   #32
deflinus
expwy. to yr skull

deflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's asses
i stand very very still. cross my arms. let my man-bangs cover my eyes. and quietly judge everyone at the gig. i bring over my non-interested friend whom i only converse with, and if anyone tries to talk to us, i utter 2 word responses and pretend that they're not giving me the "fucking weirdo" look.

and when the music becomes somewhat dancey, i stand even more still
deflinus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.05.2008, 09:06 PM   #33
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
like a jerk
I snub people and brush off compliments

oh wait

you mean when someone else is playing?

I go up near the front and watch and enjoy by myself
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.05.2008, 09:07 PM   #34
jennthebenn
expwy. to yr skull

jennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!

I remember this one time, at a Cat Power show in DC...
Old 12.05.2008, 09:23 PM   #35
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

EyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's asses
However the hell I want to.
EyeballGrowth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.05.2008, 09:30 PM   #36
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
I dance if the music is dancey.

I blank if the music is blanky.

Edit:

I shit if the music is shitty.
Old 12.06.2008, 05:00 AM   #37
blunderbuss
invito al cielo

blunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's asses
Quite often these days, like I don't want to be there. Which I frequently don't.

I don't enjoy the live music experience as much I used to. If I had some Harry Potter-esque power to make people disappear, and I could use it on arseholes in the crowd, I'd definitely be a happier gig-goer. Although I'd probably be quite busy making people vanish.
blunderbuss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.06.2008, 07:41 AM   #38
phoenix
invito al cielo

phoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's asses
if its a gig i've paid good money to be at, i'm pretty close to the front or at a suitable vantage.. Whatever suits the band.
If its local or cheap show, i wander around till i find some free space.. Drink a bit. Dance a bit. Sit a bit. Repeat. I like wandering up to the side to check out gear too.
Old 12.06.2008, 12:59 PM   #39
jakeonguitar
bad moon rising

jakeonguitar kicks all y'all's assesjakeonguitar kicks all y'all's assesjakeonguitar kicks all y'all's assesjakeonguitar kicks all y'all's assesjakeonguitar kicks all y'all's assesjakeonguitar kicks all y'all's assesjakeonguitar kicks all y'all's assesjakeonguitar kicks all y'all's assesjakeonguitar kicks all y'all's assesjakeonguitar kicks all y'all's assesjakeonguitar kicks all y'all's asses
I go diretly before the stage, usually on the guitarist's side. I let the music determine my motion, i.e. good music is more motion.

Went to see No Age in San Francisco last Thursday. Hipsters out the wazoo, but that didn't stop me from having an amazing time. I got pretty rowdy, but I'm no mosher.

Edit: Oh, and oddly enough I tend to respect girls quite a bit at shows. If they appear to be to pretty/scene/hipster-esque type who would get demolished if I bumped into them, I don't. If they bump into me, however, I am obliged bump back.

jakeonguitar is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.06.2008, 04:03 PM   #40
✌➬
invito al cielo

✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses
I stand stoic and text message all through the performance. If I am with a friend I usually talk, the band is great background music.
✌➬ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth