Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Some Questions for the Christians and overly religious
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.22.2010, 09:50 AM   #41
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
^ well I think it's good that she has a strong sense of faith.
and personally....I think if one truely believes certain things within a religion, they can lead a better life than without. There are a lot of people who do need a sense of "guidance" and if religion helps them....why fucking bash it? I've seen people blindly and ignorantly talk about religion and a bunch of other stuff...but I've also seen how it can help a person's mind. and if I was able to live like them with a lighter load on their minds...I would.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.22.2010, 09:52 AM   #42
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
hevusa, when on this topic of religion n shit. yer just as bad as the "dipshit believers" who go into debates just bashing the opposing side.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.22.2010, 09:56 AM   #43
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
[/b]This could also mean we were created in God's image spiritually.

I am blown away. Not many ppl yr age ponder such things

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.22.2010, 09:59 AM   #44
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

hevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
hevusa, when on this topic of religion n shit. yer just as bad as the "dipshit believers" who go into debates just bashing the opposing side.

When a Christian wants to deny two adults from getting married because of a "belief" they hold it is hard to view them as anything but dipshits. And yes, this is the majority view out there in America right now. DIPSHITS!

If one has any kind of intellectual integrity you simply can't believe in God. There are too many possibilities that are eliminated with this kind of mentality. A "dipshit" might be a little harsh of a word but it gets the point across. Fire with fire.

I got a catholic block
inside my head
I let it go to work
Bring it all back home

It serves you right
And I can motor down
You got to earn yr freedom
Get it on my own
hevusa is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.22.2010, 10:02 AM   #45
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevusa
So now you know what God did/does too?

Thanks for providing a PERFECT example of why belief is dangerous. And with perfect timing.

I don't know shit, but I do believe in greater possibilities than the limitations of your mind allow you to explore. I am so dangerous huh??? If I was a non-beleiver i would probably be a very dangerous person. I like to do what I want to do. I don't care about death or consequence, but because I believe in GOD I think twice before being selfish. If I had no belief I would probably be killing ppl that piss me off in traffic and taking whatever I want to make ME happy.

Selfishness is dangerous.

Old 11.22.2010, 10:03 AM   #46
tcpotbntmy
little trouble girl

tcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
When a Christian wants to deny two adults from getting married because of a "belief" they hold it is hard to view them as anything but dipshits. And yes, this is the majority view out there in America right now. DIPSHITS!

If one has any kind of intellectual integrity you simply can't believe in God. There are too many possibilities that are eliminated with this kind of mentality. A "dipshit" might be a little harsh of a word but it gets the point across. Fire with fire.

Bullshit, you just have a limited idea of what god is supposed to represent. Nothing is absolute in this territory, it's a concept, and you're acting with a relatively equal ignorance as the people you're purporting to attack in this thread...
tcpotbntmy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.22.2010, 10:05 AM   #47
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Quote:
^ well I think it's good that she has a strong sense of faith.
and personally....I think if one truely believes certain things within a religion, they can lead a better life than without. There are a lot of people who do need a sense of "guidance" and if religion helps them....why fucking bash it? I've seen people blindly and ignorantly talk about religion and a bunch of other stuff...but I've also seen how it can help a person's mind. and if I was able to live like them with a lighter load on their minds...I would.

thanx man. I mean that is why I believe. It makes my life more tolerable. Ppl can call me weak all they want, but I am not too egotistical to admit that I am only human and I NEED not just want GOD in my life. I have talked to him and he has answered. I have lived my own small miracles. My faith has given stability to a very unhealthy mind.

Old 11.22.2010, 10:06 AM   #48
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Quote:

Damn!You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to EVOLghost again

Old 11.22.2010, 10:06 AM   #49
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
If one has any kind of intellectual integrity you simply can't believe in God.
Look, no one knows how all of this started. Yeah you can have tons of theories from both sides of the coin (religious and scientific) but no one can prove or disprove if there is a God or not as at this point of time it is beyond our knowledge. The fact that you say people with intellectual integrity can't believe in God is ridiculous, most of the people that originally went against the findings of the Church were Christians. Galileo, Copernicus etc. Hell, even Charles Darwin was Christian (and some of his findings are used to denounce God and religion, which I'm sure was not his original intention with what he found).
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.22.2010, 10:06 AM   #50
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

hevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcpotbntmy
Bullshit, you just have a limited idea of what god is supposed to represent.

What is God supposed to represent? Who decides what attributes something has when they can't prove it even exists in the first place? Do you get to make up the rules?
Old 11.22.2010, 10:09 AM   #51
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Look, no one knows how all of this started. Yeah you can have tons of theories from both sides of the coin (religious and scientific) but no one can prove or disprove if there is a God or not as at this point of time it is beyond our knowledge. The fact that you say people with intellectual integrity can't believe in God is ridiculous, most of the people that originally went against the findings of the Church were Christians. Galileo, Copernicus etc. Hell, even Charles Darwin was Christian (and some of his findings are used to denounce God and religion, which I'm sure was not his original intention with what he found).

also as far i as i know enstein had no problem with the idea of god.

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.22.2010, 10:13 AM   #52
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:

Then being agnostic, like I am, is the only reasonable point of view is what you are saying. I can't argue with that. But just because someone does good scientific research doesn't mean they have intellectual integrity when it comes to God.

Darwin was agnostic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_agnostics).
Old 11.22.2010, 10:13 AM   #53
tcpotbntmy
little trouble girl

tcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's assestcpotbntmy kicks all y'all's asses
Einstein was largely an atheist(also denied this label by association) but wouldn't entirely deny the existence of a god... just not anything a generalized human view of totes(toted) as being that.
tcpotbntmy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.22.2010, 10:14 AM   #54
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Then being agnostic, like I am, is the only reasonable point of view is what you are saying. I can't argue with that. But just because someone does good scientific research doesn't mean they have intellectual integrity when it comes to God.
And you have intellectual integrity when it comes to God?
Old 11.22.2010, 10:15 AM   #55
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by knox

No, but he didn't "believe".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_agnostics
Old 11.22.2010, 10:17 AM   #56
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
And you have intellectual integrity when it comes to God?

Yes, I'm agnostic. You can't have any more intellectual integrity when it comes to God than to be agnostic. But this is also true of the invisible, pink, omni-present elephant I have living in my refrigerator.
Old 11.22.2010, 10:19 AM   #57
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Quote:

I got a catholic block
inside my head
I let it go to work
Bring it all back home

It serves you right
And I can motor down
You got to earn yr freedom
Get it on my own

Well I AM NOT THE MAJORITY as I have already stated.

I have more Itelectual integrity in my pinky than you will ever be able to conjure out of your empty miserable existance.

Am I calling nonchristains "DIPSHITS" cause they don't think like me? NO!

yr a fuckin hypocrite

and btw thuirston & kim were married in a catholic church by a roman catholic priest and I love that fuckin song because of the versus you just quoted. I do believe you have misinterpreted his point though. Maybe you should do a bit more "intillectual resarch" before you start assuming things. Do you even know anything about them that is not based on folk lore?

By your logic Sonic Youth is a danger and they fall squarely into your little judgemental box.

I earned my freedom I got it on my own. I took what I was given logically examined and pondered and spiritually as well and I have decided for myself that this is who I want to be.

Old 11.22.2010, 10:20 AM   #58
Derek
invito al cielo

Quote:
Yes, I'm agnostic. You can't have any more intellectual integrity when it comes to God than to be agnostic. But this is also true of the invisible, pink, omni-present elephant I have living in my refrigerator.
Is your avatar a warning for everyone else?
Old 11.22.2010, 10:21 AM   #59
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcpotbntmy
Einstein was largely an atheist(also denied this label by association) but wouldn't entirely deny the existence of a god... just not anything a generalized human view of totes(toted) as being that.

suppose the word in vogue would be agnostic.

The most beautiful and most profound experience is the sensation of the mystical. It is the sower of all true science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead. To know that what is impenetrable to us really exists, manifesting itself as the highest wisdom and the most radiant beauty which our dull faculties can comprehend only in their primitive forms - this knowledge, this feeling is at the center of true religiousness.
( Albert Einstein - The Merging of Spirit and Science)

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.22.2010, 10:22 AM   #60
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by knox

True my dear knox. ppl tend to forget so easily.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth