Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page post comething completely irrelevant!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.19.2013, 11:45 AM   #35721
truncated
invito al cielo

truncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's asses
I'm quitting smoking using

and it leaves an unpleasant coating on your teeth. A valid argument for the resumption of smoking.
truncated is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.19.2013, 12:01 PM   #35722
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by truncated
I'm quitting smoking using

and it leaves an unpleasant coating on your teeth. A valid argument for the resumption of smoking.

Good, there is a 50% chance this will save your life. Sadly only a 50% chance, but quitting smoking is the single best thing I did in my life. I eat better, exercise, and am generally a healthier person since. Smoking leads to all kinds of evils. Of course, I still accept that there is a 50% chance I will still die painfully of cancer, but 50% is a lot better odds than the pretty much 100% for continuing smokers

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.19.2013, 12:22 PM   #35723
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
i quit for 6 months then was paralyzed in bed with the most intense depression. it only went away when i smoked again. before i finished the first smoke i felt this wave go through my body and my entire posture and manner of walking changed. all those nicotine receptors must have roared back to life. it was insane.

i am still smoking, biggest mistake i ever made in life.
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.19.2013, 12:43 PM   #35724
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
The new Arctic Monkeys album is just brilliant.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.19.2013, 12:45 PM   #35725
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_battery
i quit for 6 months then was paralyzed in bed with the most intense depression. it only went away when i smoked again. before i finished the first smoke i felt this wave go through my body and my entire posture and manner of walking changed. all those nicotine receptors must have roared back to life. it was insane.

It took me two times to quit. The first time I quit for 14 months, cold turkey, and it was horrible. EVERY SINGLE FUCKING DAY I was angry, irritable, and generally pissed off at any and everything. I finally broke down and started smoking again at it was paradise like Ed Reed at the Superbowl in New Orleans last February. However, when I finally settled down to quit again, I acclimatized myself to a life without smoking. I didn't quit cold turkey, I systematically cut back until after about 6 or 8 months I was finally ready to quit more comfortably. Then I just did, and never looked back, haven't touched a cigarette in five solid years, its my most proud accomplishment.

Old 09.19.2013, 12:49 PM   #35726
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

you need something to keep the dopamine cranking, to ward off depression and anxiety. smoking is a natural self-medicating response to that-- which is why they give you meds like wellbutrin (dopamine reuptake inhibitor) to help quitting.

the pill still doesn't resolve the low internal dopamine production though.

how to make dopamine "naturally" is the big question. we usually just replace one addiction with another.

i'm currently considering degenerate gambling as a viable option.

--

ps here's an idea for your soylent-- increase your tirosine (which is a dopamine precursor) and see what happens.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.19.2013, 01:05 PM   #35727
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
you need something to keep the dopamine cranking, to ward off depression and anxiety. smoking is a natural self-medicating response to that-- which is why they give you meds like wellbutrin (dopamine reuptake inhibitor) to help quitting.

Exercise, exercise, and exercise. I know its cliched, but the "runner's high" is honestly what helped me quit. I started running daily like Forest Gump (mainly because with my new found stamina I could actually do it) and it really helped me keep it up and quit. Of course, certain other plants also helped significantly, even if they have little impact on dopamine receptors.

With nicotine addiction, you just need to let time work its magic. Nicotine destroys the bodies normal dopamine processes, you need to let the body readjust and begin to develop normal levels, and further get used to them. On cigarette floods the dopamine receptors with upwards of 10 times the natural levels, the body simply can never produce that much, so let the brain detox gradually. It does get better. The cravings never really go away by the way, they just subside. You will ALWAYS remember them, it NEVER fully goes away, just gets totally manageable. I haven't had a soda pop in so many years I can't even remember what it tastes like, but I can deeply recall every detail of smoking a cigarette

Old 09.19.2013, 01:07 PM   #35728
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
i've already stabbed 20 prostitutes and burned down an orphanage, but nothing quite gets that dopamine rush quite like the cool refreshing cancer taste of satans own rolled up pubic hair.

the permanent throat pain and black charcoal lung freshness gives my lumpy mucus that sour chemically tinge that keeps my breath smelling noxious.
Old 09.19.2013, 01:10 PM   #35729
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
i've already stabbed 20 prostitutes and burned down an orphanage, but nothing quite gets that dopamine rush quite like the cool refreshing cancer taste of satans own rolled up pubic hair.

Did you at least capture their essence like the Scentless Apprentice?

Old 09.19.2013, 01:13 PM   #35730
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Woman in the 1950's on LSD. hehe..
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.19.2013, 01:15 PM   #35731
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

try stabbing nuns and burning down a bank and call me in the morning.
Old 09.19.2013, 01:20 PM   #35732
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
God I loved smoking cigarrettes....

When I quit I had to do it cold turkey. I could not keep smokes in my house.

I would get the shakes and the antsy nerves and so I ended up drawing obsessively to get over it.

It took me 6 weeks to draw this. It helped me quit big time.

Old 09.19.2013, 01:22 PM   #35733
truncated
invito al cielo

truncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's asses
I quit smoking because it made my hair smell, and I'm terribly vain.
truncated is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.19.2013, 01:23 PM   #35734
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Damn dood. That drawing is rad as fuck.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.19.2013, 01:30 PM   #35735
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I've tried selling it, and the other 5 in the series, several times, at solo art shows, and as high quality prints, and no one ever wants to buy. I need to find the druggies/ex-druggies with money for art.
Old 09.19.2013, 01:31 PM   #35736
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by truncated
I quit smoking because it made my hair smell, and I'm terribly vain.

so is jenny mccarthy

she now does ecig commercials
Old 09.19.2013, 01:32 PM   #35737
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I've tried selling it, and the other 5 in the series, several times, at solo art shows, and as high quality prints, and no one ever wants to buy. I need to find the druggies/ex-druggies with money for art.

joaquín there has money
Old 09.19.2013, 01:35 PM   #35738
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous

Did you at least capture their essence like the Scentless Apprentice?

wittyreply.exe was interrupted by COUGHCOUGHCOUGH.mp3
Old 09.19.2013, 03:54 PM   #35739
dale_gribble
100%

dale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
It took me 6 weeks to draw this. It helped me quit big time.

what are the dimensions of this piece?

dale_gribble is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.19.2013, 04:12 PM   #35740
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

22" x 22" on thick watercolor paper. ink (Rollerball pen) with no under-drawing or sketching,
1287168717371777178417851786 1787 178817891790179718371887 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth