Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page nirvana people
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.14.2006, 09:58 PM   #41
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturnine
i

that's really all i have to say. i think most SY fans are pretensious indie fucks.

I agree. damned indie hipsters.

"well I say, fuck em, fuck em all man!" thurston

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.14.2006, 10:05 PM   #42
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
What have you all got against hipsters?
Old 06.14.2006, 10:25 PM   #43
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
i think I've already posted about this issue. Unfortunately for those of us who appreciate good music, Kurt Cobain opened up the flood gates for all of this post-2000 musical garbage the floods the airwaves and minds of young people today. When he made it multi-platinum to write three chord punk rock with good solid drum work, yet have apolitical and even nonsensical lyrics, all of a sudden BOOM! here comes emo and screamo and whatever the hell they call this crap thats out these days. I still love you Kurt, but you seriously fucked up there. You created the nineties version of androgenous male rock stars/fans with cute hair and make up.

I don't follow your logic, probably because there is none.

"I sweat like a fucking nun on Sunday...I don't even know what that means."
- Sebastian Bach

luxinterior is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2006, 06:24 AM   #44
shentov
expwy. to yr skull

shentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's asses
i own much nirvana tees from my teenage years. i gave much of them here and there to various people who wanted to wear them becuz there was a time everyone was wearing one. once i saw a metalhead wearing a bleach tee and fucking yelled at him. then i was sorry cuz he told me it was his sis' tee and he got it becuz all of his metalhead shirts was smelly dirty. yuck. i wear nirvana tees from time to time.
once i was wearing a quite broken old in utero shirt and a gilr came and started talking crap like 'i love nirvana, you are unique to wear this t-shirt, it looks old, you have to be wearing it for long time like a true fan". i was like "oh, really, these tees run, thats why i got a nirvana tattoo".
then she asked for my phone number.
she was 14 anyway, so i didnt wanted to bother. its hard to see nirvana people turned into emo/hardcore scenesters a month or two after you had one of these conversations about nirvana and music.
it just makes me sad.
Old 06.15.2006, 08:48 AM   #45
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
kingcoffee, some places are 400 miles away froma decent t shirt place, and hot topic always has tons of teen girls ready to suck it for $20

(that's horrible! I cannot believe I said that, even if it is probably true!)

Yeah, the gothy pierced girl clerk was kinda hot, and "accidentally" walked into the fitting room while I was changing Ts. "Oh, I've never done that before! I'm so sorry." Right... . How old are you??

Anyway, I know it's a terrible place. But I hate shopping on the Internet--all that waiting for the package, not seeing/touching what you're buying before you pay for it, not being able to try it on, etc. About 98 percent of their T-shirt stock is crap, but I've found some good ones in that 2 percent, including my Beastie Boys and Nirvana Ts (I think in fact I took the last ones on the shelf). (And I don't care what anybody says these days about Nirvana--I was a fan BEFORE Nevermind hit the stands, and I still think the band did some awesome things for music. It was the latter-day fans who ruined things by hyping it all out of proportion.)
gmku is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2006, 09:53 AM   #46
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I'm a negative creep! I'm a negative creep! I'm a negative creep and I'm stoned!!!!!

I do not listen to anything but Bleach anymore.

nevermind me and my friends played out hard back in 1991 or so. everything else I could care less.
Old 06.15.2006, 01:56 PM   #47
Macaulay Culkin
little trouble girl

Macaulay Culkin kicks all y'all's assesMacaulay Culkin kicks all y'all's assesMacaulay Culkin kicks all y'all's assesMacaulay Culkin kicks all y'all's assesMacaulay Culkin kicks all y'all's assesMacaulay Culkin kicks all y'all's assesMacaulay Culkin kicks all y'all's assesMacaulay Culkin kicks all y'all's assesMacaulay Culkin kicks all y'all's assesMacaulay Culkin kicks all y'all's assesMacaulay Culkin kicks all y'all's asses
I'd rather get bugged about my shirt than not being able to share the love with anyone.

At least you people have more than three people who know who Sonic Youth is anyway, let alone Nirvana.

So embrace the love, even if they are 14, someone embraced the SY & Nirvana love to me, and look what I've become. A monster who's utterly and completely obsessed with SY.

junkieNOISEjunkie
Macaulay Culkin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2006, 02:18 PM   #48
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
yes! love the youth! they know not what they do, and are learning as we are all. Tekll them their shirt ROCKS. ask them about which songs they like. make them fucking epress their sonic love! SONIC YOUTH!
Old 06.15.2006, 06:57 PM   #49
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
I saw an 'emo' kid wearing a Goo shirt. Black Goo shirt with Black tight jeans and other emo apparel. Pissed me right off. Truely. Sounds elitist, but well... I don't like seeing beautiful things being tampered with.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth