Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Boredoms Super Roots 9
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.18.2008, 12:35 AM   #1
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

EyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's asses
Damnit could someone please upload this album or send it to me somehow please? It's such a bitch to find
EyeballGrowth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.18.2008, 03:36 AM   #2
andrei
expwy. to yr skull

andrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's asses
I don't want to be an asshole, but wtf man, the album is still in print and you can also find it easly all over the internet. Improve yr searching skills if you don't want to buy the album.
I don't think the board administrators are so happy with this kinda threads that are starting lately...
andrei is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.18.2008, 03:47 AM   #3
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Here ya go, man, you can get it HERE or HERE or HERE.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.18.2008, 02:36 PM   #4
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
hes right, its easy to find. but if these threads bother so much, dont fuckin look at them. the "board administrators" i hope would realize that this is simply a message board, and you can post whatever the fuck you want as long as its not offensive or demeaning.
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.18.2008, 03:18 PM   #5
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
And what about if the board gets shut down because of copyright violation issues? Is that okay?
Old 01.18.2008, 04:21 PM   #6
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

EyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrei
I don't want to be an asshole, but wtf man, the album is still in print and you can also find it easly all over the internet. Improve yr searching skills if you don't want to buy the album.
I don't think the board administrators are so happy with this kinda threads that are starting lately...

Well you ARE being an asshole man. Give me a freaking break, I can't find it ANYWHERE. I've searched and scoured the net for it. Only place so far is amazon for $40. No thanks
Old 01.18.2008, 04:22 PM   #7
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

What the hell is wrong with this thread? I'm asking a favor if someone could upload the album? If they can't they can't. What is so threatening about this thread? Jeesus freaking christ
Old 01.18.2008, 04:40 PM   #8
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
yeah dude, dont worry, andrei is a dick. no one cares what threads you post. im sure super roots 9 will turn up.
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.18.2008, 04:42 PM   #9
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

thank you batreleaser
Old 01.18.2008, 10:52 PM   #10
hat and bread
children of satan

hat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeballGrowth
Well you ARE being an asshole man. Give me a freaking break, I can't find it ANYWHERE. I've searched and scoured the net for it. Only place so far is amazon for $40. No thanks

Perhaps you should take another gander at señor L's ever so insightful post, no?

I'll help:
Quote:
Here ya go, man, you can get it HERE or HERE or HERE.

and

HERE

and

HERE

that took me about .2 minutes of google time, by the by.

ciao.
hat and bread is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.18.2008, 10:58 PM   #11
hat and bread
children of satan

hat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by batreleaser
yeah dude, dont worry, andrei is a dick. no one cares what threads you post. im sure super roots 9 will turn up.

quoth our moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chabib
what part of not violating copyright did you not understand in the forum description?
hat and bread is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.19.2008, 12:47 AM   #12
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
And what about if the board gets shut down because of copyright violation issues? Is that okay?

So no one should get anything for free? No one should be able to exchange hear or view any media whatesoever for free? Ah that sucks cause someone drove by me today thumping their car stereo and I heard it. I've gotta find them quick and pay up.
Old 01.19.2008, 04:10 AM   #13
andrei
expwy. to yr skull

andrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Ah that sucks cause someone drove by me today thumping their car stereo and I heard it. I've gotta find them quick and pay up.

I can't make you pay for it and, for sure, i don't give a fuck if you buy it or not. At least, try too google for it quietly (if you're not a retard, and you can use yr head a little bit) and don't hammer this board with stupid-lazy ass threads, that can do no good (you've never heard about copyright laws and public domains?)
If you want to talk about the album, that's fine, start a thread about it, but don't act like a spam-bot.
Old 01.19.2008, 04:15 AM   #14
andrei
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by batreleaser

If this board will become Demonoid, i'm sure a lot of people will be interested of your posts. Adn yeah, i'm a dick, if you say so...
Old 01.19.2008, 05:02 AM   #15
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
Andrei is absolutely correct. You guys are treading on thin ice.

ps: Super Roots 9 is one of their shittest albums. I don't like it.
Tokolosh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.19.2008, 05:27 AM   #16
sonicl
invito al cielo

Quote:
So no one should get anything for free? No one should be able to exchange hear or view any media whatesoever for free? Ah that sucks cause someone drove by me today thumping their car stereo and I heard it. I've gotta find them quick and pay up.
I thought my post was reasonably easy to understand. There are laws that prohibit (goes to get a CD...) "unauthorized copying, public performance, broadcasting, hiring or rental" of a copyrighted recording. A copyrighted recording, just to help you out, is one that has a little c in a circle on the CD or tape or label, or on the artwork or sleeve. Sometimes, in some countries it may just have p+c printed. You might not like that there is a law that prohibits you from copying a recording without the artist's agreement, but there is one, and some artists and record labels have been known to use that law as a justification for getting websites that permit the unauthorized distribution of their releases shut down. Now, there are a lot of people who are pretty fond of this particular messagebaord, and who would be pretty pissed off if it got shut down. You clearly have no respect for the artists whose music you like, otherwise you would not believe it okay to get the benefit of their work without giving them proper compensation for it, but maybe you might have enough respect for the other users of the board that you might not put it in a position where there is the potential for its being shut down.

Right, I must be off now, I'm heading out to a record shop to buy some music.
Old 01.19.2008, 01:38 PM   #17
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipster_bebop_junkie
Boredoms "Super Roots 9" album was already posted here in this board in the recent past and nobody made a big drama about copyright violation.

http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/sho...82&postcount=1

Times change.

a) this was before the album was unavailable outside of japan.

b) it's a sendspace, it lasts a week, by the time it became available in the western world, the link was long expired.

---

how hard is to look out on blogs, soulseek, torrents, etc.? man, what would have you done 10 years ago when you had to mailorder an album and wait months for it to arrive? probably listened to whatever was easily available, no doubt.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.24.2008, 11:50 AM   #18
sonicl
invito al cielo

Boredoms’ Super Roots 9 (TMT Review), set for release via Thrill Jockey everywhere outside Japan. Yep, Boredoms finally have a solid U.S. label to call home! The CD will come in a custom, mini-gatefold jacket, accompanied by a "40-page perfect bound booklet with music scores and notations."

Your problems are over, EyeballGrowth!

Well, some of them, anyway.
Old 01.24.2008, 11:56 AM   #19
Sheriff Rhys Chatham
invito al cielo

Sheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Damnit could someone please upload this album or send it to me somehow please? It's such a bitch to find

http://ongakubaka.blogspot.com/search?q=boredoms

A part of this blue shit since June 24th, 2004
Sheriff Rhys Chatham is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth