Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page You know I ride for my motherfuckin' niggaz.
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.16.2008, 10:14 PM   #21
CHOUT
invito al cielo

CHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's asses
word.

CHOUT is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.17.2008, 05:59 AM   #22
SonicBebs
expwy. to yr skull

SonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's asses
out
SonicBebs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.17.2008, 06:05 AM   #23
lechaoscestmoi
the destroyed room

lechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
I only say that because I used to love rap. and I'm so disappointed at how bad it turned out to be, generic rap. I mean I got the first Grandmaster Flash album when it came out which was like 1980 or 81, (and I grew up in maine) so I've been listening to (or now hearing) rap for a long time longer than many of these rappers today have been alive! I've seen what was a totally creative and really liberating force self transform into a loathesome face for venal brutality and pathology; but most importantly, the music is not even any good. i blame it all on fucking puff daddy, that is some empty soulless shit right there man. the led zep rip-off killed it for me,
just cuz there are shitty rappers on mtv like puff daddy etc doesn't mean all rappers suck nowadays or something like that.
lechaoscestmoi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.17.2008, 06:13 AM   #24
Death & the Maiden
expwy. to yr skull

Death & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard sucka
Quote:
I'm so disappointed at how bad it turned out to be, generic rap.
Generic music, whether it's black metal, punk, shoegaze, electronic etc. tends to be disappointing, it's not just rap.
Death & the Maiden is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.17.2008, 07:02 AM   #25
gualbert
the end of the ugly

gualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's asses
The good part of rap : the groove.
The bad parts :
-the samples ( = ripoff )
-the clichés ( not that there aren't any in other genres , but rap is on top for that ).
-seems the most important part of it is the lyrics.
gualbert is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.17.2008, 02:46 PM   #26
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I only say that because I used to love rap. and I'm so disappointed at how bad it turned out to be, generic rap. I mean I got the first Grandmaster Flash album when it came out which was like 1980 or 81, (and I grew up in maine) so I've been listening to (or now hearing) rap for a long time longer than many of these rappers today have been alive! I've seen what was a totally creative and really liberating force self transform into a loathesome face for venal brutality and pathology; but most importantly, the music is not even any good. i blame it all on fucking puff daddy, that is some empty soulless shit right there man. the led zep rip-off killed it for me,

Puff Daddy did destroy it all. I can't deny Biggie though, even the shit with Puff Daddy acting "street" in it was still great.
Old 10.17.2008, 02:58 PM   #27
lechaoscestmoi
the destroyed room

lechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asses
i have no idea who the hell is puff daddy to be honest..
Old 10.17.2008, 03:03 PM   #28
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by lechaoscestmoi
i have no idea who the hell is puff daddy to be honest..

Don't try to find out. He's just a wanna-be little man that has ego issues and is basically a money-grabbing bastard that screws up everything and everyone he's involved with.
Old 10.17.2008, 03:05 PM   #29
lechaoscestmoi
the destroyed room

hmm sounds like a soulja boy
Old 10.17.2008, 03:08 PM   #30
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Soulja Boy at least did it himself. Puff Daddy just rode on Biggie's rhymes until he died, then Puff Daddy realized that by making everything he did a tribute to Biggie, that he could sell records and continue to screw people over.

Puff Daddy couldn't even come close to Biggie's rhymes or flow.

"Navajo's creep me in they teepee" "heart throb? never. black and ugly as ever" I mean, c'mon. You really have a tough time getting past that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHDRkO_UmXY
Possibly one of the greatest "slow jams" ever.
Old 10.17.2008, 04:42 PM   #31
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
you know slick rick, Rakim, Chuck D, Eric Parish, and KRS 1 are still alive right?

haha, AFUCKINGMEN! not to mention the Gza, Raekwon, The Prodigy, Chuck D, Ghostface Killah, MF Doom, and so many others who whipe the floor with LIl Wayne's talent. LIl Wayne is decent, I like "The Inspiration" a lot, but the "Carter 3" is bullshit, weak ass beats with rhymes about girls, drugs, money, gangs, and cars, and ever worse, when he trys to be "prophetic" he'a pathetic. Lil Wayne is testament to how low the bar has gotten for Pop Music.
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.17.2008, 04:43 PM   #32
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
And the things, I used to rep lil Wayne. I just realized now how mediocre he is.
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.17.2008, 04:58 PM   #33
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Surely Judging all Rap by what gets played on the radio is like judging all guitar music by The Kooks

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth