Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page i want to start making muzack
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.26.2009, 03:51 PM   #1
Better_Than_You
the destroyed room

Better_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's asses
on my computer. what program should i download to do this??

does anyone have any pointers or anything??

i'm hoping that if i get okay at figuring out beats&melodies and everything I can start getting into DJing.

Better_Than_You is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.26.2009, 03:55 PM   #2
sarramkrop

Any midi synth generally comes with the software you can use to get you started.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.26.2009, 03:58 PM   #3
SYRFox
invito al cielo

SYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's asses
Fruity Loops is your friend
You should get it
SYRFox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.26.2009, 04:01 PM   #4
Better_Than_You
the destroyed room

Better_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's asses
i should buy a synthesizer you're saying??

im not familiar with a midi synth i guess.

Better_Than_You is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.26.2009, 04:03 PM   #5
sarramkrop

Just get a cheap one, see what you can do with it, and let's go! What instrument would YOU want to play, though?
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.26.2009, 04:10 PM   #6
sarramkrop

And please, stop thinking that programs make the music. If you are shit with them, you can use the software with the most potential, but it still shows you have no ideas.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.26.2009, 04:15 PM   #7
StevOK
expwy. to yr skull

StevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's asses
Fruity Loops. It's what I use.
Facebook

StevOK is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.26.2009, 04:25 PM   #8
wellcharge
expwy. to yr skull

wellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asses
fruity loops is the most natural/logical and simplest

however i feel that reason and renoise are both better programs despite being awkward as hell

haven't used ableton live, but everything i know about it sounds awesome
wellcharge is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.26.2009, 06:00 PM   #9
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
We've had this thread a billion times.

For years, fruity loops wouldn't work on my computer for whatever reason. I'm kinda glad, because I had to make electronic music in really difficult, time consuming ways. Nowadays, I use fruity loops, mainly for the weird noises I can generate from it occasionally. Fruity Loops makes things too damn easy. They have some plugins for that thing, I mean shit.. they have a plugin called "dblue glitch" that, with a click of a button, pretty much makes every song sound like Autechre covering Venetian Snares or something. Also, I can tell 99% of the time when someone uses Fruity Loops, because most people use it the exact same way. So, yes, it is the best and most versatile program to use, but........ well, it's more of a good way to learn on or to create a skeleton for than to create fully functioned songs on. A good thing to do would be to make some beats on Fruity and then play synths in real life and overdub, if you can.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.26.2009, 06:13 PM   #10
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
We've had this thread a billion times.

For years, fruity loops wouldn't work on my computer for whatever reason. I'm kinda glad, because I had to make electronic music in really difficult, time consuming ways. Nowadays, I use fruity loops, mainly for the weird noises I can generate from it occasionally. Fruity Loops makes things too damn easy. They have some plugins for that thing, I mean shit.. they have a plugin called "dblue glitch" that, with a click of a button, pretty much makes every song sound like Autechre covering Venetian Snares or something. Also, I can tell 99% of the time when someone uses Fruity Loops, because most people use it the exact same way. So, yes, it is the best and most versatile program to use, but........ well, it's more of a good way to learn on or to create a skeleton for than to create fully functioned songs on. A good thing to do would be to make some beats on Fruity and then play synths in real life and overdub, if you can.

Best atsonicpark post ever.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.26.2009, 06:21 PM   #11
ihateyouth
children of satan

ihateyouth kicks all y'all's assesihateyouth kicks all y'all's assesihateyouth kicks all y'all's assesihateyouth kicks all y'all's assesihateyouth kicks all y'all's assesihateyouth kicks all y'all's assesihateyouth kicks all y'all's assesihateyouth kicks all y'all's assesihateyouth kicks all y'all's assesihateyouth kicks all y'all's assesihateyouth kicks all y'all's asses
garageband!

ihateyouth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.26.2009, 06:23 PM   #12
ihateyouth
children of satan

ihateyouth kicks all y'all's assesihateyouth kicks all y'all's assesihateyouth kicks all y'all's assesihateyouth kicks all y'all's assesihateyouth kicks all y'all's assesihateyouth kicks all y'all's assesihateyouth kicks all y'all's assesihateyouth kicks all y'all's assesihateyouth kicks all y'all's assesihateyouth kicks all y'all's assesihateyouth kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
Best atsonicpark post ever.

hate to disagree. no lols.

ihateyouth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.26.2009, 06:28 PM   #13
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
[add this to the end of that post]

PS: DICK FUCK WESTERNQUNOX WOLVES EYES ETERNAL WILL SUCK

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.26.2009, 06:37 PM   #14
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihateyouth
garageband!
ew!
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth