Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page How the Fuck Am I Going to Pay For Grad School?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: How the Fuck Am I Going to Pay For Grad School?
Start Robbing Motherfuckers 7 35.00%
Dealing Hard Drugs 7 35.00%
Insurance Fraud 2 10.00%
Sue Somebody 0 0%
Divine Intervention 4 20.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06.11.2009, 01:26 PM   #61
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Your advice was decent, but your tone was all wrong..

awesome! i strive to displease...

Quote:
as I told you, to get a teaching credential you enter a grad school program, I should know my friend, I am in the process of getting one.

depends on the state

Quote:
further, I could get a gig at a private school without it,

hurry up then & do it

Quote:
But FOR MYSELF, i need some class room experience, so I have been looking for TA gigs because I need some experience to build my own confidence to run a classroom, after all its not easy, doing the sunday school is hard enough sometimes, let alone running 180 kids 5 periods a day..

toldja, alternative licensure, you could start working the next school year WITHOUT A LICENSE and work on it while you hold a job.

Quote:
in regards to the grad student work you mentioned, I am also looking into that option, but you have to get accepted to the school first, and I want to be able to at least attempt to pay my way before I get in too deep hoping on something that might not come through.

nah, ballsac. don't "pay your way" into this bullshit unless it's a REALLY CHEAP SCHOOL.

Quote:
again, I appreciate your serious input here, but you could be a little bit more sensitive about it,

fuck no! IT'S THE INTERWEBS. you don't have to look people in the face while you talk shit AT them. anyway, i hope this shit was helpful. i like to help folk while i lord it over them like a veritable asshole.

Quote:
I am not some jack ass little kid, I know of all the details you speak of, in fact even some more you didn't mention, but unlike you, i didn't put my foot in my mouth and assume that you DIDN'T know about it because you didn't mention it, after all, I do not know what you know and don't know, so I would not assume things.

ok, robbing banks and dealing hard drugs, got it.

ha ha no seriously man, best wishes with this shit, but listen to me, DO NOT PAY FOR GRADSCHOOL from your own pocket.

unless (i said that in my first post) you're attending yale law school.

ps check this out, son:

http://www.americorps.gov/about/ac/index.asp

classroom experience AND money for school. yeah.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.11.2009, 01:45 PM   #62
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
my little sister teaches at a private school in los angeles.

she has not been to grad school, but I believe her employers plan to pay for it.

foot ----> [door] ---->
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.25.2009, 01:12 AM   #63
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i might be a prick (can't be fucking helped) but i'm the only one here giving you information that can save your ass.

do NOT, do not fucking NO NO NO DO NOT pay from it from your own pocket unless you want to end up forever broke. DO NOT PAY FOR GRADSCHOOL.

paying gradschool--- that's what graduate assistanships were invented-- they pay you shit money to do professor's work, you'll live hand to mouth, but they cover your fucken tuition (that's how i went to grad school). i'm gonna guess you don't qualify for fellowships, which are sweeter than god's left tit, so i won't discuss those.

in other words: HAVE OTHER PEOPLE PAY FOR YOUR GRADSCHOOL OR YOURE A FUCKING SUCKER. OR AT LEAST GET IT AT DEEP FUCKING DISCOUNT.

---

DO NOT PAY FOR GRADSCHOOL OFF YOUR OWN POCKET. JAH BLESS.

YOU'RE WELCOME.
Between the various fellowships, the four dozen Academic Student Employee openings in the department, and the scholarship opportunities it looks like Lord willing, permitting my acceptance into the program @ UCLA, this shit will actually come together rather nicely.

thanks for the good advice,
you sent me on the right trail and it is paying off beyond expectation. I'd even dare say miraculously.

peace and love,
habte selassie

but I must admit, when I go to the campus people have money, and I feel the itching urge to purse/wallet snatch

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.25.2009, 08:16 PM   #64
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Between the various fellowships, the four dozen Academic Student Employee openings in the department, and the scholarship opportunities it looks like Lord willing, permitting my acceptance into the program @ UCLA, this shit will actually come together rather nicely.

thanks for the good advice,
you sent me on the right trail and it is paying off beyond expectation. I'd even dare say miraculously.

peace and love,
habte selassie

but I must admit, when I go to the campus people have money, and I feel the itching urge to purse/wallet snatch

fuckin a right. there is a shortage of good teachers in america so you're in a path where you're needed. very best wishes.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth