Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Lee at Film Festival Rotterdam
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.17.2011, 09:18 AM   #1
londondaydream
empty page

londondaydream kicks all y'all's asseslondondaydream kicks all y'all's asseslondondaydream kicks all y'all's asseslondondaydream kicks all y'all's asseslondondaydream kicks all y'all's asseslondondaydream kicks all y'all's asseslondondaydream kicks all y'all's asseslondondaydream kicks all y'all's asseslondondaydream kicks all y'all's asseslondondaydream kicks all y'all's asseslondondaydream kicks all y'all's asses
Lee is one of the jury members of Film Festival Rotterdam's Tiger Awards (competition for promising young film makers). In addition to this, there are two free performances.

monday 31st January 9 pm Lantaren/Venster, Rotterdam.
friday 4th February 6 pm Oude Luxor, Rotterdam.

+ screenings of Simon Werner a Disparu (OST by SY)

should be fun.

(there's also a surprise performance during the festival, could it be...)
londondaydream is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.17.2011, 09:23 AM   #2
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah!

Their was a thread about it earlier.
I think the one on the 31st is with Leah Singer and the 4th is a solo performance.

Didn't know about the Simon Werner a Disparu screenings though... thanks for the info.

edit: 6pm!? I'll have to rush to make it there on time...
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.17.2011, 10:43 AM   #3
EvdWee
100%

EvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard sucka
hm.. i will be deejaying a few days in Lantaarn/Venster during the festival. The Ex is playing there on the first of february.

Hope i can sneak in when Lee is on...
EvdWee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.17.2011, 10:54 AM   #4
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
^^^Cool, didn't know about The Ex either.
I'm guessing they're playing as part of the "Raiding Africa" programme, i.e. probably an "Ethiopian" set w/ maybe guests? EDIT: no, they're not.

It somewhat annoys me that the Film Festival always announces the programme less than a week in advance... as if people don't have other things planned.

Will you be taking requests?
Old 01.18.2011, 01:16 AM   #5
EvdWee
100%

EvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard sucka
as long as we have it on vinyl...
Old 01.18.2011, 11:53 AM   #6
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
shit. that's great!

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.19.2011, 04:10 AM   #7
londondaydream
empty page

londondaydream kicks all y'all's asseslondondaydream kicks all y'all's asseslondondaydream kicks all y'all's asseslondondaydream kicks all y'all's asseslondondaydream kicks all y'all's asseslondondaydream kicks all y'all's asseslondondaydream kicks all y'all's asseslondondaydream kicks all y'all's asseslondondaydream kicks all y'all's asseslondondaydream kicks all y'all's asseslondondaydream kicks all y'all's asses
30 jan.: Andy Moore (The Ex) + Yannis Kyriakides + Joost Rekveld
22:30 Lantaren/Venster. Film + music

1 feb.: The Ex + F.J. Ossang
21:00 lantaren/venster
londondaydream is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.20.2011, 04:38 AM   #8
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

For the awards thing on Feb 4th you need a ticket to get in, but they are free of charge. You can collect them (max 2 per person) at the box office/information desk in De Doelen.

Can't find any info about the performance on the 31st yet, except this:
21:00 IFFR Live Muziek: Lee Ranaldo & Leah Singer - Sight Unseen

It says more info will be on the site soon.

Is Sight Unseen a new show? I wonder how much different it will be to Drift.
Old 01.20.2011, 08:30 AM   #9
EvdWee
100%

i really have to plan my agenda to see if i can check those out.
Old 01.22.2011, 05:19 AM   #10
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

Tickets for Lee/Leah Singer on the 31st cost 5 euro and can be bought here:
http://www.filmfestivalrotterdam.com...-sight-unseen/

Ticket sales started last night and most of the more popular movies have sold out by now. If you want to see Simon Werner A Disparu, there are only two screenings of that and one of them is already sold out:
http://www.filmfestivalrotterdam.com...ner-a-disparu/
Old 01.22.2011, 11:28 AM   #11
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokkeherrie
Tickets for Lee/Leah Singer on the 31st cost 5 euro and can be bought here:
http://www.filmfestivalrotterdam.com...-sight-unseen/

Ticket sales started last night and most of the more popular movies have sold out by now. If you want to see Simon Werner A Disparu, there are only two screenings of that and one of them is already sold out:
http://www.filmfestivalrotterdam.com...ner-a-disparu/
Do you wear clogs when you watch movies in Holland? I read that on a magazine.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.22.2011, 12:50 PM   #12
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
Do you wear clogs when you watch movies in Holland? I read that on a magazine.

Yeah.

It's annoying, but it's the law. If you're not wearing clogs they won't let you into the cinema.
Old 01.25.2011, 07:36 AM   #13
EvdWee
100%

got my ticket for the 31st. and for the next day with the Ex also, of course...

wonder if i will be able to get a ticket for the 4th
Old 01.25.2011, 07:44 AM   #14
rappard
expwy. to yr skull

rappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvdWee
got my ticket for the 31st. and for the next day with the Ex also, of course...

wonder if i will be able to get a ticket for the 4th
I'd be happy to pick one up for you - the box office is near my office. When does the "sale" (they're free, right?) start?

rappard is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.25.2011, 08:31 AM   #15
EvdWee
100%

are you going too?

they are indeed free. today the central cashdesk has opened, so you can collect them there i guess.

thanks!
Old 01.25.2011, 08:53 AM   #16
rappard
expwy. to yr skull

rappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvdWee
are you going too?

they are indeed free. today the central cashdesk has opened, so you can collect them there i guess.

thanks!
Yes, if I can find my clogs.

Will zip round there in a sec, work permitting.

Old 01.25.2011, 09:07 AM   #17
EvdWee
100%

right on! they are open till 21:00
Old 01.25.2011, 09:12 AM   #18
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

^^The central box office has opened today, but the tickets bought online can only be collected from tomorrow onwards. Maybe the same goes for the free tickets, maybe not. I'm waiting until tomorrow or Thursday when it's less busy.
Old 01.25.2011, 09:15 AM   #19
rappard
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokkeherrie
^^The central box office has opened today, but the tickets bought online can only be collected from tomorrow onwards. Maybe the same goes for the free tickets, maybe not. I'm waiting until tomorrow or Thursday when it's less busy.
Good point(s). OK, tomorrow it is then!

Old 01.25.2011, 09:58 AM   #20
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

tomorrow might be really busy though, being the first day that people can collect their online tickets.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth