Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Effects
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.29.2008, 03:12 AM   #1221
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
RC-2 is supposed to be pretty good.
yeah, thats the one that i looked at....

www.myspace.com/dellilahtheband
www.myspace.com/lecirquedesvampiresmusic
fugazifan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.30.2008, 11:52 AM   #1222
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazifan
yeah, thats the one that i looked at....

agreed it is supposed be pretty good very clean and w/ a low noise factor like most boss pedals... but alot of boss units are abit too clean in crisp in some cases.

i had a chance to get one of the older models with the two foot switches used for like $150 but passed on it since i was in a band and didn't need a looper/sampler but now since i mostly play solo or in duos i've delved more into sound capabilities produced w/ loopers/samplers... kickin myself for that one now! i like the more primitive older cheaper not as extensive units, the old digitech pds's and older boss ones, would love to get my hands on the Arion delay sampler from the 80's and another Echo Plus digitech pds-8000... not too interested in the Line 6 DL4 or the Giga Delay unless the price falls dramatically.

starting to find all the possibilities and capabailities with the Boss DSD-3, since a manual wasn't included. figured out how to make my loops and samples stutter by rapidly press/depress the footswitch, so interesting rhythm patterns of noise blasts or whatnot can be made...and when you have a sample in rec/play mode and or play mode, you can flip to one of the delay modes and press the footswitch and the saved sample will loop (without holding the footswitch down) but then you lose the loop once you play something new, sound on sound only occurs in the play mode.
scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.07.2008, 04:27 PM   #1223
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
Picked up a Holy Stain today. Bought an expression pedal to with it too, but hated the expression pedal. It screws with your ability to change the speed/level of anything except the pitch shifter. So, I'll be returning that soon. The Stain, however, is pretty good.
Old 07.07.2008, 10:29 PM   #1224
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
I don't have a Stain, but I'd think the pitch shifting with the expression pedal would be the best part of it.

Don't take the expression pedal back. Expression pedals rule. I have two on my board.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.07.2008, 10:32 PM   #1225
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
I don't have a Stain, but I'd think the pitch shifting with the expression pedal would be the best part of it.

Don't take the expression pedal back. Expression pedals rule. I have two on my board.
It would be cool if the the pedal would work right, the shifting alone is great.

It's a Line 6 and it sucks. The manual for the Stain says "for full range of shifting with expression pedal set the Amount knob to 12 o'clock" and set up like that the pedal only sweeps about 1/4 of the way. Plus, with the pedal plugged in, you can't vary the tremolo a lot and it fucks with the rate. The pedal might just be crummy. It feels cheap and is way too tight. I felt like I was going to break it the first time I stepped on it and once I heard what it did(n't) do and how it messed with all the other effects, I packed it back in the box to be returned within 14 days.
Old 07.07.2008, 10:46 PM   #1226
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

YES! Just got this off eBay

I'll just go ahead and add a picture of my current lineup to this post.

The Hall Reverb setting on the Stain is killer especially with a heavy distortion and trem before it. Playing the jazz while pulling up the trem bar through that sounds amazing! I can't wait to get the Microverb, so I can start using the Stain for Shift/Trem only. I have Trem pedal (brown pedal) but it sucks shit, so I'll probably be using the Stain mostly if I'm not going to use the Pitch Shift on a song.
Old 07.14.2008, 12:46 PM   #1227
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Just got the Microverb in the mail. It pretty much kicks ass. I'm puzzled about one jack on it though. It's a 1/4" jack labeled "Defeat" next to the power input. Any ideas?
Old 07.21.2008, 01:49 PM   #1228
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Okay, good news and not-so-good news.

First, the good news. I picked up this beauty today for $208, new. Which is beyond outstanding because Electro-Harmonix stopped making them and they are starting to sky-rocket in price.

The not-so-good news. They didn't have a power supply with it and I don't have one that works. So, now, I have to wait 1-3 weeks for my power supply for it to come in unless I can find a 9V 500mA (I have a 9V 600mA, but that might fry it) power supply with the right adapter (.001% chance).
Old 07.30.2008, 05:22 PM   #1229
soapbars
the destroyed room

soapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's asses

soapbars is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.30.2008, 05:24 PM   #1230
soapbars
the destroyed room

soapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's assessoapbars kicks all y'all's asses
finally finished i think,
soapbars is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.05.2008, 05:58 PM   #1231
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

king_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Youth 37
YES! Just got this off eBay

nice. this looks like an older version. i got a nanoverb because i'm a kevin shields slut.

i really cant get into making/buying a footswitch for it since i dont even use it.
king_buzzo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.05.2008, 06:07 PM   #1232
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by king_buzzo
nice. this looks like an older version. i got a nanoverb because i'm a kevin shields slut.

i really cant get into making/buying a footswitch for it since i dont even use it.

Yeah, it's the first model of Microverb. I love it but I really need a footswitch to turn it off. I'm thinking about getting a Midiverb or Quadraverb in the future.

Update: Still no power supply for the 16 second delay.
Old 08.05.2008, 06:14 PM   #1233
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

king_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's asses
does it use a non latching footswitch like the nanoverb?

its really a bitch because the ones you can buy look like shit and i cant be bothered to order a switch and a couple of wires off the internet.

i've got no idea on what to buy. i was thinking a synth, maybe a microkorg. but then i realised i won't be using it much

i need new pedals. thats it.
king_buzzo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.05.2008, 07:58 PM   #1234
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by king_buzzo
does it use a non latching footswitch like the nanoverb?

its really a bitch because the ones you can buy look like shit and i cant be bothered to order a switch and a couple of wires off the internet.

i've got no idea on what to buy. i was thinking a synth, maybe a microkorg. but then i realised i won't be using it much

i need new pedals. thats it.

I had to download the manual because the switch jack is labeled "Defeat", the manual says it requires a SPST (Single Pole, Single Throw) footswitch, which I have no idea if that's non-latching or not. I just need something to cut the effect so I don't have to walk over to the unit to turn down the mix every time I don't want reverb.
Old 08.06.2008, 06:04 AM   #1235
Phlegmscope
expwy. to yr skull

Phlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's asses
I'm thinking of getting a compressor pedal to get my volume levels even. Also a bunch of other pedals, those cheap behringers that is.
Has anyone tried the behringer feedbacker -pedal that is supposed to be a copy of the one that Boss made long time ago.
Phlegmscope is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.08.2008, 09:54 PM   #1236
RanaldoNecro
expwy. to yr skull

RanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's asses
original boss feedbacker?

I owned one and it was a dissapointment..
Old 08.08.2008, 11:24 PM   #1237
terriblecanyons
invito al cielo

Location: the land where large fuzzy dice still hang proudly like testicles from rear-view mirrors
terriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's asses
The only effects I own are a wah pedal and a fuzz factory, which OWNS.
terriblecanyons is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.08.2008, 11:26 PM   #1238
viewtiful_alan
invito al cielo

viewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's asses
Nothing but a big muff here.

viewtiful_alan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.09.2008, 04:26 AM   #1239
al shabbray

my fuzz factory is broken...the switch doesnt ork properly and the signal jumps between on and of like a blue box between its octaves.
would it be just a switch replacement, or is the circuit blown?
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.10.2008, 04:01 PM   #1240
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

So, still waiting on the adapter for the 16 second. 3 weeks tomorrow.

Next effects buys will be
Blue Box
Bass Muff
(possibly) Whammy
(possibly) Seymour Duncan Tremolo with tap function
52596061 62 63646572 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth