Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Deeeeeeeeeetroit!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.05.2006, 12:14 AM   #1
habibtheantiamericanbitch
bad moon rising

habibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard sucka
juss getting back from the SY/Flaming Lips gig.......pure bliss!!! when i get my pics developed, i'll share them.....if they're not shit.

setlist

Incinerate
Reena
Madonna, Sean and Me
Do You Believe In Rapture
What A Waste
Tom Violence
Turquoise Boy
Rats
Jams Run Free
Pink Steam
Shaking Hell

wish they'da played longer. not even an encore, but it was a killer performance as usual!
habibtheantiamericanbitch is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.05.2006, 12:25 AM   #2
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Baaaaaaasketball!!!!

Sorry

You'd think they'd do an encore.
Old 08.05.2006, 12:32 AM   #3
k-krack
invito al cielo

k-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by habibtheantiamericanbitch
Madonna, Sean and Me

WHAT!?!?!?!?

Danny is a C.H.U.D.
k-krack is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.05.2006, 12:51 AM   #4
bob_bert71
empty page

bob_bert71 has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
sy opened for the lips, so the reason for the no encore!
bob_bert71 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.05.2006, 05:10 AM   #5
Toxa
100%

Toxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's assesToxa kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by k-krack
WHAT!?!?!?!?

its expressway
Toxa is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.05.2006, 08:04 AM   #6
bad moon rising

habibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard suckahabibtheantiamericanbitch cold hard sucka
heck, they did a full set at Cuyahoga! i think it has to do with the time limits at the State Theatre. I hate that place severely. I think the Lips shortened their set too. We didn't get Bohemian Rhapsody. First time they haven't played it all tour. Still the best show i'll see all year!

also, i gotta say, Ibold really does nothing for the band, but free Kim up to spin around......
Old 08.05.2006, 08:05 AM   #7
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
wish they'da played longer. not even an encore,
they're not the headliner.
Cantankerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.05.2006, 08:08 AM   #8
bad moon rising

doesn't matter.....who says ONLY headliners do encores????? this was a perfect double bill. State Theatre likes everyone out by 11pm.
Old 08.05.2006, 08:11 AM   #9
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
i'm generally referring to the length of time they played but typically opening acts don't perform encores.
Cantankerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.05.2006, 12:15 PM   #10
EricsTrip
little trouble girl

EricsTrip is a splendid one to beholdEricsTrip is a splendid one to beholdEricsTrip is a splendid one to beholdEricsTrip is a splendid one to beholdEricsTrip is a splendid one to beholdEricsTrip is a splendid one to beholdEricsTrip is a splendid one to beholdEricsTrip is a splendid one to behold
Only 11 songs? I have a feeling their gig at the MN state fair is going to get cut short too. The state fair pamphlet I got with my ticket states this:

Fireworks: Weather permitting, fireworks follow each evening Grandstand show. Starting times vary, but most fireworks begin around 10:30 pm. For your safety, please remain seated during the fireworks.

I certainly hope they don't expect the Lips to be done by 10:30. The show doesn't even start until 7:30, and there's another opening act on before SY. SY should've just done their own headlining gig at First Ave.
EricsTrip is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.05.2006, 10:46 PM   #11
Jet Jaguar
empty page

Jet Jaguar has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
that bit about the band the state was great
they're still around
Jet Jaguar is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.05.2006, 11:39 PM   #12
dark heat
empty page

dark heat ain't too shabby
I don't know, I think I'd sacrifice an encore to see 'Expressway'

And the Flaming Lips didn't do Bohemian Rhapsody at Kuyohoga either. They did do War Pigs, though.
Old 08.06.2006, 03:12 AM   #13
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
You got Sonic Wolf Hair "Inhuman" last time, so this time they shorted you.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.06.2006, 04:02 AM   #14
bad moon rising

truthfully, i'm glad the Lips omitted Bohemian out of the set. Wayne's voice just makes a mockery of it...... Da Yoots tore it up for the hour they played though and lee was supercool after the show. i never met a more humble man in my life. i swear i thought i saw someone approach him with a box of baseballs for him to sign (the Tigers game was across the street). another dude mistook him for a member of the Lips and handed him a Lips cd cover to sign. Lee just laughed and said "I don't know who you think I am?!?" funny at first, but then kinda sad. oh well.....gotta finish up this roll o film so i can post some pics.........
Old 08.06.2006, 10:41 AM   #15
against_the_grain
stalker

against_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard sucka
Quote:
truthfully, i'm glad the Lips omitted Bohemian out of the set. Wayne's voice just makes a mockery of it...... Da Yoots tore it up for the hour they played though and lee was supercool after the show. i never met a more humble man in my life. i swear i thought i saw someone approach him with a box of baseballs for him to sign (the Tigers game was across the street). another dude mistook him for a member of the Lips and handed him a Lips cd cover to sign. Lee just laughed and said "I don't know who you think I am?!?" funny at first, but then kinda sad. oh well.....gotta finish up this roll o film so i can post some pics.........

Please do !!! I love checkin' out the photos !

I met Steve Shelley outside of the Gothic in Denver before their gig there. He was incredibly humble, gentle and completely approachable. Very kind folks in da yoots ! Nice...vinnie !

I was asking Steve about photography and he said 'sure..bring you camera in..and if you wanna record you can do that too !!'.......

unposted of Steve and Kim....Denver, 6-27-06

Do not fear mistakes. There are none

Miles Davis
against_the_grain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth