Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Which album would you like to see reissued next and why?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.25.2006, 07:41 PM   #61
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
master dik rerelease would be nice.................
Old 11.25.2006, 08:28 PM   #62
k-krack
invito al cielo

k-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAULYBEE2656
master dik rerelease would be nice.................

Thanks alot for those wolf eyes downloads, but I downloaded them, and it won't let me play them!

Danny is a C.H.U.D.
k-krack is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.26.2006, 05:51 AM   #63
CHOUT
invito al cielo

CHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's asses
sister. i read an interview with kim talking about how the rehearsal tapes of these songs were different and fucked up.. would love to hear them.

CHOUT is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.26.2006, 07:15 AM   #64
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
to be honest i would be happy with just about any of them being re released.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.27.2006, 07:09 AM   #65
sun city girl
the end of the ugly

sun city girl kicks all y'all's assessun city girl kicks all y'all's assessun city girl kicks all y'all's assessun city girl kicks all y'all's assessun city girl kicks all y'all's assessun city girl kicks all y'all's assessun city girl kicks all y'all's assessun city girl kicks all y'all's assessun city girl kicks all y'all's assessun city girl kicks all y'all's assessun city girl kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
I heard TV Shit when I bought it upon its original release.
This is why I returned it the next day.
I'm a huge fan and everything, but I know when something is less than essential.
tv shit isn't really that essential but it's nice to have, and eYe rulez!! and that stockhausen sleeve is funny.
sun city girl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.27.2006, 07:13 AM   #66
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses

This would be nice.
Old 11.27.2006, 02:44 PM   #67
lunberg
bad moon rising

lunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to behold
They should rerecord Sister, I'm surprised how much of it sounds so much better live : Kotton Krown (Paradisio 2002) and Schizophrenia are some of the songs that are really nicer in the live version i've heard, particularly because the recording doesn't achieve a good balance between guitars and the bass. The same goes for Evol, I don't like that 80ish drum sound (echo) : it seems to have been recorded in a train station. Again I don't like the record version of Tom Violence, but its a top pick live for me.
lunberg is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.27.2006, 04:02 PM   #68
SYRFox
invito al cielo

SYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's asses
I'd really enjoy to hear Bad Moon Rising Deluxe, even if I don't think there's a lot of rehearsals/out-takes from this era... But Bad Moon Rising is by far my favorite SY album...
SYRFox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.27.2006, 04:27 PM   #69
wax
the destroyed room

wax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asseswax kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunberg
They should rerecord Sister, I'm surprised how much of it sounds so much better live : Kotton Krown (Paradisio 2002) and Schizophrenia are some of the songs that are really nicer in the live version i've heard, particularly because the recording doesn't achieve a good balance between guitars and the bass. The same goes for Evol, I don't like that 80ish drum sound (echo) : it seems to have been recorded in a train station. Again I don't like the record version of Tom Violence, but its a top pick live for me.

what what what?
the production of sister is half the charm!
wax is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.27.2006, 08:46 PM   #70
hirsute_biped
the end of the ugly

hirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asses
1. they recorded "jet set" over the "sister" master?! really? holy shit, what a stupid move! on a level of tragedy equal to all the early jam tapes they stored in the back of their amps getting erased by the proximity of the speaker magnets...

2. what is the EVOL tour film? never heard of.

i was kind of unclear about this, but they have stated that they made tape edits of jams for the thousand leaves album. were these issued on SYR 1 & 2, or were those tracks the jams from whence the tape edits were made? obviosly "mioux: de corrosion" is edited. would be curious to hear more of these jams, as well as the edited versions they then "learned" the songs from. (i think the sessions at west 54th interview was when they talk about this). sonique concrete`!

i think they should do daydream next, and continue back in order, digging out tons of rare nuggets along the way, and simultaneously continue with the "destroyed room" concept. more more more!

it was dissapointing how the sonic death fan club thing fizzled out. i guess SYR is sonic death-phase 2?
hirsute_biped is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth