Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.10.2015, 04:32 PM   #7401
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
lol kloppo

i pity liverpool too

but good fit

he'll overthrow everything

see you in 7 years

if not at least the americans will make a mint selling tshirts and shit like that

"being liverpool 2, on pay per view"

well i must go have coffee-- i think im tripping

--

@ nazi - jordan! lololol. guess a guaranteed conmebol spot.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.10.2015, 05:09 PM   #7402
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I really have no idea how Klopp will do. Although not a Liverpool fan I would like to see him do well but there's a lot wrong with Liverpool right now and a lot of it's at board level, beyond his control. We shall see.

But yeah, they'll sell a helluva lot of T Shirts.

Looks like they've already started

demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.10.2015, 11:41 PM   #7403
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Klinsmann got to go.. USA no longer a world class team.. too much experimenting, not enough consistency.. major decline in defense particularly because of all the constant roster experiments and also going with less experienced players in too many big games..

Bradley was boring as fuck, but he was fired for less. Meh World Cup? Embarrassing Gold Cup?? Now no Confederation Cup??? See if US is supposed to improve they need more opportunities to play against elite talent no?

Losing here in LA makes this even worse than losing to Mexico on 2011 Gold Cup here in LA cuz quite frankly more was on the line here.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.11.2015, 05:37 PM   #7404
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
@ nazi - jordan! lololol. guess a guaranteed conmebol spot.

Australia did eliminate Uruguay on the way to Germany 2006, but with those cats being part of the Asian confederation now, yeah, South America's ½ spot is pretty much a full 1 in advance.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.11.2015, 05:41 PM   #7405
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
But yeah, they'll sell a helluva lot of T Shirts.

Looks like they've already started

That's close to the colors of a budweiser can

I see a lot of opportunities for cross-promotion
Old 10.13.2015, 06:07 AM   #7406
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Article that might be of interest to our Amerikkkan friends

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...rgen-klinsmann
Old 10.13.2015, 07:34 AM   #7407
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Article that might be of interest to our Amerikkkan friends

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...rgen-klinsmann

i see the guy is sad he lost 3 players but i don't know how right he is. interesting discussion in the comment section though.
Old 10.13.2015, 12:03 PM   #7408
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
interesting discussion in the comment section though.

That's generally the case with The Guardian: usually more interesting than the actual article.

Seems there are countless obstacles (cultural, institutional) to 'soccer' ever really finding long term acceptance there.
Old 10.13.2015, 12:27 PM   #7409
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
That's generally the case with The Guardian: usually more interesting than the actual article.

Seems there are countless obstacles (cultural, institutional) to 'soccer' ever really finding long term acceptance there.
i agree with one of the commenters there-- as long as the street game is lacking, we'll never have superstars

part of the problem is in the subtext of the article-- the guy talking about how nice is the highschool experience, bla bla bla.

but "nice" is a middle class choice. it's not like "i need to make it to escape poverty" the same way that you'd see chronicled in "hoop dreams".

almost any great fútbol player comes from humble beginnings for a reason-- they gotta make it "or else."

now it sounds like i'm advocating poverty. i'm sure the germans were all well-fed though. still, i don't know-- it's something cultural. i suppose a professional footballer is a more realistic option in germany, where you don't need to be megarich or you can coach kids, etc.
Old 10.13.2015, 01:50 PM   #7410
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
There is a developing "street soccer" culture in US, here in LA all our baseball diamonds have been converted into futbol pitches..i don't think that superstar or even just average world class talent develops necessarily from street experience so much as when a region has extensive street sports culture it reflects how advanced and developed the amateur and professional leagues are.. the kids are playing on the street because the overall sport is the main culture. In US American football dominates all development leagues.. there are thousands of college programs and amateur leagues.. when futbol is even a fraction of that US will be world class..

However it should be noted that US has ranked in the world top20 more years than not over past two decades if anything that US can more or less compete with world class teams without having a world class futbol culture is impressive if you ask me

Old 10.13.2015, 02:21 PM   #7411
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
There is a developing "street soccer" culture in US, here in LA all our baseball diamonds have been converted into futbol pitches..

that's nice to know. i don't see that kind of stuff around here in neomex. if you go to latin america there's kids playing in every street corner. in american "inner cities" (whatever that means) and parks etc i've seen plenty of basketball. in denver i've seen béisbol. futbol is usually some middle class kids and their mommy in a van in a suburban field with no public transportation. just so wrong. anyway...

Quote:
i don't think that superstar or even just average world class talent develops necessarily from street experience so much as when a region has extensive street sports culture it reflects how advanced and developed the amateur and professional leagues are..

well true the pros have to be there to take it to the next level. academies, etc. but street provides the darwinian wilderness for it. street feeds the lower leagues also.

miroslav klose who is the greatest world cup goalscorer ever i think was somehow recruited out of some 5th-level german league or something like that--a village team-- while he was working as a carpenter. carlos salcido (not salcedo) who was one of mexico's greatest defenders and made it to europe (he's back in mexico but is now ancient) was an orphan kid working in the market when he was discovered by a chivas scout and put on the payroll. etc. x 10,000.

Quote:
the kids are playing on the street because the overall sport is the main culture. In US American football dominates all development leagues.. there are thousands of college programs and amateur leagues.. when futbol is even a fraction of that US will be world class..

i look forward to that day. some scrawny appalachian kid with crooked legs becoming the next messi or something.

Quote:
However it should be noted that US has ranked in the world top20 more years than not over past two decades if anything that US can more or less compete with world class teams without having a world class futbol culture is impressive if you ask me

it's like once i was making this cocktails with cheap ingredients and jico said it was "alchemy with turds."

being part of CONCACAF is a huge help in qualifying for any world cup final though. "yay, top 16!" hmmm...

another day i look forward to is the merging of CONCACAF and CONMEBOL. make it a massive league. same fucking time zones! easier to coordinate than UEFA that stretches from portugal to siberia.
Old 10.13.2015, 03:10 PM   #7412
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:

being part of CONCACAF is a huge help in qualifying for any world cup final though. "yay, top 16!" hmmm...

That's true, but it's not like you embarrass yourself whenever you play against teams from better divisions. Although I don't think the challenge is really about the national team (which generally does OK); it's about the far more difficult issue of how to make the MLS more credible, especially as it has no real way of testing itself against other leagues.
Old 10.13.2015, 03:15 PM   #7413
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
This reminds me of a quote I once read: "In the United States, fútbol is the sport of the future... and it always will be".

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.13.2015, 03:44 PM   #7414
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
This reminds me of a quote I once read: "In the United States, fútbol is the sport of the future... and it always will be".

haaa haaa haaa

that's hilarious, and a little sad because it's likely true.

but... never say never. just like gay marriage!
Old 10.13.2015, 05:18 PM   #7415
Bertrand
expwy. to yr skull

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
Netherlands won't be part of Euro 2016.
The team lost in Amsterdam to the Cechs. 2-3. No play-offs for them at all.
Sadly for him van Persie scored an own goal. A header. Another memorable one (not that it was a brilliant one like the one against Spain last year).
I hope it won't be brought back to him too often.
Zidane's headbutt on what's-his-name is not regarded as the most memorable thing in his career (his 2 goals in final against Brasil, or his goal in final with Real), but other players haven't had that luck:
Arconada's remembered for a blunder on a Platini free kick during the 1984 Euro final (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXIUaSOgS5g)... which is unfair; I got to watch the semi-final, and Spain that year qualified against a much much better team (Denmark) thanks to their keeper...
And to a lesser extent, Roberto Baggio being reminded his misfortunes when Italy lost to Brasil (who were not even good) in the penalty shoot out.

The good point, to Holland's crumbling, is that the team will have to be rebuilt (30-something and early 20 blokes). Hopefully, they won't be fit when facing France for the World Cup qualification rounds.
Bertrand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.13.2015, 05:34 PM   #7416
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertrand
Netherlands won't be part of Euro 2016.
waaaaat da fuuuuuuuuuucccck!?!?!?!
Old 10.13.2015, 05:37 PM   #7417
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Don't know much about what's happening at Holland but it has to mean the end of Danny Blind. Whoever takes over it will be the start of something new. As well as RVP, I imagine this'll be the last we see of Sneijder.
Old 10.13.2015, 05:40 PM   #7418
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

i was hoping for a bas dost fest

he was killing it at wolfsburg when debruyne was there

dammit
Old 10.13.2015, 06:59 PM   #7419
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
waaaaat da fuuuuuuuuuucccck!?!?!?!
I know i saw some of the match on my lunch break.. they looked like shit. Even made the US losses not look as bad in the scheme of things..

Quote:
Don't know much about what's happening at Holland but it has to mean the end of Danny Blind. Whoever takes over it will be the start of something new. As well as RVP, I imagine this'll be the last we see of Sneijder.
I hope this isnt necessarily the end of thisparticular squad of dudes with names like the villians a peek era Van Damme movie..

Well, l always have that #ByeByeSpain moment and this one too

Old 10.13.2015, 07:54 PM   #7420
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
I know i saw some of the match on my lunch break.. they looked like shit. Even made the US losses not look as bad in the scheme of things..

gotta be a coaching problem cuz they have good players. shame...
321361368369370 371 372373374381421471 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth