Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Sonic Youth @ State-X New Forms 15-12-2006, The Hague, Netherlands
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.16.2006, 12:00 PM   #81
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

king_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's asses
yeah, sonic didnt play anything of their must see and hear. no kool thing or teenage riot, that really sucked.

yeah the audience was shit, and i should have seen mono
king_buzzo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.16.2006, 12:03 PM   #82
tessel
empty page

tessel has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvdWee
i've seen only two songs of mono cause the talking was too much... on top of that, the sound was always - in every room - too loud, you had always some kind of bass drones... very sad...

I actually found the sound in the Grote Zaal nót too loud, I didn't even needed my earplugs there (which I had lost anyway :S) but in the basement, the sound was way too loud.
tessel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.16.2006, 12:49 PM   #83
Jef Mertens
100%

Jef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's asses
Great pix from SY at State X here

Again by my good pal Tim Broddin

Jef Mertens is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.16.2006, 12:54 PM   #84
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

king_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's asses
thanks
Old 12.16.2006, 01:25 PM   #85
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
it was cool to see thurston giving shout-outs to the julie mittens. they're one of the best things happening in holland at the moment and definitely deserve more recognition. sadly they were clashing with nnck last night so i had to give them a miss this time. i saw them a couple of times earlier this year though and they were absolutely amazing. i hope thurston caught at least some of their set. he couldn't have seen all of it though, because i saw him standing at the side of the stage during the nnck gig too.

i would've liked to see paul labrecque too, but alas he was playing opposite of sonic youth. i'm sure i could've made a better time schedule myself!

is anyone else going to see magik markers and circle tonight? also, tomorrow leslie keffer and the skaters are playing in the hague.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jef Mertens
Great pix from SY at State X here

Again by my good pal Tim Broddin

thanks for that link, jef! very nice... now i don't have to post my crappy ones.
i must have been standing right next to him considering the camera angle. do you know if he took any pics of dream/aktion unit?
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.16.2006, 03:52 PM   #86
EvdWee
100%

EvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by tessel
I actually found the sound in the Grote Zaal nót too loud, I didn't even needed my earplugs there (which I had lost anyway :S) but in the basement, the sound was way too loud.

during sonic youth it was ok, but during mono and masonic youth it was def. too loud...
EvdWee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.16.2006, 06:10 PM   #87
tessel
empty page

Quote:
Originally Posted by king_buzzo
yeah, sonic didnt play anything of their must see and hear. no kool thing or teenage riot, that really sucked.

yeah the audience was shit, and i should have seen mono

Yeah you should have... But we talked to the bandmembers and asked wether they will come again soon, they said yes

Yeah I was kind of suprised that didn't play ány song of Dirty. I really hoped 100%, Drunken Butterfly and Wishfullfilment... But I'm sure this wasn't their last time in Holland so next time more luck
Old 12.16.2006, 06:10 PM   #88
tessel
empty page

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvdWee
during sonic youth it was ok, but during mono and masonic youth it was def. too loud...

Ohya you're right, I remember that too now. But SY was indeed ok.
Old 12.16.2006, 06:29 PM   #89
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

i couldnt go see the julie mittens because i forgot my ticket so i had to go back, stupid huh?

thurston said that they broke the windows or something, this true?

was he at the show, in the crowd?
Old 12.17.2006, 08:56 AM   #90
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

at the dream/aktion unit, please tell me that they only played 2 jamz to like 1 oclock?

or did they come back on stage after everyone left left?
Old 12.17.2006, 01:12 PM   #91
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
they played for about an hour, between midnight and 1am.

circle were completely amazing yesterday! i'm a fan now!
magik markers were nice too, but circle.... wow! it usually takes quite a bit to get me dancing at concerts... but yesterday i just couldn't stop. pete nolan from the magik markers was dancing around in the mosh pit too.
Old 12.17.2006, 02:10 PM   #92
zombiewoof
empty page

zombiewoof is a name known to allzombiewoof is a name known to allzombiewoof is a name known to allzombiewoof is a name known to allzombiewoof is a name known to allzombiewoof is a name known to all
It was nice to see you again Peter. Review from the whole festival (in dutch) is on the way on Kindamuzik. They wrote a nice review of the last Circle cd I noticed:

http://www.kindamuzik.net/recensie/circle-5399/miljard

@Jef & Tim: great photos!

I agree with Peter that the schedule of Friday was a big disappointment. But Dream/Aktion Unit ruled!
zombiewoof is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.18.2006, 05:48 AM   #93
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
State-X photo's 1, 2
Tokolosh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.18.2006, 07:39 AM   #94
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli
tokolosh, hope you somewhat enjoyed the show while being concetrated on filming.
missing nnck, argh..what did you see instead?

Julie Mittens.
Old 12.18.2006, 07:56 AM   #95
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

I know, I know, but rubbing it in, isn't going to make me feel any better... *pulls out a tissue*
Old 12.18.2006, 11:49 AM   #96
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

it sucked that i didnt see the julie mittens.

i came to the paard, and i figured that i forgot my ticket, and had to go beck
Old 12.18.2006, 11:54 AM   #97
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

you can always go see the julie mittens again, although they only seem to be playing like once a month or so... but with nnck you never know when they'll be playing in holland again. this year we got really lucky with 3 shows. it looks like they're going to do another european tour in may 2007, so maybe we won't even have to wait too long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiewoof
It was nice to see you again Peter. Review from the whole festival (in dutch) is on the way on Kindamuzik. They wrote a nice review of the last Circle cd I noticed:

http://www.kindamuzik.net/recensie/circle-5399/miljard

@Jef & Tim: great photos!

I agree with Peter that the schedule of Friday was a big disappointment. But Dream/Aktion Unit ruled!

you must be eric then with a new username? nice meeting you again too. sorry that i left so promptly, but when i said i was going to move up front for dream/aktion unit i actually thought you'd be following me.

i listened to miljard on the 3voor12 luisterpaal but that's entirely different to the kind of music circle played on saturday... speaking of 3voor12, it's a pity that they're not covering the festival with streaming audio/video like they did last year... and where are the pro-shot pictures of dream/aktion unit!?
Old 12.18.2006, 12:06 PM   #98
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokkeherrie
and where are the pro-shot pictures of dream/aktion unit!?

i still cant belive how some people think that that gig sucked. for me it was more interesting than sonic.

yeah, the 'professional' (and only) photographer was me, except for another person.

it sucks that i didnt take a picture of the other guys, i can swear i took a picture of the saxophonist but i cant find it

hey what are their names though?
Old 12.18.2006, 12:21 PM   #99
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

i took some pictures as well, but they're not really great... so i was hoping some professional ones would show up. guess i'll have to post mine then too.
Old 12.18.2006, 12:23 PM   #100
racehorse
100%

racehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by king_buzzo

hey what are their names though?
dream/aktion unit?
it'll be chris corsano on drums, paul flaherty on saxophone and thurston.
is there another one? it is quite possible. look it up man.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth