Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page rage against the machine versus x-factor
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.18.2009, 07:02 PM   #61
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
and by christ do they take a lot of cleaning.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.19.2009, 04:25 AM   #62
Florya
expwy. to yr skull

Florya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's asses
Some of you guys need to get over yourselves.
It's just a bit of fun, a lighthearted two finger salute to Corporate TV.
Whether RATM are good or bad, sellouts or not, is irrelevant.
If you feel so strongly about it, don't buy either song - that'll learn 'em! ;-)

listening mirror @ Soundcloud http://soundcloud.com/listening-mirror

Florya is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.19.2009, 05:58 AM   #63
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses

No sir, I don't like it.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.19.2009, 11:02 AM   #64
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
....ratm and joe x factor winner are both properties of sony bmg! yeah! rock on, fight the power etc...cmon please! marketing ploy..thats all it is! also proof that the charts mean shit, lets all download god save the queen and see if the bbc blank out the entry again.......
Old 12.19.2009, 02:08 PM   #65
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666

That place is almost as legendary as Fishy Business in Brockley.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.19.2009, 02:57 PM   #66
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
it's not a light hearted two finger salute to corporatism, its a populist embrace of servility to media spectacle and sony's profit margins ie. the very corporate evil rage denounce in their music. people are, of their own accord reinvigorating the market for profit from music downloading. i find this frankly disturbing, that people should do this voluntarily. it's a sign of how far the average person is from revolutionary militance, and what crap they are willing to enjoy instead. you'd think considering what the military industrial entertainment complex is actually doing to the earth right now people might REALLY be prepared to risk a bullet in the head to change things, rather than just living in the drug oblivion of media fug in order to distract from all the bullets their armies and governments are currently putting in people's heads this christmas. its also i think a way to disavow any unplatable content rage against the machine may have by turning it them into just a piece of entertainment to compete with the x factor.
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.19.2009, 03:21 PM   #67
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses

demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.19.2009, 09:34 PM   #68
automatic bzooty
invito al cielo

automatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's asses
rage in tandem with the machine!!!!!111!one!!
automatic bzooty is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.20.2009, 06:14 AM   #69
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
"The revolution will be televised!"

Don't get me wrong, I don't think RATM ever had a chance at overthrowing the government. But I think they (and by they, I really just mean Zach De La Rocha) wanted to. And for a little while, and I am talking just a short little while, they may have had enough fans to do it. Unfortunately their fans tended not to be the guerilla-warior minutemen type they had hoped for, but instead a bunch of middle-school aged potheads. But if you were a band and you had the high aspirations of a D.C. mutiny, you would know that you would need more than just the hype at your local indie record store to build your army. So they were signed to Sony; they used that though to their advantage to get more people to believe in their message, however ridiculous the message may have been. Being signed to a major record label didn't kill the dream. What killed it was the fact that the band, besides Zach, lost interest and didn't care anymore and just wanted to play music (you might be able to say they were audio slaves? lol hahaha j/k), and that, as already mentioned, their fan base consisted of a bunch of stoners that were never really going to do anything.
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.20.2009, 08:09 AM   #70
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
rage are now a parody of themselves... grown men saying fuck on tv...how hardcore is that!

did they think so many people would be that guullable...oh hold on..they are!

also who gave the right to rage to single handedly attempt to take a lifelong dream from a 17 year old kid to make number one, who the fuck would see that as being ok... rage are morons and their self parodying "fuck you corporations" attitude is laughable as sony artists on the bbc.....

the charts are not important in my life, i dont even bother with them....rage obviously does and that makes them on a level with their label rival joe mceldrey...

its bollocks! it actually annoys me rage have so much support.... they should be embarrased, pathetic!

"fuck you i wont download what you tell me"
Old 12.20.2009, 09:00 AM   #71
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
i agree with the last 2 posts except for the idea that rage themselves orchestrated this, which i don't think is true it was their fans. didn't zach actually go off and fight in some african revolutionary movement at one point or was the guy who told me that just talking shit? and yes, audioslave were so fucking dreadful
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.20.2009, 09:36 AM   #72
Katy
the destroyed room

Katy kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's asses
it has annoyed Simon Cowell and raised a shit ton of money for Shelter.

that's nice. I'm not giving it any more thought than that.
Katy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.20.2009, 03:51 PM   #73
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by afterthefact
But I think they (and by they, I really just mean Zach De La Rocha) wanted to. And for a little while, and I am talking just a short little while, they may have had enough fans to do it. Unfortunately their fans tended not to be the guerilla-warior minutemen type they had hoped for, but instead a bunch of middle-school aged potheads. But if you were a band and you had the high aspirations of a D.C. mutiny, you would know that you would need more than just the hype at your local indie record store to build your army. So they were signed to Sony; they used that though to their advantage to get more people to believe in their message, however ridiculous the message may have been. Being signed to a major record label didn't kill the dream. What killed it was the fact that the band, besides Zach, lost interest and didn't care anymore and just wanted to play music (you might be able to say they were audio slaves? lol hahaha j/k), and that, as already mentioned, their fan base consisted of a bunch of stoners that were never really going to do anything.

".. and thats a true story folks.." phil lesh sept 17, 1974

People should separate RATM the band/ideology from the content of RATM's art/music/lyrics. The problem with art is that people get way to caught up in the personality of the artist.. whether we are talking about Caravaggio or Picasso.. which is why the Bible is anonymous, and the Ku'ran would have been smart to claim such anonymity as well.. the freedom of anonymity is that you concentrate on the feeling of the art itself, for art's sake, rather than the personality cult of the artists. Iconography and early Church paintings were equally unsigned for the same reasons..

Art should be judged for art's sake. In revolutionary art, true, the credentials/credibility of the artists tend to play a crucial role in judging/interpreting the art, but is that the way it should be? Does not revolutionary art give a voice and language for expression of revolution? Come off it, is Dancin in the Streets that revolutionary a tune? And yet when they were 'dancing' in those streets in 68, folks they knew the truth of the movement. This is like philosophical argument they ask kids in school, "who was a more effective leader, MLK jr (the populist/mainstream) or Malcolm X (underground/militant)?" It is an insulting question, regardless of the motives or the means, if the people are moved towards the movement where is the judgement?

all in all..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.20.2009, 05:30 PM   #74
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
They made it to number one, apparently.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.20.2009, 06:05 PM   #75
wellcharge
expwy. to yr skull

wellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAULYBEE2656

also who gave the right to rage to single handedly attempt to take a lifelong dream from a 17 year old kid to make number one, who the fuck would see that as being ok...

why exactly is this kid entitled to make number #1? who gave them the right? well the way charts work gives them the right,you sell more you make number 1. i don't see why anyone should give a shit about his dream,keep working for what you want kid but you aren't entitled to my support.

i just think this is the stupidest attitude you could have towards charts, is elvis an asshole for going to #1 all the time and not purposely failing so he can fulfill the dreams of artists who simply aren't as popular as him?

the same way rage fans aren't entitled to go to #1, i don't care about them going to number 1, hopefully the royalties are going to a charity of some sort? because it seems like a waste for all the rage fans to buy a song they already have for the pointless idea of rage going to #1
wellcharge is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.20.2009, 11:02 PM   #76
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellcharge
is elvis an asshole for going to #1 all the time and not purposely failing so he can fulfill the dreams of artists who simply aren't as popular as him?

the simple answer... yes

hey elvis..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.21.2009, 02:04 AM   #77
Lamont Cranston
100%

Lamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's asses
Wouldn't something English have made more sense?
Old 12.21.2009, 05:01 AM   #78
vulva
the end of the ugly

vulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's asses
I like things that piss people off. A bunch of you seem pissed about this for no real reason (Derek). I like this.
Old 12.21.2009, 06:16 AM   #79
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
I listed plenty of reasons why I think the campaign is a ton of shit.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.21.2009, 08:51 AM   #80
SYRFox
invito al cielo

SYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's asses
Is this really something worth raging for?
SYRFox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth