Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page ATP festival!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.14.2006, 12:31 PM   #241
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
this thread should be stickied!!! soo much good shit on here
Old 12.14.2006, 01:08 PM   #242
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
more photos:
http://74.52.66.98:9014/article/news/40178
Moshe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.14.2006, 06:20 PM   #243
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokkeherrie
i gave them all of to the bald-headed bearded board member who never posts who's going to do the transfers for me, but l'll post them all here when i get them back. i didn't even have time to listen to everything, but the bark haze one sounded quite nice i think.

i should go to bed now but i'm affraid that if i do so now that i won't be able to wake up and go see flaherty/corsano/yeh in a couple of hours... i'll save it up for after that... nice meeting you, jon boy.

Hi Peter.

It's really nice to hear that bark haze came out quite nice. Can't wait, when you'll share recording. Will you put it on dime as well?

Thanks!
greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.14.2006, 06:30 PM   #244
naomi
little trouble girl

naomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's asses
Hey everyone!!

Just got back to seattle last night. I had the flight from hell and going through US customs was FUCKED and I almost passed out in the airport from being awake for 24 hours BUT other than that I had a great fucking time!!!!!!!!

It was so nice seeing my friends again... you know who you are no need to mention names.
it was nice meeting sonic l, jon boy, green light moshe & IAIN

My favorite performances were (in order)
1. Bark Haze ( It was so good I almost peed my pants!! ( haha)
2. Nels & white out. ( I know lots of you missed it but you shouldnt have)
3. sonic youth ( i got the sat show that had the better set list besides playing teenage riot instead of shaking hell, but I did get the world looks red and they did sound really great)
4. sunburned hand ( first time seeing them and it was beyond amazing)

I also loved deerhoof, bardo, blood stereo and gang of four. and more..

I enjoyed chillin in the chelet watchin thurstons movie picks. downtown 81 was great.

One funny thing that happened: got back to the chelet, was very tired, turned on the TV right on time to see a close up of vincent gallos dick. UMM i was not expecting that... hehheh

other highlights were dancin.. ( especially the shoe dance) thanks tom.

my cam broke so I got no pics, but thankfully there have been some great ones posted.
I hope to see all of you again.
naomi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.14.2006, 06:46 PM   #245
Iain
invito al cielo

Iain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by whorefrost
ha, the lady I was sharing a chalet w/ is in one of the crowd shots from the Ecstatic Peace site

Dude, you're in one of the crowd shots at least...Bark Haze one I think. I am in a couple of the Sunburned/NNCK ones but only really vaguely. There's all sorts of board member action going on down the front of Bark Haze.
Iain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.14.2006, 07:06 PM   #246
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Did anyone get to see and enjoy Nurse With Wound at all?They might have been disappointing to some but they can't be as bad as Sunburned Hand Of The Man.

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.14.2006, 07:26 PM   #247
pantophobia
expwy. to yr skull

pantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's asses
is anyone having problems with the pics on Ecstatic Peace? all i am getting is a small thumbnail
pantophobia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.14.2006, 07:31 PM   #248
pantophobia
expwy. to yr skull

pantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by naomi
One funny thing that happened: got back to the chelet, was very tired, turned on the TV right on time to see a close up of vincent gallos dick. UMM i was not expecting that... hehheh

the reaction was priceless,

the horror of an unknown cock being fellatio ed, until i told you it was gallo and and you got all "Ohhh, *very interested* wow"
pantophobia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.14.2006, 07:59 PM   #249
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
i had a great time, i didn't get caught in any queues, favourite bands were these:

nnck
new blockaders
dead c
stooges
mouthus
benink & brotzman
bardo pond
double leopards
wolf eyes
major stars
and more... the only things that i didn't like were white out & gustafsson/EYE.

cantankerous wasn't there
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.14.2006, 08:16 PM   #250
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Dude, dope jacket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.14.2006, 11:59 PM   #251
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.drownedinsound.com/articles/1412535
Moshe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.15.2006, 12:22 AM   #252
naomi
little trouble girl

naomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's assesnaomi kicks all y'all's asses
I managed to get 2 pics before my cam dies... here they are!!

naomi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.15.2006, 12:30 AM   #253
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
nice, I absolutely love that second shot naomi!

And I see that Lee and Thurston did the guitar "clash" once again. It's awesome seeing that one live!

Old 12.15.2006, 01:10 AM   #254
Jef Mertens
100%

Jef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantophobia
is anyone having problems with the pics on Ecstatic Peace? all i am getting is a small thumbnail

download the viewer at the bottom beneath the thumbnails.
edit: plus don't forget your latest flash

Jef Mertens is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.15.2006, 04:21 AM   #255
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Every time I read something new on this thread the memories it brings back make me wildly happy.

sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.15.2006, 04:23 AM   #256
RdTv
invito al cielo

RdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's asses
Looks like everyone had a killer time.....thanks for all the stories and pics.
RdTv is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.15.2006, 04:52 AM   #257
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
Every time I read something new on this thread the memories it brings back make me wildly happy.

yeah it was a great weekend wasnt it.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.15.2006, 04:52 AM   #258
therealglenstyler
stalker

therealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard sucka
yeah! some awesome pics here, i get mine back today, all 35mm alas but i'll scan any that actually come out
I suspect that taking a whole film from the second row during the stooges was kind of pointless, still you can never have too many blurry shots of flashing colour can you. reading all these posts totally brings it back how great it all was, which is a huge relief as i wasn't sure i could remember anything at all until tues night, pleased to recall that there's a slim chance i amused thurston on sat night when i found myself between him and the guys filming him. mild adversity with the queing but handled with grace and composure by all. next time is all about the chalet with the kitchen for me as i can't face another BK/pizza hut/fish and chips dinner decision but thats small beer really. pleased to hear that me and monkey-face weren't alone in suffering from inordinate sexual frustration, a cursory listen to the tapes reveals that it was a major preoccupation of our chalet for the entire weekend, is minehead on a lay line or something? i still ache, hope it was just the beds.
therealglenstyler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.15.2006, 06:41 AM   #259
toxic johnny
expwy. to yr skull

toxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon boy
yeah it was a great weekend wasnt it.

It's certainly going to take me a long time to forget it... I had so many insane good times...

I am now mourning the loss of all the bands that I wanted to see but had to miss because of scheduling... MCIAA, The Notekillers, Aaron Dilloway, Whiteout, Hair Police, Sun City Girls, Tarpis Tula, Fursaxa, Charalambides, Bardo Pond and Prurient!... would anyone care to share any thoughts on what I missed so that I can make a move towards completing my post Nightmare Before Xmas rehabilitation... thank you in advance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkmarras
Did anyone get to see and enjoy Nurse With Wound at all?

Yes I enjoyed them... they didn't knock my socks off but I really liked what I saw... unfortunately I had to leave before the set finished because I wanted to see Ashtray Navigation play.

toxic johnny is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.15.2006, 06:45 AM   #260
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic johnny
It's certainly going to take me a long time to forget it... I had so many insane good times...

I am now mourning the loss of all the bands that I wanted to see but had to miss because of scheduling... MCIAA, The Notekillers, Aaron Dilloway, Whiteout, Hair Police, Sun City Girls, Tarpis Tula, Fursaxa, Charalambides, Bardo Pond and Prurient!... would anyone care to share any thoughts on what I missed so that I can make a move towards completing my post Nightmare Before Xmas rehabilitation... thank you in advance!

Yes I enjoyed them... they didn't knock my socks off but I really liked what I saw... unfortunately I had to leave before the set finished because I wanted to see Ashtray Navigation play.

you should flog yourself mercilusly for missing them all! thats my advice.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
101112 13 14151623 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth